Southern California Southern California

Let's Cruise To Beach N Vettes

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 03:19 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Let's Cruise To Beach N Vettes

Yo, my fellow Corvette owners! So I plan on attending Beach N Vettes down at Ruby's Diner on June 8th, and I've decided that I want to try to organize an informal cruise from the L.A. area down to Redondo for that, even if it's just me in a sad, but determined one car cruise with my stuffed animal Leon as my co-pilot!!!

But there HAVE to be some among my Corvette brethren who are rolling to this event from the city or parts north who would like to meet up, and roll in a mighty caravan of angry Corvettes and classic Chevys, frightening children, scaring pets and setting off car alarms whilst simultaneously generating awe, wonderment, multitudinous waves and severalteen thumbs ups! Why go it alone, when you can dip with a marauding band of pulchritudinous, high horsepower whips?!?

So, if you would be interested in getting down like that, hit me up/reply here, and if enough peeps are interested (I feel like you need at least like 5 cars to be considered a real cruise), we can figure out a meeting spot and do the damn thing! Sound off, peeps!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 PM
C6Ray
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been going down to Rubys at Redondo Beach for 3 years now.
Cars start showing up around 3 to 4 o'clock I leave the valley between 2 and 230
they have a great 50/50 there sometimes it goes up to $500
the ride home is bad news I leave there around seven get home around nine
lots of traffic on a Friday night
Old 04-30-2013, 02:45 AM
JD Butter
Instructor

Originally Posted by C6Ray
I've been going down to Rubys at Redondo Beach for 3 years now.
Cars start showing up around 3 to 4 o'clock I leave the valley between 2 and 230
they have a great 50/50 there sometimes it goes up to $500
the ride home is bad news I leave there around seven get home around nine
lots of traffic on a Friday night
Hey, C6Ray, the event I'm referring to, and that I'm trying to organize an informal cruise to, is an annual show put on by The Vette Set called Beach N Vettes on Saturday, June 8th. Registration is $25, and check in is from 8:00-10:00am, so I would be trying to plan a meet up time in the city around 8:00a. I was thinking maybe it would be cool to meet at the Unocal 76 on Barrington and Pico, so cruisers could get a fill up of their 100 octane race gas, and then we could cruise straight down Sepulveda to Lincoln to PCH to Rubys. The show is Corvettes from every era and classic Chevys. Hopefully, I can get at least a few of the Corvette peeps from here on the forum out to cruise down with us. I'll likely also have a couple of buddies with 69 Z28s with me, and I'll probably try and get a couple of guys with C2s that I know from Bob's.

With regards to Friday cruise-ins, I work in Hollywood, so Bob's in Burbank is much more convenient on a Friday afternoon, though parking can be a pain. But I'm sure I'll eventually hit many of the other cruise-in type stuff in the L.A. area.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:56 AM
MrJlr
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I might join you! What is the parking situation ?
Best time to get there etc ???

I have a site for us Southern California locals to plan cruises.....

Here is the link

Last edited by MrJlr; 04-30-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 AM
C6Ray
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I go to that one once a year with Simi Valley Corvette.
We leave the valley around 7 a.m. very nice car show and lots of trophies.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:47 AM
MrJlr
Race Director

Found this....

Also, you might want to register ahead of time...

http://www.thevetteset.com/car-show-...o-fillable.pdf

Old 04-30-2013, 11:13 AM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

Oxana and I may also join!!! p
Old 04-30-2013, 11:21 AM
MrJlr
Race Director

Originally Posted by pauldana
Oxana and I may also join!!! p
You should!

I love ANYTHING at the ocean.....I've 'a wee bit 'o the 'captin in me! Arrrg !

Old 04-30-2013, 02:23 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

Originally Posted by MrJlr
I might join you! What is the parking situation ?
Best time to get there etc ???

I have a site for us Southern California locals to plan cruises.....

Here is the link

Hey, MrJlr and Pauldana, it would be awesome to meet up with a couple of Corvette veterans and forum senior members such as yourselves to cruise down to Beach N Vettes, especially since to my recollection, you guys are both fellow C3 owners. Where would you guys be coming from? I was planning to do what I refer to as a "city cruise." I find city cruising to be more fun, because I think 10 classic cars cruising down Wilshire or PCH or Sunset has more impact, and gets more reaction than the same 10 cars cruising at 70mph down the 405. That's just my thought. In any case, I would love to link up with you cats for BnV, so let's make something happen!!

C6Ray, it seems like you'll be coming down with Simi Valley Corvettes, but if not, we'd love to have you as well. I don't know if SVC makes any city stops on the way, but maybe there's a way to team up with you guys. And, regardless, we'll all meet up at the event if nothing else!

