Southern California Southern California

New Car Club In Town! Meet This Saturday 11/9!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 03:02 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Car Club In Town! Meet This Saturday 11/9!

That's right, peeps! Since me and my homegirl Izzie aren't really "joiners," we decided to start our own car club (name TBD), and we're having our first meet this Saturday, November 9th. Our club is a little different, and more casual than the other car clubs I see around town. For starters, it is actually IN town, unlike the many boondock-based car clubs I come across. This one is for the fun-loving city dwellers.

Peep how we get down - No stupid dues. No early bird specials. No mandatory meetings. No rules. No model exclusions. No complicated forms to fill out. Just some cool cats and kitties, like Izzie, and “The Drone,” her ‘73 big block Corvette, my man Tom ‘Smitty’ Smith, and his ‘69 Chevelle, or yours truly, JD Butter, and my ‘69 Corvette L46 Roadster, “The Silver Shark,” getting together occasionally to hang out, have a beer, chop it up about cars, go to car shows and cruises, and cruise around town as a mighty caravan of gross polluters, frightening pets and small children, waking the elderly, and setting off car alarms, while simultaneously generating awe, wonderment, multitudinous waves, innumerable thumbs ups, and just generally dazzling the masses with our undeniable dopeness as we roll through town in a pulchritudinous posse severalteen cars deep like some sort of automotive Jesse James Gang on crack! Why go it alone, when you can kick it with a marauding band of pimptastic high horsepower whips?!? Remember the cool upperclassmen that you would see out in the parking lot smoking cigs by their hot rods, and the school administrators couldn't do a damn thing about it? We're them.

We're having our first ever meeting this Saturday. We'll be meeting for lunch in Studio City at noon on Saturday (location TBA), and after lunch, we'll be cruising posse style over to Bob's Big Boy in Burbank, where there is a sweet charity car show happening to go along with Bob's regular trophy night event! This is gonna be a sweet way to spend a Saturday afternoon, and we'd love to have YOU come along, so get with us and be a part of the fun!

All Corvettes, hot rods, classics and muscle cars, and their owners, are welcome in our club (modern cars by approval of our tribunal), so don’t get with one of those old school car clubs with all those dues, all the mandatory meetings, and the BBQs at Larry and Trish’s that they make you go to. Get with the car club equivalent of James Dean circa 1953, the car club that's your car club’s favorite car club, and the ONLY car club recommended by 4 out of 5 dentists!

For info on how to link up with us on Saturday, or to join the coolest new car club in the city, holla at your man JD Butter right here on the Corvette Forum!!

Last edited by JD Butter; 11-05-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Mattie Num Nums
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck on your venture guys.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:16 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mattie Num Nums
Good luck on your venture guys.
You should join in Mattie! You're right in my area!!
Old 11-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Mattie Num Nums
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JD Butter
You should join in Mattie! You're right in my area!!
I kinda do my own thing right now. My club had like 35 people at its peek about 5 years ago but I am just settling down with a few people to go to the track with.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:58 PM
theonlyizzie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gonna be epic!

See you guys on Sat!
Old 11-05-2013, 06:14 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Good luck to you guys, but just a little info. A Corvette" car "CLUB" is usually incorporated with the State of California as a non-profit organization. This "CLUB" is also registered with GM, because you're probably going to use some part of their logo/emblem/name. If not, you could be up for legal action from GM.

So, if you're not going that route then you're probably going to be another "GET TOGETHER" in the L.A. area. There is already the "Valley GTG", (it's been around a long time (before 2005?)with some of the greatest guys/gals you'd ever want to meet) please see their thread in the So Cal Section, the O.C. has "The Block of Orange" (since 2005)and San Diego has "Corvettes and Cobras!"

Just a heads up, you guys will be holding your first GTG on the same day as the Valley GTG.

Again, I hope that your GTG/Club becomes a big hit...'cause there's always room for one more!

