Reputable shop in San Diego for minor repairs / service

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 02:31 PM
hubris140
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Reputable shop in San Diego for minor repairs / service

Hi guys

Looking for some input on any good repair shop for minor repairs and service (not mods) in the San Diego area. My C6Z is currently in Jimmie Johnson Chevy in Kearny Mesa right now to get its cooling fan fixed (fan runs continuously and does not turn off).

They're doing an absolutely terrible job at servicing. Car has been in the shop for over a day and its either sitting in the lot or its sitting on the lift being "looked over" for a day according to the service manager. He still doesn't know what is wrong with the car, leading me to believe that most probably the car hasn't even been looked at yet. This is after staying on hold for an eternity waiting to talk to him. I have had decent service from them in the past but after this I wont be going back to them. I'd appreciate some input from members who have had similar experiences here on how to go about resolving this.

None of the options in SD seem too attractive :

Top Flight Corvette Miramar : Bad rep on the forum and in general on the internet
The Corvette Shop : Overcharges for simple jobs ($375 for a standard 30k mile service!)
City Chevrolet : Slow, unresponsive, same as Jimmie Johnson
CMS in Temecula : Have heard good things about them but too far from where I live to go for minor repairs
Bob Stall : Haven't tried them yet but heard good things from members. Dreading the drive again but looks like the most attractive option currently.

I dont have the technical inclination nor the time to work on the car myself which is why finding a reliable shop is imperative for me.

Has anyone had any luck at shops other than these? If so, I'd really appreciate any input.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:30 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by hubris140
Hi guys

Looking for some input on any good repair shop for minor repairs and service (not mods) in the San Diego area. My C6Z is currently in Jimmie Johnson Chevy in Kearny Mesa right now to get its cooling fan fixed (fan runs continuously and does not turn off).

They're doing an absolutely terrible job at servicing. Car has been in the shop for over a day and its either sitting in the lot or its sitting on the lift being "looked over" for a day according to the service manager. He still doesn't know what is wrong with the car, leading me to believe that most probably the car hasn't even been looked at yet. This is after staying on hold for an eternity waiting to talk to him. I have had decent service from them in the past but after this I wont be going back to them. I'd appreciate some input from members who have had similar experiences here on how to go about resolving this.

None of the options in SD seem too attractive :

Top Flight Corvette Miramar : Bad rep on the forum and in general on the internet
The Corvette Shop : Overcharges for simple jobs ($375 for a standard 30k mile service!)
City Chevrolet : Slow, unresponsive, same as Jimmie Johnson
CMS in Temecula : Have heard good things about them but too far from where I live to go for minor repairs
Bob Stall : Haven't tried them yet but heard good things from members. Dreading the drive again but looks like the most attractive option currently.

I dont have the technical inclination nor the time to work on the car myself which is why finding a reliable shop is imperative for me.

Has anyone had any luck at shops other than these? If so, I'd really appreciate any input.
might want to try my friend Abo at south coast speed and sound a call... he is familiar with all gm platforms, and i tune cars for him .

teamscss.com
Old 08-05-2014, 04:31 PM
hubris140
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
might want to try my friend Abo at south coast speed and sound a call... he is familiar with all gm platforms, and i tune cars for him .

teamscss.com
Thanks Ryne, I'll be sure to give him a try
Old 08-06-2014, 12:51 AM
SDVette
Safety Car

Received 1,295 Likes on 560 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (stock)
2016 C1 of Year Finalist

I have a C5 and a C1. Over the past 10 years, I've tried the service of all the Chevy dealers within 40 miles of my home (Poway), as well as Top Flight and Corvette Shop.

With the dealers, you are at the mercy of the service manager and tech on duty that day.. Luck of the draw; a few are good, most don't give a rat's ***.

Lawton and Larry are knowledgeable, but they are schisters, and not professional businessmen. I've had some good, but mostly bad experiences with them. If you go with one of them, be sure to get everything in writing.. don't approve anything over the phone.

Total mixed bag.. and no consistency anywhere.

I end up doing my own work.. but like you, I'd be happy to pay for it if it was available.

I wish you luck in your quest - and a free bump to the top!

Last edited by SDVette; 08-06-2014 at 01:16 AM.
Old 09-26-2020, 03:14 PM
JonWally
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great shop
Old 10-29-2020, 04:05 PM
MoparGuy90
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Can you guys recommend someone on Menefee, Murrieta that area?

Get notified of new replies

To Reputable shop in San Diego for minor repairs / service

Quick Reply: Reputable shop in San Diego for minor repairs / service