Southern California Southern California

San Diego question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 12:15 PM
ShottsCruisers
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default San Diego question?

Morning! We're thinking of taking our C6 GS on vacation next week. We know your city well and are wondering if the Vette can actually tackle those bad city street dips and intersections without mangling my front bumper. Around downtown and over by Shelter Island (where we stay) have us wondering if we should drive something else. Whatcha think?
Old 06-24-2013, 02:52 PM
RoHo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awww, come on man!!!! My Z is lowered and if you watch where your going I have never had a problem driving around SD.

Come on over and get out of that heat and enjoy yourslef, If you here on the first Sat of the month, you can make the MVCC run into the mountains with some other Corvettes and Cobras.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:19 PM
sellshort
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No Problem with the roads here. I don't even scrape the splitter much...lol. Right?
Old 06-24-2013, 05:45 PM
skyavonee
Melting Slicks

Received 115 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by RoHo
Awww, come on man!!!! My Z is lowered and if you watch where your going I have never had a problem driving around SD.
As long as you stay sharp, you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Cubusinc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShottsCruisers
Morning! We're thinking of taking our C6 GS on vacation next week. We know your city well and are wondering if the Vette can actually tackle those bad city street dips and intersections without mangling my front bumper. Around downtown and over by Shelter Island (where we stay) have us wondering if we should drive something else. Whatcha think?
Dunno bout what my neighbors have said... I think Tijuana has better roads then I do in my neighborhood. The potholes and divets are everywhere.. Worst road maintenence in the 30 years I have been in Clairemont. No problem driving if you pay attention.. The streets Downtown and Shelter Island are not bad at all. The dips are no worse than any other city.. Unless you tackle them @ 30 mph
Bring the Vette and enjoy yourself
Old 06-25-2013, 12:56 PM
ShottsCruisers
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK...we're bringin' it. Thanks guys! If you see an orange GS with AZ plates it's me. [:>)

Get notified of new replies

To San Diego question?

Quick Reply: San Diego question?