Sparky
Fearless Leader
The Block of Orange

Last edited by ufso; 11-05-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:27 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

Originally Posted by ufso
Good luck to you guys, but just a little info. A Corvette" car "CLUB" is usually incorporated with the State of California as a non-profit organization. This "CLUB" is also registered with GM, because you're probably going to use some part of their logo/emblem/name. if not, you could be up for legal action from GM.

So, if you're not going that route then you're probably going to be another "GET TOGETHER" in the L.A. area. There is already the "Valley GTG", (it's been around a long time with some of the greatest guys/gals you'd ever want to meet) please see their thread in the So Cal Section, the O.C. has "The Block of Orange" and San Diego has "Corvettes and Cobras!"

Just a heads up, you guys will be holding your first GTG on the same day as the Valley GTG.

Again, I hope that your GTG/Club becomes a big hit...'cause there's always room for one more!

Sparky
Fearless Leader
The Block of Orange
Thanks, Sparky. Like I said above, though, we're rolling more casual than all that. We're more of a crew than a club. Most of the people on this initial run will be actual friends of mine, who happen to have cool classic cars, so not trying to be another Valley GTG or anything of that sort. I am familiar with the Valley GTG, and will likely attend at some point. But I also like to keep my low mileage, original C3 more local, and am also not just interested in having Corvettes, but interesting cars of all makes and models. It's more about hanging with cool peeps and making our own rules than having the most cars. But, we do have several Corvettes in or mix, so maybe we'll posse over to the next one, if we can get up that early.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:30 PM
ULEWZ
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Probably no issues with the Valley GTG and your new club meeting on the same day. Two similar locations, but different GTG styles. Have fun and great luck.
We put the G-force in GTG!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:01 PM
elizavette
Pro

i don't like clubs. music too loud and i do not dance.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:14 AM
Otherslost
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

See you on Sat.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds cool.

It would be cooler if you guys had jackets. With a logo on the back. Preferably of a small animal doing something illicit.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:51 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

Originally Posted by Otherslost
See you on Sat.
Looking forward to hanging, David! We'll be meeting pretty much at Laurel and Ventura at my friend Izzie's place at noon on Saturday! I'll text you the address.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:30 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

Originally Posted by Adam_W
Sounds cool.

It would be cooler if you guys had jackets. With a logo on the back. Preferably of a small animal doing something illicit.
Oh, trust me, Adam, once we have a name for our crew, we'll get all that going on fa sho! And believe you me, our name will dastardly and delicious! Satan-esque even!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:43 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

Originally Posted by elizavette
i don't like clubs. music too loud and i do not dance.

Lizz, this ain't a club. It's a gang. A crew. Like in the mafia.

But I bet you do dance.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:00 PM
elizavette
Pro

Originally Posted by JD Butter
But I bet you do dance.
nah that wasn't a joke, i do not dance
Old 11-06-2013, 10:48 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I would prefer to think of your idea as an "unclub". They usually work pretty well. Maybe a run twice a year and a meetup once a month or??? it doesn't matter- its not a club club.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:45 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

Originally Posted by mike100
I would prefer to think of your idea as an "unclub". They usually work pretty well. Maybe a run twice a year and a meetup once a month or??? it doesn't matter- its not a club club.
Something like that. I'm not too concerned with it being all "official" and junk. I just want to get my own crew of fun, happening, like-minded cats together, with demographics that are more like me. I think we'll be fine.

Get notified of new replies

To New Car Club In Town! Meet This Saturday 11/9!

Old 11-11-2013, 03:48 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

For a start up, non club, The Crazy 8s Car & Social Club had a pretty sweet run this Saturday! A few pics. . .
Attached Images    
Old 11-11-2013, 03:50 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

The Crazy 8s in full mothereffin' effect!
Attached Images    
Old 08-18-2014, 08:12 PM
s19hoop
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New club

So did you get the club off the ground? I just joined the Forum and I live close to Bob's Big Boy, Studio City etc.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: New Car Club In Town! Meet This Saturday 11/9!