Southern California Southern California

Brake Pads and Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 03:30 PM
racerboy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Brake Pads and Rotors

I am looking to get a set of Carbotech XP 10 or 12's for my 2013 GS for track days only. I wanted to get some recommendations for rotors to go along with them while trying to keep costs down. I track in southern california and never in the summer months. Can I go with a Centric C-Tek or maybe a Stop Tech High Carbon rotor and still get the effectiveness or are those pads to aggressive for those rotors and if so what would be the consequences? If I need something else do I go with the Stoptech sport rotor or some other?

Thanks
Old 04-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by racerboy
I am looking to get a set of Carbotech XP 10 or 12's for my 2013 GS for track days only. I wanted to get some recommendations for rotors to go along with them while trying to keep costs down. I track in southern california and never in the summer months. Can I go with a Centric C-Tek or maybe a Stop Tech High Carbon rotor and still get the effectiveness or are those pads to aggressive for those rotors and if so what would be the consequences? If I need something else do I go with the Stoptech sport rotor or some other?

Thanks
Give me a call and will get you an order placed for the correct pads. This will depend on the tire you will be using on track thumbs: The Centric rotors are fine the Carbotech pads are not that aggressive on rotors.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28

Quick Reply: Brake Pads and Rotors