Southern California Southern California

Buttonwillow, WSIR and AutoClub Lap Times?

Old 07-29-2014, 09:41 PM
TheKosherStogie
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Buttonwillow, WSIR and AutoClub Lap Times?

Just picked up a ZR1 and trying to get an idea of lap times on these tracks.

The best times and what others are running (what mods etc)...is there a lap time thread?

Just got rid of an e92 m3 and I ran
1:57:7 at Buttonwillow C13 and 1:30:9 at WSIR (KW CS, stoptech, apr aero, hankook rs3 tires) and 1:59:2 and 1:32:8 without the aero. Curious to how I do in the vette once I get used to the power!!!
Old 07-29-2014, 11:38 PM
Joezone914
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I haven't done Button Willow yet but if you can do a 1:30 on big willow in a very modded M car you should be right around 1:28 - 1:30 in stock zr. I'm not that fast yet but im just too cautious. On ACS the car in stock form is quite capable of very low 1:50's and mid 1:40's with slicks.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:46 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Speed Ventures has the Corvette Challenge so look at the results on their website for various times. There a number of different levels of stock, modified, super modified and Unlimited so the times will vary greatly.

I am sure you will be at or below your M3 times fairly quickly once you get used to the ZR1. It will seem like a handful at first but you get used to the handling and power after just a couple of days. I came from a GT3 before my Z06, and now I am quite a bit faster in the Z06. Your car will be an absolute beast out at WSIR and ACS, and quite often at a Speed Ventures event, Vettes occupy many of the fastest times of the day.

Check out times posted by Oli, Stephanie Cemo, Jim Tway, and you can see why the Vette times are so fast.

Have fun with the new car and nice choice of color.

Peter
Old 07-30-2014, 12:24 AM
TheKosherStogie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Joezone914
I haven't done Button Willow yet but if you can do a 1:30 on big willow in a very modded M car you should be right around 1:28 - 1:30 in stock zr. I'm not that fast yet but im just too cautious. On ACS the car in stock form is quite capable of very low 1:50's and mid 1:40's with slicks.
Yeah I ran around mid 50 there stock in the M so should cut some time with all that power on the straight alone! Thank you.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:25 AM
TheKosherStogie
Advanced

Originally Posted by skxf430
Speed Ventures has the Corvette Challenge so look at the results on their website for various times. There a number of different levels of stock, modified, super modified and Unlimited so the times will vary greatly.

I am sure you will be at or below your M3 times fairly quickly once you get used to the ZR1. It will seem like a handful at first but you get used to the handling and power after just a couple of days. I came from a GT3 before my Z06, and now I am quite a bit faster in the Z06. Your car will be an absolute beast out at WSIR and ACS, and quite often at a Speed Ventures event, Vettes occupy many of the fastest times of the day.

Check out times posted by Oli, Stephanie Cemo, Jim Tway, and you can see why the Vette times are so fast.

Have fun with the new car and nice choice of color.

Peter
Thank you. I know Stephanie. The people I know with Vettes are super modded with aero so hard to find goals to reach. Thank you for the info as well
Old 07-30-2014, 12:57 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Z06 with NT05 or MPSS

1:32.57 WSIR
1:51.06 ACS

DH
Old 07-30-2014, 01:51 AM
wtb-z
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKosherStogie
Just picked up a ZR1 and trying to get an idea of lap times on these tracks.

The best times and what others are running (what mods etc)...is there a lap time thread?

Just got rid of an e92 m3 and I ran
1:57:7 at Buttonwillow C13 and 1:30:9 at WSIR (KW CS, stoptech, apr aero, hankook rs3 tires) and 1:59:2 and 1:32:8 without the aero. Curious to how I do in the vette once I get used to the power!!!
Not have not seen much data on ZR1 lap times. A C6 Z06 should probably go a bit faster than your old M3, and then add another 100hp. 2-3 seconds faster, total?
Old 07-30-2014, 11:08 AM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Kosherstogie,

When is your next track day?

You will want to put on a camber kit on your car as soon as possible. The Z's don't hold an alignment very long with the concentric bolts. Also, you will want more camber out of your alignment and stock has its limitations.

In stock form, my car's alignment barely lasted 2 days and now it holds the alignment for a very long time. Darin at West End did an excellent job, and my tire wear is very even now and he was able to get rid of most of the understeer on my car.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:46 PM
wtb-z
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

If he is running DOT-ish tires the stock alignment hardware should be fine. Plenty of adjustment, torque the bolts to spec...
Old 07-30-2014, 05:19 PM
TheKosherStogie
Advanced

Kosherstogie,

When is your next track day?

