Southern California Southern California

Wsir track day: May 5 !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 03:42 PM
frank dupuy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=BLW BY;1580741010]Frank, you might want to consult your tire dealer; on the side of your tire it said "FOR COMPETITION USE ONLY" right next to the treadwear rating of 100.

For "your" information BLW they were my street tires. The front tires were two 5 year old cycled out Nitto NT-01 tires with just enough rubber to pass track tech. The rear tires were two Toyo R888 scrubs I purchased for $100 also cycled out. I wasn't about to use up my good race tires on a practice track day. Happy now? How about you showing up at the Corvette Challenge next month with your C6-Z06 and I will be running my race tires and we will see what happens.

Last edited by frank dupuy; 05-06-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by BLW BY
Frank, you might want to consult your tire dealer; on the side of your tire it said "FOR COMPETITION USE ONLY" right next to the treadwear rating of 100.

Had a great time out there, ran all 5 sessions. That was a first, all on one tank of gas. Usually have to fill up after 3.

Howie you might want to turn your video off if you come up on me, cause the longer I keep you back there, the more video I get.
I didn't see any video of you, just in my memory, which isn't very good lately.

R
Steve

One of my pet peeves is that all drivers should have video. Everyone seems to like to see their cars on the track but don't seem as interested in posting video they take of other cars

DH
Old 05-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

[QUOTE=frank dupuy;1580742453]
Frank, you might want to consult your tire dealer; on the side of your tire it said "FOR COMPETITION USE ONLY" right next to the treadwear rating of 100.

For "your" information BLW they were my street tires. The front tires were two 5 year old cycled out Nitto NT-01 tires with just enough rubber to pass track tech. The rear tires were two Toyo R888 scrubs I purchased for $100 also cycled out. I wasn't about to use up my good race tires on a practice track day. Happy now? How about you showing up at the Corvette Challenge next month with your C6-Z06 and I will be running my race tires and we will see what happens.
Steve

Looks like you have no choice but to show now for Corvette Challenge at WSIR on June 2.

............ You have just been called out by a cantankerous senile old fart that can eat his weight in donuts

DH
Old 05-06-2012, 08:58 PM
sallen619
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I survived my first track day. Rick and I had a very good time. We both plan on making a future Corvette Challenge event.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:06 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,498 Likes on 2,592 Posts

I had a great time, DH. I enjoyed meeting so many forum members from SoCal. WSIR is a challenging track, definitely not learned in a day, but I have a good inventory of thinks to work on when I get back there. The Staff at the track were also great and it was a neat day. I made it home before 11:30PM Sat.

Dave
Old 05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by sallen619
I survived my first track day. Rick and I had a very good time. We both plan on making a future Corvette Challenge event.
Steve

Great first day for you. Hope to see you back at WSIR in June. I started the Corvette Challenge thread for it a few minutes ago. Please check in

DH
Old 05-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by AzDave47
I had a great time, DH. I enjoyed meeting so many forum members from SoCal. WSIR is a challenging track, definitely not learned in a day, but I have a good inventory of thinks to work on when I get back there. The Staff at the track were also great and it was a neat day. I made it home before 11:30PM Sat.

Dave
Dave

It was really cool for you to come out. The Corvette Challenge will be back at WSIR twice this year. Hope you make one of them

DH
Old 05-06-2012, 09:56 PM
BLW BY
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

[QUOTE=frank dupuy;1580742453]

FRANK it's all about your showing the proper VENERATION to the C6Z.
In case you have forgotten, you've already called me out last September. I show up with OEM runflats and your excuse is that you bought your tires off a bum.LOL

Come on, who cares how much you paid, the intended use for that tire is for the track. If you use a track tire on the street, that's your choice. But it doesn't make it a street tire.

As for showing up to the Corvette Challenge next month,

BRING MONEY

Large denominations only, and we can settle the issue.

