Southern California Southern California

Quest for Good Chevy Dealer in Orange County

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 12:14 AM
kartdriver8
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quest for Good Chevy Dealer in Orange County

Trying to find a good dealer in southern California to take my Corvette to. Purchased in the bay area and now it is here. I called and made appointment to Harbor Chevrolet (Long Beach) after telling them the year and it was a ZR1. They said no issue and bring it in. Should take less than 2 hrs to change everything and check the fluids.

Took it in at the proper time and said I will need to check the rotors as I have the 75-85 mph vibration. The service writer said (even though I have a warranty up to August 2014) that the rotors would not be covered as it is a wear item. Another side story.

They found the rack was not low enough to clear the side skirts. Then they said the only thing is to change the oil on the alignment rack. After spending quite a bit of time (3 mechanics) using blocks of wood to clear the front and middle of the car, the car was on the rack and changing the oil. Taking it off the rack was equally tedious as they used the wood blocks again (same three mechanics) to take care down. They did a good job not damaging the car. You would think the dealer would have some solution. However, I question how many ZR1s they actually service and work on there.

I live in Orange County and still looking for a dealer. I need to have them look at the rotors and fix the vibration along with any other warranty work before the warranty ends.

kartdriver8
Old 07-14-2014, 10:11 AM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Delillo Chevrolet in Anaheim or Connell Chevrolet in Costa Mesa.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:41 PM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

I've been taking my Grand Sport to Connell for all of it's regular maintenance, and overall it's been a positive experience. I did buy tires from them once, and I wouldn't do that again.....when I showed up with a screw in one 8 weeks after purchasing a new set, they said "no road hazard warranty", and then charged like $65 for the repair....the local tire shop by the office has fixed screws in the Vette's tires for $25 on several other occasions.

Don't know if you do your own car washes, but if you're picky about that, make it clear to any dealers that you specifically do not want any of their courtesy car washes.

Good luck finding a dealer! And then bring that ZR1 out to autocross with us at El Toro!
Old 07-15-2014, 06:55 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by kartdriver8
Trying to find a good dealer in southern California to take my Corvette to. Purchased in the bay area and now it is here. I called and made appointment to Harbor Chevrolet (Long Beach) after telling them the year and it was a ZR1. They said no issue and bring it in. Should take less than 2 hrs to change everything and check the fluids.

Took it in at the proper time and said I will need to check the rotors as I have the 75-85 mph vibration. The service writer said (even though I have a warranty up to August 2014) that the rotors would not be covered as it is a wear item. Another side story.

They found the rack was not low enough to clear the side skirts. Then they said the only thing is to change the oil on the alignment rack. After spending quite a bit of time (3 mechanics) using blocks of wood to clear the front and middle of the car, the car was on the rack and changing the oil. Taking it off the rack was equally tedious as they used the wood blocks again (same three mechanics) to take care down. They did a good job not damaging the car. You would think the dealer would have some solution. However, I question how many ZR1s they actually service and work on there.

I live in Orange County and still looking for a dealer. I need to have them look at the rotors and fix the vibration along with any other warranty work before the warranty ends.

kartdriver8
I noticed a vibration coming thru the steering wheel of my ZR at about 80 MPH. The tire place I go to balanced all Four tires VERY carefully. It took care of the vibration. A lot has been written about tires, rotors out of balance. I guess I was lucky that it was the tires. Your unbalance problem if it is the rotors has been there since the car was new. Hard to get a dealer to address your problem. It doesn't change because of wear in my opinion. America's tire spent over an hour balancing my tires. They didn't charge even through I haven't bought tires for my ZR. But I have bought several sets over time, and they know I'll be back when I'm ready for new ones.
I'm surprised they had so much trouble changing the oil. I do my own, and don't find it a problem.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:42 PM
hellrazr
Pro

Trying to find a good dealer in southern California to take my Corvette to.
Connell in Costa Mesa, and DeLillo in HB are the dealers I've used for warranty work.

Unfortunately, I don't recommend them except for simple maintenance tasks.

In my experience, Connell was the lesser of two evils.

Most of the warranty work I've had those dealers perform either wasn't done properly and/or they broke something else in the process. Nice guys, though.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Avoid DeLillo in Huntington Beach!!!!! I went there for many years because I liked the service writer. They NEVER fixed anything in less than 3 visits......and then when they couldn't fix one problem after 7 try's they had GM void my warrantee because they said I must have modified something or they would have been able to fix it.... It took me over a month to get GM to reinstate my Warantee. GM had me bring the car to Connell and they fixed it right the first time. I will never let the jokers at Delillo touch one of my cars again... EVER.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:09 AM
john8642
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Never used them, but Penske Chevrolet in Cerritos has given me a reasonable estimate for some future work.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:28 AM
kartdriver8
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DigitalWidgets
I've been taking my Grand Sport to Connell for all of it's regular maintenance, and overall it's been a positive experience. I did buy tires from them once, and I wouldn't do that again.....when I showed up with a screw in one 8 weeks after purchasing a new set, they said "no road hazard warranty", and then charged like $65 for the repair....the local tire shop by the office has fixed screws in the Vette's tires for $25 on several other occasions.

Don't know if you do your own car washes, but if you're picky about that, make it clear to any dealers that you specifically do not want any of their courtesy car washes.

Good luck finding a dealer! And then bring that ZR1 out to autocross with us at El Toro!
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I am going to arrange a visit this week at Connell for any warranty work and the vibration issue.

I am planning on going to Streets of Willow on Nov 1st with another ZR1, a Camaro 1LE, STi, and maybe a Challenger SRT8.

kartdriver8
Old 07-22-2014, 06:57 PM
kartdriver8
Intermediate

So far so good. I really like the dealership. The service writer is really nice and seems to be excellent at his job. He will make an attempt at seeing if GM can cover the rotors.

Will know more tomorrow.

kartdriver8
Old 07-22-2014, 08:34 PM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

So far so good. I really like the dealership. The service writer is really nice and seems to be excellent at his job. He will make an attempt at seeing if GM can cover the rotors.

Will know more tomorrow.

kartdriver8
Let us know the outcome.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:49 AM
kartdriver8
Intermediate

I also dropped off the expansion tank from Straightline for them to install. We shall see. I contacted William from GM Customer Service. So far so good! I am really liking the experience so far. I am really hoping to not pay for the new rotors.

kartdriver8

Get notified of new replies

To Quest for Good Chevy Dealer in Orange County

Quick Reply: Quest for Good Chevy Dealer in Orange County