You will want to put on a camber kit on your car as soon as possible. The Z's don't hold an alignment very long with the concentric bolts. Also, you will want more camber out of your alignment and stock has its limitations.

In stock form, my car's alignment barely lasted 2 days and now it holds the alignment for a very long time. Darin at West End did an excellent job, and my tire wear is very even now and he was able to get rid of most of the understeer on my car.
Thank you...not sure yet. Supposed to go to streets Fri but I can't deal with 100 degrees...maybe BW soon

What did Darin do? He did my last two cars...what would I need for alignment
Old 07-30-2014, 07:07 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Thank you...not sure yet. Supposed to go to streets Fri but I can't deal with 100 degrees...maybe BW soon

What did Darin do? He did my last two cars...what would I need for alignment
PM sent.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:24 PM
Hercules Rockefeller
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My best times at some of these tracks;

ACS: 1:44
Buttonwillow (13cw): 1:51
WSIR: 1:27

WSIR is my worst time of the three, mostly because putting down a good time at that track requires more risk than anywhere else (and my car wasn't caged until recently). This is a C6 Z06 with ~570 RWHP, coilovers, heavy sway bars and DOT slicks. A better driver could probably saw a few seconds off of each of these.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:13 AM
TheKosherStogie
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
My best times at some of these tracks;

ACS: 1:44
Buttonwillow (13cw): 1:51
WSIR: 1:27

WSIR is my worst time of the three, mostly because putting down a good time at that track requires more risk than anywhere else (and my car wasn't caged until recently). This is a C6 Z06 with ~570 RWHP, coilovers, heavy sway bars and DOT slicks. A better driver could probably saw a few seconds off of each of these.
Solid times! You have aero?
Old 07-31-2014, 01:23 AM
Hercules Rockefeller
Pro

Solid times! You have aero?
Yeah, front splitter and APR rear wing. Don't know how much difference they really make though, maybe a small bit (at places like T1 at ACS and T8 at WSIR). But the main thing is a good alignment and tires.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:25 AM
TheKosherStogie
Advanced

Yeah, front splitter and APR rear wing. Don't know how much difference they really make though, maybe a small bit (at places like T1 at ACS and T8 at WSIR). But the main thing is a good alignment and tires.
Oh they make a difference. First day with aero on my e92 m3 I ran 2 seconds faster at WSIR and 1.5 at buttonwillow
Old 07-31-2014, 01:33 AM
Hercules Rockefeller
Pro

Oh they make a difference. First day with aero on my e92 m3 I ran 2 seconds faster at WSIR and 1.5 at buttonwillow
Could be, hard to tell as I haven't really done a back to back comparison, so you might be right. I think it does make a difference at WSIR, more there than anywhere else. It all depends on how crazy of an aero setup you go with, what did you put on your e92 exactly?
Old 07-31-2014, 01:43 AM
TheKosherStogie
Advanced

Could be, hard to tell as I haven't really done a back to back comparison, so you might be right. I think it does make a difference at WSIR, more there than anywhere else. It all depends on how crazy of an aero setup you go with, what did you put on your e92 exactly?
Stoptech bbk with porterfield r4 pads, KW Clubsport coilovers, APR GT250 wing and apr splitter. Ran on hankook Rs3 street/track tire. That apr wing gave me so much down force I was full throttle at WSIR exiting 6 over 7's crest and thru 8 going in at 127 and exiting at 131mph. Although that car isn't nearly as powerful as your Z

Get notified of new replies

To Buttonwillow, WSIR and AutoClub Lap Times?

Old 07-31-2014, 01:52 AM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Kosher,

Are you using the stock Lazy Boy seats?

Be prepared to strap yourself down with some duct tape. Lol
Old 07-31-2014, 01:54 AM
TheKosherStogie
Advanced

Kosher,

Yeah right now I am. I'm sure I'll be all over the damn place. My buddy has a recaro pole position but I need to see how they are. It's my daily driver so need to find middle ground
Old 07-31-2014, 02:31 AM
Mike.D
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Kosher,

agreed, first mod is to rip that garbage GM calls seats out and get something that will hold you in. Honestly, besides Slicks, its the best mod you can do.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buttonwillow, WSIR and AutoClub Lap Times?