Southern California Southern California

2014 Corvette Challenge Event#4 DOWNLOAD !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Default 2014 Corvette Challenge Event#4 DOWNLOAD !!!

2014 CORVETTE CHALLENGE by SPEED VENTURES EVENT #4

BUTTON WILLOW RACEWAY #13CW

DOWNLOAD !!!!!!

USE THE LINK BELOW TO SEE THE SCHEDULE, REGISTER FOR AN EVENT, CLASS YOUR CAR AND SEE THE POINT STANDINGS!!
http://svc.speedventures.com/fly.asp...age&series=192

** IT IS MANDATORY TO CLASS YOUR CAR DURING ONLINE REGISTRATION !!! ALSO FILL OUT A CLASSIFICATION SHEET AND TURN IT IN WITH YOUR TECH FORM AT REGISTRATION **
HERE IS THE SPREADSHEET TO DETERMINE YOUR CLASS
http://www.speedventures.com/competi...ksheet2014.xls

PHOTOS OF ALL CORVETTE CHALLENGE EVENTS CAN BE FOUND HERE !!!
http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/Co...=recent&page=1

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SUPPORT ALL OUR SPONSORS WHO MAKE THIS GREAT EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE

2014 CORVETTE CHALLENGE SPONSORS

ORGANIZATION SPONSORS
Speed Ventures - http://speedventures.com/

GOLD SPONSORS
LG Motorsports - http://www.lgmotorsports.com/
Finspeed - http://www.finspeed.com/

SILVER SPONSORS
Cunningham Motorsports - http://www.cunningham-motorsports.com
Excelsior - http://excelsiormotorsports.com/
KNSBrakes - http://knsbrakes.com/
California Service Center - http://www.californiaautocenter.com
Revolution Motorsports - http://www.revolutionexotics.com/
Canyon Run Videos - http://www.canyonrunvideos.com/
LSX Advanced Auto - http://www.lsxadvauto.com/
Tway Motorsports - http://www.twaymotorsports.com/

DH
Old 04-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Okay guys, here is the download thread where you can brag about what a great driver you are, how you were only driving 7/10, how all the morons who couldn't keep their cars out of the dirt causing many Black flags screwed up your sessions, etc ………..

But talk is cheap. Video is what counts, so lets see that video.

I want to say that I finally listed to all my buddies and ran with all the nannies off instead of in Comp Mode as I have been doing in my C5 as well as my C6Z06. To them I just want to say THANKS !!!!

Hope everyone had fun.

Please support our sponsors if you want to see this Corvette Challenge continue ………….

DH
Old 04-19-2014, 11:41 PM
doveboat
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
Okay guys, here is the download thread where you can brag about what a great driver you are, how you were only driving 7/10, how all the morons who couldn't keep their cars out of the dirt causing many Black flags screwed up your sessions, etc ………..

I want to say that I finally listed to all my buddies and ran with all the nannies off instead of in Comp Mode as I have been doing in my C5 as well as my C6Z06. To them I just want to say THANKS !!!!

Hope everyone had fun.

Please support our sponsors if you want to see this Corvette Challenge continue ………….

DH
That's it !!, no video, reports, PB Times, cold pit altercations, great BBQ ...

Ed
Old 04-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by doveboat

Ed
NO PB by me.

I have video of 2 spin outs by me.

PLease be patient …………………

DH
Old 04-20-2014, 01:09 AM
NTNFGRP
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doveboat

Ed
It was a crazy day Ed...I managed to go off 3 times all were saved
..dropped tires off corners 6 times...and had all 4 tires in the air coming into lost hill....no video..my memory card managed to crack in half....
Old 04-20-2014, 02:08 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

First spinout in first session in lap 2

DH
Old 04-20-2014, 12:07 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Hope everyone had fun.

DH
Interesting vid Howie! What did you actually think about turning all the nannies off?
Old 04-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

DH

That is a classic place to spin as you are learning to drive the car vs. letting the computer do it for you. Keep working at it. The car is actually faster with the nannies off once you learn to work the car and the slip angles.

I commend you DH.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:34 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5
Interesting vid Howie! What did you actually think about turning all the nannies off?
I think going from Comp Mode to All Off allowed me to finally spin out. Not once but twice. Never happened before in either my C5 or this car. The only other time I spun (partial spin) was when I blew my motor.

I will try to get the other one posted today.

DH
Old 04-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Olitho
That is a classic place to spin as you are learning to drive the car vs. letting the computer do it for you. Keep working at it. The car is actually faster with the nannies off once you learn to work the car and the slip angles.

