Alignment for my 2005?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:42 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Default Alignment for my 2005?

Hey guys,

I noticed my new left front tire is starting to wear in the inside in a wavy condition. I had mine done a year ago and maybe it's not holding. I called Bear Alignment and they said they have to drive my car to test it out...alone, on the freeway! Also, it could be a shock leaking.

The other place I went to didn't drive it, is that the norm?

I know Bear has been around a long time, but is it worth it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sparky
Old 07-16-2012, 02:52 PM
TRBOKEV
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bear has to drive your car alone? That sounds mighty shady to me...

A leaky shock would not make your tire wear poorly, shocks are only for dampening...
Old 07-16-2012, 03:19 PM
degaux
Drifting

Seems they all want to drive it....

Replaced the front tires at Van Chevy down here in Scottsdale, Sparky.. the alignment they did made the car drive better than when I bought it

Hope you find someone good over there

ps - they gave the same price on the tires as Discount...
Old 07-16-2012, 03:26 PM
TRBOKEV
Racer

I'm going to give West End Alignment a try on my vette (Corner balance and alignment). They use to do my track alignments on my S2000 and they service all cars.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/west-end-alignment-gardena
Old 07-16-2012, 06:36 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Thanks guys...I've got an appointment with J.C. Alignment in Huntington Beach on Friday. I hear there are one of the best in So Cal!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:44 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by degaux
Seems they all want to drive it....

Replaced the front tires at Van Chevy down here in Scottsdale, Sparky.. the alignment they did made the car drive better than when I bought it

Hope you find someone good over there

ps - they gave the same price on the tires as Discount...
Isn't that as weird as crap? And then he started that shock crap too! Luckily, I found another place. The original one I went to, didin't have a 2x6 to lay across the ramp to the concrete so my front air dam woundn't scrape.

How do these guys stay in business? Oh, by the way, the guy from Bear stated that some people wanted their cars to run great and didn't care if they got screwed up when being worked on...are you FSMe!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:22 PM
degaux
Drifting

Originally Posted by ufso
Isn't that as weird as crap? And then he started that shock crap too! Luckily, I found another place. The original one I went to, didin't have a 2x6 to lay across the ramp to the concrete so my front air dam woundn't scrape.

How do these guys stay in business? Oh, by the way, the guy from Bear stated that some people wanted their cars to run great and didn't care if they got screwed up when being worked on...are you FSMe!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:41 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ufso
Thanks guys...I've got an appointment with J.C. Alignment in Huntington Beach on Friday. I hear there are one of the best in So Cal!

When I first took my car in for an alignment at a place in Lake Elsinor, they didn't have any 2x6s to get up on the ramp, but it made it up the ramp with no damage. Backing it off only bent forward the front air dam, which I'm glad it didn't tear it off. When I called for another alignment because the inside of all the tires were wearing wavy, they still didn't have any 2x6s, so I went with J.C. Alignment in Huntington Beach.

It seems those guys in lake Elsinor aligned my car as a Z06, which was causing the inside wearing. The rears were all screwed up too.

He has a new Hunter and now the car is aligned perfect...but, that's not the problem.

He drove it up onto the ramp and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, meaning it looked like it cleared the ramp.

While he was driving it off, I was on the driver's side and he cleared the ramp by about an 1/8 of an inch and scraped and bent the air dam forward. I figured everything was okay, meaning the car didn't touch the ramp and the air dam was okay.

I just went outside and the air dam screws were almost pulled out...and here's the "OTHER" damage..."BOTH" side rails are gouge scraped on both sides from wheel well to wheel well!

It scraped when it went up and scraped when it came down.

You can't see it, but I know it's there and that's the crappy part. You know how I take care of my garage queen and now. If it was slammed I would accept the damaged rails from speed bumps, etc., but it's not.

I am going to call him on Monday and tell him my car was damaged. You can't rub it out, too deep, so what should I do??? Maybe that old saying, "Out of sight, out mind" applies here?

Last edited by ufso; 07-20-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Alignment for my 2005?

Quick Reply: Alignment for my 2005?