Southern California Southern California

Come Join us for the 5th Annual Fathers Day Run to Solvang!!! June 18th!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 09:52 PM
CorvetteBob52
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

I agree with canceling the route we were going to take but many as I have been planning this for months now, Like I said before, We could take the 5 north to the 166 west then the 101 south to Solvang, The 166 is a beautiful drive through a nice canyon. So if we choose to cancel the Solvang run, I would still like to go on a run somewhere/anywhere I've been prepping for this for weeks. Anybody have any ideas???
Maybe a nice Topanga Canyon or Kanan Dune Canyon drive to the beach. So I'm in wherever anybody wants to go, I just want to get out and drive with other vettes on the road

Last edited by CorvetteBob52; 06-17-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:57 PM
CorvetteBob52
Racer

Bouquet canyon up to Lancaster then 90th street west up to Tahachipi , That would be a beautiful drive too, All canyons. Anybody up for that one ?? Plenty of great places to eat up there too.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:56 PM
CorvetteBob52
Racer

Originally Posted by TStein
Is there not another run folks wanna do on Saturday morning? Such a shame to lose the momentum when everyone has already planned on the time.
Still meeting at the original spot in Northridge, We will decide where we will go from there, Besides myself I know there are still a lot of you who still want to go on a run this Saturday the 18th. I'm trying to put together a nice run to Tahachipi for lunch, Mostly all canyons and should be a beautiful drive for everyone, I know the route the whole way, so I could even lead if everyone needs me to. I will be at whole foods market in Northridge at 8:00 am Tomorrow. Hope we can still get a nice turnout for the cruise. Hope to see ya there. CorvetteBob
Old 06-18-2016, 01:56 AM
48supertruck
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Sucks this is cancelled, I have been planning it for months to take the day off work.

I am going to go meet at the Northridge spot in the morning and see where it takes us.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:13 AM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

I am really really really sorry to everyone I just do not see any other option :-(

We will have this run it is just postponed and we will give everybody ample time to prepare

Although I am sure there will be several cars if not many that show up tomorrow for a run I would suggest Angeles crest it's beautiful

Have lunch at Newcombs
Old 06-18-2016, 03:15 AM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Stay tuned to this thread for new date

Any input on a new date is welcomed from all

Last edited by pauldana; 06-18-2016 at 03:15 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:50 AM
TStein
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still in with my son. He's only 7, but fanatical about vettes and was totally bummed the full run was postponed, even though for good reason I was gonna have to make it up to him anyway with a ride to West Coast Corvette, so can't waste such a nice day. Let's talk in the AM about the revised ride plan.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:31 AM
c6 monkey
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Don't feel bad Paul

Postponing it was the right thing to do. The 9th probably makes the most sense for a new date imo, but whatever you decide is fine.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:38 AM
C6Vette710
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Probably a little late, but whats the plan for today?
Old 06-18-2016, 01:40 PM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by c6 monkey
Postponing it was the right thing to do. The 9th probably makes the most sense for a new date imo, but whatever you decide is fine.
Let's make it the 9th.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:00 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by pauldana
I am really really really sorry to everyone I just do not see any other option :-(

We will have this run it is just postponed and we will give everybody ample time to prepare

Although I am sure there will be several cars if not many that show up tomorrow for a run I would suggest Angeles crest it's beautiful

Have lunch at Newcombs
SuperCar Sunday Father's Day meet?
Old 06-20-2016, 03:19 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Well, how was your cruise? Did you take any pics? Where did you go and eat?...inquiring minds want to know.

Sparky

Fearless Leader

The Block of Orange
Old 06-20-2016, 05:52 PM
TStein
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ufso
Well, how was your cruise? Did you take any pics? Where did you go and eat?...inquiring minds want to know.

Sparky

Fearless Leader

The Block of Orange
Had a great time. Good ride and good people. We took the canyons towards Malibu up near Mulholland. 6 cars total. Ran into some interesting bicycle riders with colorful words...I think we scared one of them coming up the canyon...he he. My son got sick on the side of the road after a bit with sharp canyon turns (clearly too ambitious on my part, but he was a trooper and still wants to come to the next one, although I probably won't bring him til he's older). Then we split up and 4 cars went to Neptunes Net for lunch and a slower cruise while the other 2 continued on in the canyons. I think Bob took some video and I only got a pic of my son in front of the four cars at Neptunes.

It was the right thing to do to postpone the Solvang run, but glad we still did something this weekend. Made for a great Father's Day!
Old 06-20-2016, 05:56 PM
trent066
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TStein
Had a great time. Good ride and good people. We took the canyons towards Malibu up near Mulholland. 6 cars total. Ran into some interesting bicycle riders with colorful words...I think we scared one of them coming up the canyon...he he. My son got sick on the side of the road after a bit with sharp canyon turns (clearly too ambitious on my part, but he was a trooper and still wants to come to the next one, although I probably won't bring him til he's older). Then we split up and 4 cars went to Neptunes Net for lunch and a slower cruise while the other 2 continued on in the canyons. I think Bob took some video and I only got a pic of my son in front of the four cars at Neptunes.

It was the right thing to do to postpone the Solvang run, but glad we still did something this weekend. Made for a great Father's Day!
Second that. Great weather and good ride. Thought there would have been more than 6 of us but still had a good time. Cant wait to do it again.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:20 PM
Pie R Squared
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Day Run to Solvang June 25?

How about next Saturday, June 25. I am heading to Lompoc for a night and then on to Cambria for a little wine tasting.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:43 PM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by Pie R Squared
How about next Saturday, June 25. I am heading to Lompoc for a night and then on to Cambria for a little wine tasting.
Too soon. Overnight reservations are impossible on such short notice. We talked about 7/9. Pull the trigger, Paul.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:50 PM
CorvetteBob52
Racer

Here's a few pics from the run last Saturday. There were only 6 of us but we made the best of it, We did some very unexpected spirited driving through some of the canyon's. Box Canyon, Valley Circle Drive, Mullholland Drive, and Malibu Canyon. A fun drive for sure. Put my good 'Ol C5 to the test for the first time, Was very happy with the results. Kept right up with those C7 boy's. Those cars are just awesome !! Cant wait to do it again soon. CorvetteBob

Get notified of new replies

To Come Join us for the 5th Annual Fathers Day Run to Solvang!!! June 18th!!

Old 06-20-2016, 08:25 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by F4 Phantom
Too soon. Overnight reservations are impossible on such short notice. We talked about 7/9. Pull the trigger, Paul.
I'd say at least 30 days notice till the run. It's hard to get a quick day off.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:00 AM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by c6 monkey
Thank you... made me feel so bad, like I let so many down... but I just did not see any other way

:agree: Let's make it the 9th.

Thank you

Originally Posted by Pie R Squared
I'm watching the fires... watching the temps...,looking at the holidays .......
I'm thinking that is to short of a notice and with to much unanswered in the area...
The 9th is the week just after the 4th and a lot of people play catch up....

Originally Posted by Nurburgring
I'd say at least 30 days notice till the run. It's hard to get a quick day off.
what I was thinking...

how you guys feel about the 23rd??
Old 06-21-2016, 11:18 AM
skyavonee
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by pauldana
how you guys feel about the 23rd??
The 16th, 23rd, and 30th all seem like reasonable options. Maybe create a new thread with a poll, and allow the masses to vote? Just an idea.

Quick Reply: Come Join us for the 5th Annual Fathers Day Run to Solvang!!! June 18th!!