I commend you DH.
Well thanks Oli. Its not really hard to spin the car in Comp Mode too from what I see watching all the other drivers. I did run in Comp Mode for the last two sessions. I'm sure the car is faster with nannies off but obviously I will need to change how I deal with many corners …………

DH
Old 04-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Evolution-ary
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

DH
I'll get the rest of my session together soon I hope, but here at least is your spin DH from behind

Old 04-20-2014, 10:57 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Here is my second spin of the day in Green2

Sorry no data yet. Having trouble since every time I spin and come in for black flags it creates a new data log…………………

DH
Old 04-21-2014, 01:22 AM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry no data yet. Having trouble since every time I spin and come in for black flags it creates a new data log…………………

Green2 Spin - YouTube

DH
Sweet a Jim Rockford type turn

I'd keep my car in Comp Mode until I bought a dedicated track car
Old 04-21-2014, 09:32 AM
Evolution-ary
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Green 1

Here's my Green 1 full session .. I too had all nannies off, as I prefer the feel of the car that way to understand what my inputs (or bad driving) is doing the balance of the car, but probably keeps me from pushing harder than I might when I have the perceived (or not) safety net of Comp mode on.

Anyway, after DH's spin , you might as well go up to about 12:50, where I finally put a fairly decent smooth lap together, got all my shift points where I wanted them, and turned my best lap of the day of 2:05.8 (iPhone GPS not accurate) . Certainly not blistering, but for me 4 sec faster than last time! Critique welcome!

ON PSS's here on their 4th track day ... They got pretty slippery as the day went on! I think next for me is a seat/harness/hans... I was flying all over the place on that bumpy track!

Great time hanging with you all! Congrats to Tim (1:56!) , Kevin, Chris, Nick Ros. for running some fast times!

Old 04-21-2014, 10:18 AM
CBennett730_Z06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No video but I had a great time.

Not sure where I'll find the 5" to catch Kevin in the stock class. I ended up finding consistent low 2.07's by the last session.

Green group wasn't as fun for me since I was stuck back with the slower guys. I was getting dive bombed on every apex. I didn't have a problem seeing them coming but I would stay wide so we wouldn't hit, which would ruin every lap....and of course as soon as we roll out on the straight I'm off the gas so I don't rear end them. I'm wondering if you guys just turn in on them and let the passing car be responsible for not hitting you or are you just fast enough it's not an issue?????

I started running everything off in Chuckwalla but I turned Comp Mode on for the 1st session at Buttonwillow since it was my first time running open passing and I didn't want to really screw up. I hated the way the car felt and I think it did more damage than good. I went back to everything off and I loved the way it felt after that.....although I did spin and go off once when I got a little too aggressive in the middle of the day. Something about the middle of the day that my mind wanders and I lose the line (happened at Chuckwalla too).
Old 04-21-2014, 11:33 AM
Hollywood Extra
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Green2 Spin - YouTube

DH

Nice 360! And what a beautiful yellow car.

My GoPro video/audio is somehow out of sync, so it will take some time for me to get anything posted.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:34 PM
LA STIG
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the dialogue about the computer effect is really interesting. DH was already plenty fast in Comp mode but spins when he goes "jungle style". Most of us seem to dislike Comp mode (after a while) but I can say that tire for tire DH still turned better times than me when he was in Comp mode. So what I'm cogitating on is what was Comp mode doing for him that he can't do for himself....yet? I KNOW he'll be faster once he masters "jungle" mode but, in the meanwhile, this is an interesting issue to consider.

Get notified of new replies

To 2014 Corvette Challenge Event#4 DOWNLOAD !!!

Old 04-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CBennett730_Z06
No video but I had a great time.

Not sure where I'll find the 5" to catch Kevin in the stock class. I ended up finding consistent low 2.07's by the last session.

Green group wasn't as fun for me since I was stuck back with the slower guys. I was getting dive bombed on every apex. I didn't have a problem seeing them coming but I would stay wide so we wouldn't hit, which would ruin every lap....and of course as soon as we roll out on the straight I'm off the gas so I don't rear end them. I'm wondering if you guys just turn in on them and let the passing car be responsible for not hitting you or are you just fast enough it's not an issue?????

I started running everything off in Chuckwalla but I turned Comp Mode on for the 1st session at Buttonwillow since it was my first time running open passing and I didn't want to really screw up. I hated the way the car felt and I think it did more damage than good. I went back to everything off and I loved the way it felt after that.....although I did spin and go off once when I got a little too aggressive in the middle of the day. Something about the middle of the day that my mind wanders and I lose the line (happened at Chuckwalla too).
Talking about spinning is useless without video!!! Get a camera Chris

DH
Old 04-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Hollywood Extra
Nice 360! And what a beautiful yellow car.

My GoPro video/audio is somehow out of sync, so it will take some time for me to get anything posted.
So what was the verdict on the PSS? PM or Email me if you want

DH
Old 04-21-2014, 04:10 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LA STIG
I think the dialogue about the computer effect is really interesting. DH was already plenty fast in Comp mode but spins when he goes "jungle style". Most of us seem to dislike Comp mode (after a while) but I can say that tire for tire DH still turned better times than me when he was in Comp mode. So what I'm cogitating on is what was Comp mode doing for him that he can't do for himself....yet? I KNOW he'll be faster once he masters "jungle" mode but, in the meanwhile, this is an interesting issue to consider.
Maybe I have just mastered Comp Mode with my super smooth driving and no need to turn it off

DH

Quick Reply: 2014 Corvette Challenge Event#4 DOWNLOAD !!!