Sound off, folks, and let's have some fun! And I will both register early, and check out the SoCalStingrays forum. Wuhrd.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:38 PM
MrJlr
Race Director

My GF tells me "that's my daughter's birthday"....I'm like "so ?"
I should still be able to weasel out and come to the event....the kid is 20 for God's sake! We'll celebrate it on Friday instead!

I'm still considering myself "IN"

Last edited by MrJlr; 04-30-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:27 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by JD Butter
Hey, MrJlr and Pauldana, it would be awesome to meet up with a couple of Corvette veterans and forum senior members such as yourselves to cruise down to Beach N Vettes, especially since to my recollection, you guys are both fellow C3 owners. Where would you guys be coming from? I was planning to do what I refer to as a "city cruise." I find city cruising to be more fun, because I think 10 classic cars cruising down Wilshire or PCH or Sunset has more impact, and gets more reaction than the same 10 cars cruising at 70mph down the 405. That's just my thought. In any case, I would love to link up with you cats for BnV, so let's make something happen!!

C6Ray, it seems like you'll be coming down with Simi Valley Corvettes, but if not, we'd love to have you as well. I don't know if SVC makes any city stops on the way, but maybe there's a way to team up with you guys. And, regardless, we'll all meet up at the event if nothing else!

Sound off, folks, and let's have some fun! And I will both register early, and check out the SoCalStingrays forum. Wuhrd.

Cool.... As for now.... Oxana and I are in....coming from Lancaster
Old 04-30-2013, 04:10 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

My GF tells me "that's my daughter's birthday"....I'm like "so ?"
I should still be able to weasel out and come to the event....the kid is 20 for God's sake! We'll celebrate it on Friday instead!

I'm still considering myself "IN"

Hahahahaha!! I support your truancy from your kid's birthday!! Or celebrate Saturday NIGHT, after Beach N Vettes.

So, Jeff and Paul, where are you guys based? would you be able to cruise with us from the city? We need to pull a train of sweet rumbling Corvettes right through the city for all to see and pay homage to!

Let me know.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:16 PM
MrJlr
Race Director

Hahahahaha!! I support your truancy from your kid's birthday!! Or celebrate Saturday NIGHT, after Beach N Vettes.

So, Jeff and Paul, where are you guys based? would you be able to cruise with us from the city? We need to pull a train of sweet rumbling Corvettes right through the city for all to see and pay homage to!

Let me know.
I'm in Chino...
Meet where ?
Old 04-30-2013, 04:26 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

Hey, guys, so I just checked out where you guys are coming from, Paul from the north, Jeff from the east. Do you think you guys would be into the cruise model I outlined above. Meet for race gas, city cruise from there? Let me know what you guys think would work, as you guys are cruise veterans!
Old 04-30-2013, 04:29 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

As far as I'm concerned, we could meet anywhere between the 110 and PCH, and the 1o1 and the 105. I suggested meeting at that Unocal 76 just because they have good gas there, but I'm down to meet anywhere, I just want to do some cruising!
Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM
MrJlr
Race Director

As far as I'm concerned, we could meet anywhere between the 110 and PCH, and the 1o1 and the 105. I suggested meeting at that Unocal 76 just because they have good gas there, but I'm down to meet anywhere, I just want to do some cruising!
The 76 station works for me!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:42 PM
JD Butter
Instructor

Hey Jeff and Paul, make sure to get the word out about this mini-cruise I'm trying to organize! I'm gassed about the possibility to do a cruise with two legends of SoCal Corvette cruising such as yourselves! I think BnV is gonna be a stone gas, and a little pre-show cruise will make it all the better. I'm ready to flip some wigs and start a riot of waves, honks, thumbs ups, standing ovations, double takes, drooling stares, camera phone photos, and maybe even a spit take with a Danny Thomas Follow Through, as well as a strong dose of "oohs" and "aahs," with a pimptastic cavalcade of cruisin' classic Corvettes!!

I like the idea of meeting at the Unocal 76. I guess we can finalize that once we know if others get into it, and where everyone is coming from.

Get notified of new replies

To Let's Cruise To Beach N Vettes

Old 04-30-2013, 10:17 PM
MrJlr
Race Director

Looks like I talked her into it....may not stay all day, but I'll be there!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:34 PM
WA2QK4U
Instructor

I'm in Chino...
Meet where ?
Hey and howdy I'm in Eastvale, can I tag along???
Old 04-30-2013, 11:51 PM
duhveed
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in the OC so depending on where people meet I may join the caravan

Quick Reply: Let's Cruise To Beach N Vettes