Southern California Southern California

Long Beach Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 11:51 AM
tjsears
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have tickets for sat?! I called and they are sold out on Sat.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:21 AM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

We've been to all 39 LBGPs, all three days of most. We always have Marina Parking near the Blue entrance, right across from the Corvette Corral on Friday. On Saturday it's Cadillacs, so the Corvette Corral must move to somewhere else. Now, for the first time, I own a Corvette (2014 crystal red C7 vert). Can I buy tickets at the gate tomorrow morning?

Last edited by F4 Phantom; 04-10-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:55 PM
jetning
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor 2
We've been to all 39 LBGPs, all three days of most. We always have Marina Parking near the Blue entrance, right across from the Corvette Corral on Friday. On Saturday it's Cadillacs, so the Corvette Corral must move to somewhere else. Now, for the first time, I own a Corvette (2014 crystal red C7 vert). Can I buy tickets at the gate tomorrow morning?
Corvettes are Fri and Sat. Cadillacs on Sun. You can't buy the corral tickets at the gate. I heard Sat is sold out. Friday, maybe. Grand Prix office is where I get mine. They're in Long Beach as well, off the 405. Pacific and Spring st. I've been going to the corral the last 5 years, not this year. Good luck in getting the corral ticket.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:34 PM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jetning
Corvettes are Fri and Sat. Cadillacs on Sun. You can't buy the corral tickets at the gate. I heard Sat is sold out. Friday, maybe. Grand Prix office is where I get mine. They're in Long Beach as well, off the 405. Pacific and Spring st. I've been going to the corral the last 5 years, not this year. Good luck in getting the corral ticket.
I called the ticket office. It's shut down. I doubt the ticket booths are selling Corvette Corral tickets tomorrow.

Last edited by F4 Phantom; 04-20-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:57 PM
DezVette
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

It's highly unlikely they will even know what you are talking about if you try and buy it at the gate as it's not something they even had/have listed on the website. I had to call in and talk to a rep to get mine. A few weeks ago they sold out for Saturday and only had limited Friday left. In all likelyhood that is sold out now, as well.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:26 PM
DezVette
Pro

Strategizing...
Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2014, 04:05 PM
leego
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are some pixs of the IMSA GT Winner staging for Qualifying and Friday's Corral Parking.

Last edited by leego; 04-13-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Corvette_Nut
Melting Slicks

Location: Hailing From The Mean Streets Of Irvine, California
Received 4,153 Likes on 1,314 Posts

It's a shame that GM did not bring the new C7 Z06 to be displayed at the Grand Prix. I spoke to one of the floating GM Reps and according to him, they wanted to focus on the new Z28 Camaro that just came out...

Oh well, there's always next year....

Save The Wave,
Corvette_Nut
Old 04-13-2014, 11:17 PM
DezVette
Pro

Corvette corral
Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2014, 11:20 PM
DezVette
Pro

Time out!
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2014, 09:38 AM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Great drives by Corvette Racing #3 and #4! They took 1st and 3rd in IMSA GTLM class. Ultimately they ended up with a BMW Z4 sandwiched in between them, and #4 couldn't get by....he had him "reeled in", but the BMW driver just wasn't making any mistakes.

I was the yellow flagger for the turn 1 main flag station for that race so I had an excellent view of the cars in that very demanding edge of braking/grip turn. The Vettes looked great/consistent lap after lap. Some of the BMW's were taking a lot of the apex curbing getting around, but the Vette's lines were typically just kissing that apex curbing. The Vettes were very consistent through the turn with very little drama. The lone Ferrari 458 was pretty squirly getting back on the power at the same spot.

I'm voting Corvette for best sound in that race (although I may be a bit biased). Deep, powerful, commanding presence...they just sounded bad a$$. I thought the BMW's sounded pretty good too. The Ferarri would have sounded great by itself (those precision shifts and high RPM sound way cool), but in that field, their audio track could have used a sub woofer!

And one last opinion: The C7R is a great looking car. I'm one of those that likes the C7 look, but I have yet to really fall in love with it. The C7 lines with the wider stance really works for me (am looking forward to seeing the 2015 Z06 in person....in torch red of course!).
Old 04-14-2014, 11:49 AM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DigitalWidgets
GI'm voting Corvette for best sound in that race (although I may be a bit biased). Deep, powerful, commanding presence...they just sounded bad a$$. I thought the BMW's sounded pretty good too. The Ferarri would have sounded great by itself (those precision shifts and high RPM sound way cool), but in that field, their audio track could have used a sub woofer!
They sound like our C7s, but, of course, much louder and badder ***.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:49 PM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor 2
They sound like our C7s, but, of course, much louder and badder ***.
In between racing sessions, they had lots of high speed ride alongs in various manufacturer's cars (mostly Toyota's). Bondurant had a C7 out on Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately, they didn't have the performance exhaust opened up full time. I don't have a C7, so I'm not exactly sure how it works on them, but the exhaust note was opening and closing like NPP (in the factory setting) in my Grand Sport (i.e. the valves only open up above 3500 RPM). Somebody should have had the foresight to get into the menus and open them up full time. The Bondurant C7 was following a Viper that was growling the whole time (i.e. on downshifts and all). At lower RPMs, with the exhaust valves closed, the C7 lost a lot of it's "presence" under braking and around the turns. In this setting (i.e. on a race track in front of a crowd), I think the C7 street car would have made a better impression with a little bit more volume.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:36 AM
RegnaR
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 193 Posts

good time!
Old 04-20-2014, 01:46 PM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RegnaR
good time!
Three days of good weather and good racing. I can't wait for next year. We'll be in the Corvette Corral for sure!

Quick Reply: Long Beach Grand Prix