Southern California Southern California

Chuck Cow To Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 08:32 PM
CMEGONE
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Chuck Cow To Southern California

I started this thread in the C6 general discussion and it was suggested to post here...so here it goes...

I have been reading nothing but good things about Chuck Cow's tunes and the cow booster. I just got off the phone with him and asked if he would be interested in doing a southern California tour and get us Californians straightened out. He said he would but wants enough commitments to make it worth while. I personally would rather have him tune my car first hand and dial it in rather than sending my PCM. So how many guys out there are interested in making this happen?
Old 03-16-2012, 11:49 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Since I've never had Chuck tune my car, I have no first hand information on his ability, therefore I will not comment on it.

What I do have is a strong recomendation for you to go see Ryne at CMS for the following reasons:

1) He may not be around the corner, but is still not much more than an hour from you, 82 miles. That sure beats 3000 miles when somthing needs to be tweaked or checked out.

2) After 13 years of modding, he's the only tuner that's earned my long term trust to tune both my cars.

3) I've personally seen, first hand, dozens of cars perform very with his tunes.

4) Ryne's tune consists of a street and dyno tune.

5) If not Ryne at least support one of our local tuners, and help out the California economy.

Good luck either way.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Blue Blood
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 59 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13, '15,'21

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5

5) If not Ryne at least support one of our local tuners, and help out the California economy.

Good luck either way.
and there's a lot to be said for local access and someone who's demonstrated that they're here to support the enthusiast market in So Cal.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:16 AM
DIXZ
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We have a number of tuners in Southern California that do a great job!
Old 03-17-2012, 01:23 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by altoun40
I started this thread in the C6 general discussion and it was suggested to post here...so here it goes...

I have been reading nothing but good things about Chuck Cow's tunes and the cow booster. I just got off the phone with him and asked if he would be interested in doing a southern California tour and get us Californians straightened out. He said he would but wants enough commitments to make it worth while. I personally would rather have him tune my car first hand and dial it in rather than sending my PCM. So how many guys out there are interested in making this happen?
i have tuned alot of cars from your area including this car http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...ck-c5-z06.html
we have more then enough then enough experience to take care of your needs, in addition you'll get everything your looking for in driveabilty plus a dyno sheet showing you baseline power number and new power you left with... email us if you have any questions
Old 03-17-2012, 03:05 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

My C5Z tuned by Ryne at CMS a couple years ago and runs flawlessly and performs spectacularly. Passed smog with flying colors too...the smog guys were amazed at how clean the car was on the sniffer.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:39 PM
ZEE-OH-6
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck WHO.......................
Old 03-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I was thinking of doing a Chuck Cow myself. However, I contacted CMS a couple of months ago and I asked a bunch of questions and mentioned Cow. After my conversation with CMS, I will definately use them for my tune once my schedule can match up with their availability.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:22 PM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Why would you want to use an out of state tuner?
What happens when you make a change/upgrade and need to change tune parameters?
What if you have an issue (small or large) with the out of state tuners tune? Is he gonna fly back to CA to fix the issue?
How do you measure results etc with out a dyno?
Not the best decision if you have a shop close enough to drive to IMO.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

What does he mean "get Californians straightened out??"
Old 03-18-2012, 08:38 PM
CMEGONE
Drifting

Originally Posted by DSOMC6
Why would you want to use an out of state tuner?
What happens when you make a change/upgrade and need to change tune parameters?
What if you have an issue (small or large) with the out of state tuners tune? Is he gonna fly back to CA to fix the issue?
How do you measure results etc with out a dyno?
Not the best decision if you have a shop close enough to drive to IMO.
The main thing I was interested in is the Cow Booster. Been reading nothing but good things about it from forum members. Chuck said he would save my original tune just in case for future needs. Also, there is the autotune hand held if tune needs to be altered in the future. He has a shop in the Riverside area that he has used in the past for dyno. I am not saying I am opposed to local guys. Just thought the Cow booster was a big advantage that local tuners don't seem to offer.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:39 PM
CMEGONE
Drifting

Originally Posted by Varmit
What does he mean "get Californians straightened out??"
Only a "Sandy Eggo" Charger fan would make a comment like that! LMAO!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:44 PM
CMEGONE
Drifting

Originally Posted by Wildmanht
I was thinking of doing a Chuck Cow myself. However, I contacted CMS a couple of months ago and I asked a bunch of questions and mentioned Cow. After my conversation with CMS, I will definately use them for my tune once my schedule can match up with their availability.
I will give CMS a call tomorrow and talk to them. Seems like CMS, RPM and Haddad are the 3 top tuners recommended in SoCal.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Only a "Sandy Eggo" Charger fan would make a comment like that! LMAO!
i suppose you may have a point
Old 03-18-2012, 11:34 PM
ZEE-OH-6
Burning Brakes

found this = http://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagno...-ls1-tech.html
Old 03-19-2012, 12:19 AM
CMEGONE
Drifting

Originally Posted by ZEE-OH-6
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:06 AM
1 BLOWN V8
Burning Brakes

I would say, stay with a local tuner like Rune at CMS and not use anyone out of state.

I ran into this many years ago using someone out of state and had problems with my tune and was stuck because he was not local and was out of state.

Ryne spec'ed out a cam and hit it right on the button on what I wanted and tuned it a few years back and I have had 0 problems since.

Just my .02 cents.

Get notified of new replies

To Chuck Cow To Southern California

Old 03-19-2012, 12:37 PM
CMEGONE
Drifting

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
i have tuned alot of cars from your area including this car http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...ck-c5-z06.html
we have more then enough then enough experience to take care of your needs, in addition you'll get everything your looking for in driveabilty plus a dyno sheet showing you baseline power number and new power you left with... email us if you have any questions
Sent you an email...
Old 03-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

OP, you live close to Chuckwalla Valley Raceway.

Come out and join us on Saturday for the 2011 CORVETTE CHALLENGE

Here is the link:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...arch-24-a.html

DH
Old 03-19-2012, 04:13 PM
sallen619
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I have CoW booster and a tune from CMS.

CMS did my Head/Cam/FAST 102 install and tuned my car. CMS did a very good job and I'm very please with the work done.

As far as the CoW Booster goes, It would take a lot of Booster only installs to get him to come to So Cal. I went to SEMA and had him install my booster there.

Quick Reply: Chuck Cow To Southern California