That's the way you call someone out!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Frank, Steve and other juiced up drivers the next Corvette Challenge thread is available for sign up and smack talk

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...-june-2nd.html

DH
Old 05-07-2012, 12:42 AM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Hey guys, had a great time yesterday. It was tons of fun and really nice meeting all you guys. It was nice to see the comradery between corvette owners helping each other out with their cars. Unfortunately I got a few issues with the car that popped up yesterday that I need to look into that can be serious. Next months Corvette Challenge isnt looking good for me right now.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:49 AM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C5Natie
Hey guys, had a great time yesterday. It was tons of fun and really nice meeting all you guys. It was nice to see the comradery between corvette owners helping each other out with their cars. Unfortunately I got a few issues with the car that popped up yesterday that I need to look into that can be serious. Next months Corvette Challenge isnt looking good for me right now.
Good luck on getting the issues fixed.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:49 AM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

DH, I have some stock GM shocks with 15k miles on them if you want them.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:02 AM
frank dupuy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=BLW BY;1580745041]
Originally Posted by frank dupuy

FRANK it's all about your showing the proper VENERATION to the C6Z.
In case you have forgotten, you've already called me out last September. I show up with OEM runflats and your excuse is that you bought your tires off a bum.LOL

Come on, who cares how much you paid, the intended use for that tire is for the track. If you use a track tire on the street, that's your choice. But it doesn't make it a street tire.

As for showing up to the Corvette Challenge next month,

BRING MONEY

Large denominations only, and we can settle the issue.

That's the way you call someone out!
Steve I am not sure what issue you are talking about and I doubt you do either. I will be at the Corvette Challenge on June 2 but I doubt you will show. The last Challenge you attended was like two years ago. Also if I remember correct you tried to sneak into the stock class with your modified C6-Z06 and were found out and disqualified. I do hope you show up for the upcoming Challenge with your MODIFIED C6-Z06. I will be there with my MODIFIED C5-Z06. As to your veneration statement I only apply that to a person of high moral character and not to a C6-Z06.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C5Natie
I was good see you out there too Nate. Whats with the car. I don't remember you having any issues ???

DH
Old 05-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by AzDave47
DH, I have some stock GM shocks with 15k miles on them if you want them.
Might take you up on that Dave.
What are you running on your car ??

DH
Old 05-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Glad I spent all that time uploading 3 sessions of video and no one has any comments ?????????????

Did anyone even watch them

DH
Old 05-07-2012, 10:17 AM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
Might take you up on that Dave.
What are you running on your car ??

DH
I'm running the Bilstein Sport generic C6 shocks (first thing I got after the car). I bought the car in VA and drove it to my (then) home in NH. On the bumpy interstates around NYC at posted speeds I got the generic "twitchy" back end, so got the shocks. I didn't find out about the DRM specially valved C6 Z06 shocks until later.

The stock shocks are just sitting in the garage.

Get notified of new replies

To Wsir track day: May 5 !!!

Old 05-07-2012, 10:21 AM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Glad I spent all that time uploading 3 sessions of video and no one has any comments ?????????????

Did anyone even watch them

DH
I watched parts of them, but will watch them on the big screen later this week. The GoPro does do very good video. From the brief time you were behind me, it was clear that you were picking up on me primarily under braking (too much for me) and in the initial part of the corners. I also need to do a later more sustained apex in 1. I'll watch the training video again as I though I was doing what he said, but I couldn't get the power down as early as "my" apex was at the start of the reflectors and you were 20-30' later and it affects how the car goes over the "ridge" on exit.

I noticed in the 3rd session you were only 0.6 sec. up on me.

Are the times posed on the Extreme Speed web site?

Thanks
Old 05-07-2012, 11:12 AM
doveboat
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Session 1 RED.

I find the cone ...............

DH
So was the cone the one that came off the white Mustang at the 16 min mark or so ?
Old 05-07-2012, 03:17 PM
heypal
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was great meeting you all and thanks for all the help means a lot to me. Karn thats for letting me drive the beast lol. Depending when the corvettes running I might join you out there again. DH thanks for getting everything set up for a great event. I had a great time.

Quick Reply: Wsir track day: May 5 !!!