Southern California Southern California

Best SoCal Chevy service dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 12:03 PM
Sayfoo
Melting Slicks

Received 457 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by pauldreazy
Thank you!! Selman and Rydell it is then. Hopefully they can help me with DoD AFM lifter issue or gates tensioner .
I recently had a experience at Selman body shop, not service. I had some good body work done there in the past.
I had a minor accident and drove my c6, 60 miles to get home. Selman came up with a estimate of $22k to fix it.
Way too many inflated cost parts. New radiator? Drove 60 mile home with no leaks or over heating. New AC parts? Drove 60 miles and AC worked perfectly. Etc., Etc. Inflated parts? If I could buy a new, GM oem body part, at retail, for $xxx, why would Selman charge my insurance 30%-60% more?
My insurance valued the car at $26k, mostly because of 122k miles, even though it was in xlnt condition, new tires, etc. With a $4k difference in the estimate/value, they would not fix it. I asked "Bob" to work with me because I assumed they actually wanted the work, and he said flatly, "NO".
Totaled with a $9k buy back for me.
Gave it to my daughter/son in law, and then less then $2k in parts, and a little labor, later, they have a $26k valued car. Actually less, because of a salvage title. They did buy the body parts used, that were oem, the right color (no paint needed), something that the dealer wouldn't/couldn't do.
I was extreemly disapointed, because I loved that car, but, it worked out well in the end (no thanks to Selman).
Old 01-17-2024, 01:24 PM
Deepdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by zcobra1
I have used Riverside Chevy and had good luck there. This is with my C8 and so far only oil changes…..
They do have a Vette specific tech, and I saw quite a few C8’s there, along with other years.
Do you recall what they charged you? Will likely use them for the next oil change based on your recommendation.

Quick Reply: Best SoCal Chevy service dealer