Southern California Southern California

American Heritage Performance Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 08:17 PM
furiousox
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Default American Heritage Performance Review

I am in no way affiliated with American Heritage Peformance. I'm just a guy who loves cars, used to work on his cars, but am now too busy to even sleep 6 hours a day, and am super happy to have found a great shop for my car.

This review is long overdue, as I have just been super slammed with work the past few weeks.

I had a set of NPP mufflers on my non-NPP 08 Vette for about a month, and have been wanting to install the NPP in a Box mod so I can choose to cruise in absolute silence when I want to. I was quoted ridiculous prices by several shops in the area, until I messaged Kohle from American Heritage Performance.

I made an appointment for two days later, and got to the shop right on time at 10am.

Keep in mind I got quoted for 8-9 hours of labor for putting in the NPP in a Box mod by more than 2 local shops, which I thought was a bit crazy. kohle told me about 2-3 hours, and he's a man of his word.

The moment I got there, Kohle immediately started working on the engine bay. The temperature that day was 100+ so the engine was bloody hot, but he said he's used to working on hot engine bays. Turns out he's worked for several well-known Vette shops in Texas starting when he was just 16.

Even though my NPP in a Box came with an EZ tap, we both decided tapping into the intake manifold was the better / more reliable way, so we opted for that.

I was quoted $400-500 / 4-5 hours by other shops just to remove / reinstall the intake manifold. Kohle did it in an hour and a half. Kohle seemed to know where EVERY wire and plug goes in the engine bay. It is truly impressive to see someone this passionate about the LS engine, and to know his way around the entire engine bay so well. He literally unplugs wires / plugs then put them back together without any hesitation or doubts. He knows exactly which components should be removed before another so he can take everything apart as quickly as possible.

Within 3 hours my NPP in a Box was installed, and Kohle not only took the car out for a quick drive to make sure everything ran perfectly, he also topped off my clutch and brake fluids, and inspected my engine bay to make sure everything else looked good.

I have been in the "car scene" for over a decade, and my cars ranged from Japanese to German to Domestic. Out of the dozen or so shops I've been to, including shops that worked on a car's entire powertrain shop, I have to say Kohle impressed me the most with his absolute professionalism, knowledge, and most of all, great customer service. I have been to shops that did not allow one to watch them work, and not only does Kohle not mind me watching at all, he kept me involved the whole time with conversations that improved my knowledge of my car.

I will definitely take my car back to Kohle for a clutch upgrade, long tubes and cam installation + tune. I cannot recommend American Heritage Performance enough

Last edited by furiousox; 06-05-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:04 PM
c5z06.O
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Do they have a website

Originally Posted by furiousox
I am in no way affiliated with American Heritage Peformance. I'm just a guy who loves cars, used to work on his cars, but am now too busy to even sleep 6 hours a day, and am super happy to have found a great shop for my car.

This review is long overdue, as I have just been super slammed with work the past few weeks.

I had a set of NPP mufflers on my non-NPP 08 Vette for about a month, and have been wanting to install the NPP in a Box mod so I can choose to cruise in absolute silence when I want to. I was quoted ridiculous prices by several shops in the area, until I messaged Kohle from American Heritage Performance.

I made an appointment for two days later, and got to the shop right on time at 10am.

Keep in mind I got quoted for 8-9 hours of labor for putting in the NPP in a Box mod by more than 2 local shops, which I thought was a bit crazy. kohle told me about 2-3 hours, and he's a man of his word.

The moment I got there, Kohle immediately started working on the engine bay. The temperature that day was 100+ so the engine was bloody hot, but he said he's used to working on hot engine bays. Turns out he's worked for several well-known Vette shops in Texas starting when he was just 16.

Even though my NPP in a Box came with an EZ tap, we both decided tapping into the intake manifold was the better / more reliable way, so we opted for that.

I was quoted $400-500 / 4-5 hours by other shops just to remove / reinstall the intake manifold. Kohle did it in an hour and a half. Kohle seemed to know where EVERY wire and plug goes in the engine bay. It is truly impressive to see someone this passionate about the LS engine, and to know his way around the entire engine bay so well. He literally unplugs wires / plugs then put them back together without any hesitation or doubts. He knows exactly which components should be removed before another so he can take everything apart as quickly as possible.

