Southern California Southern California

CSCC Autocross Videos. 7/19-20/2014.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:02 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default CSCC Autocross Videos. 7/19-20/2014.

Saturday I ran my car in practice. Pretty tight course, but flowed well. 4th. overall out of 100 cars.
Sunday I raced a 2011 GS Corvette. Stock with race tires. It seems a little week at low rpm's compared to my 04 Z06. Not sure why, but it's still a Corvette with plenty of power. 1st. in class. About 8th. overall out of 235 cars.

Steve
Old 07-23-2014, 05:48 PM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

My Sunday run below (good for 3rd in S1), about 4.5 secs slower than you Steve on my PSS tires.

I'm paddle shifting my A6, which I think might make my gearing a little different, but your comment about being a little weak at low RPMs is a feeling I have as well. If I blow a hairpin and scrub off too much speed while hanging out in 2nd, it's like dragging an anchor till you get back up in the power band. Of course I'm still learning out there, so I'm making bigger mistakes (and paying for them dearly!).

Old 07-23-2014, 10:14 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice run Randy! Congrats on your 3rd. place finish.

Steve
Old 07-24-2014, 01:42 AM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DigitalWidgets;
I'm paddle shifting my A6, which I think might make my gearing a little different, but your comment about being a little weak at low RPMs is a feeling I have as well. If I blow a hairpin and scrub off too much speed while hanging out in 2nd, it's like dragging an anchor till you get back up in the power band.
For the slow left-hander where you dropped to about 20 mph you could either take a wider arc to maintain higher speed or better yet downshift to 1st. Consider, if you weren't using the paddles the car would've downshifted itself in that corner upon exit. The paddles just give you better control of when that shift will happen. Make the change while you're braking into the corner so that you can be in 1st when you're ready to power back out. Short-shifting back into 2nd as you accelerate hard will complete the shift prior to you being in the next corner.

--Dan

Get notified of new replies

To CSCC Autocross Videos. 7/19-20/2014.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CSCC Autocross Videos. 7/19-20/2014.