Within 3 hours my NPP in a Box was installed, and Kohle not only took the car out for a quick drive to make sure everything ran perfectly, he also topped off my clutch and brake fluids, and inspected my engine bay to make sure everything else looked good.

I have been in the "car scene" for over a decade, and my cars ranged from Japanese to German to Domestic. Out of the dozen or so shops I've been to, including shops that worked on a car's entire powertrain shop, I have to say Kohle impressed me the most with his absolute professionalism, knowledge, and most of all, great customer service. I have been to shops that did not allow one to watch them work, and not only does Kohle not mind me watching at all, he kept me involved the whole time with conversations that improved my knowledge of my car.

I will definitely take my car back to Kohle for a clutch upgrade, long tubes and cam installation + tune. I cannot recommend American Heritage Performance enough
Or a phone number. Thanks
Old 06-05-2014, 11:12 PM
furiousox
Pro

You may find their contact information here:

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/Contact.html
Old 06-06-2014, 01:53 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Im glad you like the npp in a box mod. Its nice to have the option of closing the butterfly's and being able to actually hear in the cabin. It was great talking with you and thank you for your business.

Originally Posted by c5z06.O
Or a phone number. Thanks
You can go to our website as posted above or give us a call 310-326-2399. We are a corvette from sponsor/vendor so please feel free to send us a PM or email if that's easier.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:59 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Old 06-14-2014, 01:17 PM
leego
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can count on Kohle to do a great job. You won't regret it...
Old 06-14-2014, 02:24 PM
C6Goyo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the great review, I just called them for a quote on some work
Old 06-14-2014, 05:31 PM
ScottJ03
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not a fan of NPP. 2 out of 4 pipes get dirty, ;-( A lot of people pull the fuse to keep open all the time. At least you did it the right way. I believe in Corsa Sport, No Drone, clean install with no vacuum thing showing, looks great and has a great sound. Enjoy yours.

Wife never complained about exhaust either.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:03 PM
c5z06.O
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Default thumbs up

Thumbs up for this shop.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:04 AM
IMDark2
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leego
You can count on Kohle to do a great job. You won't regret it...
Had work done at his shop this week.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:16 AM
joshz06
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Great shop to deal with.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:45 PM
SRuizV
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thumbs up for this shop!!!!!
great customer service as well

I had a leak on my vette and I showed up at khole's shop, and he checked my car really quick. He has done some work before and i'm very happy with his work.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:23 PM
ReVetter
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm impressed with AHP for their quality workmanship, knowledge of the quirks and fixes of various Vette models and timely completion of jobs.

I took mine in for a squeaky noise in the engine and Kohle diagnosed it as a leaky water pump. Pump was replaced on the scheduled day by that early afternoon.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:18 PM
RGT
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Great review!
Old 04-27-2015, 12:13 AM
LinxuSx
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by American Heritage
Im glad you like the npp in a box mod. Its nice to have the option of closing the butterfly's and being able to actually hear in the cabin. It was great talking with you and thank you for your business.

You can go to our website as posted above or give us a call 310-326-2399. We are a corvette from sponsor/vendor so please feel free to send us a PM or email if that's easier.
Sent you guys a PM
Old 05-18-2015, 03:50 PM
furiousox
Pro

Originally Posted by ScottJ03
I am not a fan of NPP. 2 out of 4 pipes get dirty, ;-( A lot of people pull the fuse to keep open all the time. At least you did it the right way. I believe in Corsa Sport, No Drone, clean install with no vacuum thing showing, looks great and has a great sound. Enjoy yours.

Wife never complained about exhaust either.
Sorry somehow I didn't get an email notification for updates to this thread

I actually had a Corsa Sport before switching to the NPP mufflers. The Corsa sounded WORLDS better than the NPP in open mode, but alas it was still too loud for me, especially at idle (I know this is what many are after). I took several trips to Norcal / San Diego with the Corsa and while it didn't drone it was still much louder than the NPP in closed mode.

Also, once I add headers the NPP in silent mode will become necessary IMHO. I've read several posts mentioning drone with headers with Corsa mufflers, though I haven't heard one in person.

Get notified of new replies

To American Heritage Performance Review

Quick Reply: American Heritage Performance Review