Southern California Southern California

How long does it take to receive title?

Old 01-27-2012, 07:23 PM
chsia
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Default How long does it take to receive title?

I am getting a new vette soon. I wonder how long does it take for DMV to send me the title after registering the car? I plan to ship the car to a foreign country and need the title to do so. Thanks!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:19 PM
boblav
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10

It all depends how your selling dealer does their DMV work, the bank they work with, how you pay for the car etc...If you need the title quickly, make sure you discuss that with them, and request they "walk" it thru the system. You might even want to offer a few extra bucks for this service.

In the past year, I have purchased six different vehicles, paid cash, and it took from two weeks to 2 months for the "pink slip" to arrive. Five were purchased used thru private parties, and they took about two to three weeks. This is pretty fast because I had the pink slip signed over from the seller. The new vehicle was purchased from a stealer, I meant dealer, and it took about two months.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:36 PM
chsia
Instructor

Originally Posted by boblav
It all depends how your selling dealer does their DMV work, the bank they work with, how you pay for the car etc...If you need the title quickly, make sure you discuss that with them, and request they "walk" it thru the system. You might even want to offer a few extra bucks for this service.

In the past year, I have purchased six different vehicles, paid cash, and it took from two weeks to 2 months for the "pink slip" to arrive. Five were purchased used thru private parties, and they took about two to three weeks. This is pretty fast because I had the pink slip signed over from the seller. The new vehicle was purchased from a stealer, I meant dealer, and it took about two months.
I bought the car out-of-state and have it courtesy delivered to Chevrolet of Irvine which can handle registration in-house. I also found out there is something called DMV Rush Title service, for extra fee, you can get the title from DMV in 8-10 business days. Has anybody used the Rush Title service?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:41 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

just did one through aaa and it took two weeks for the pink
Old 01-27-2012, 08:44 PM
chsia
Instructor

Originally Posted by bearphoto
just did one through aaa and it took two weeks for the pink
You used the Rush Title service???
Old 01-27-2012, 10:11 PM
SeeSixer
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a used '08 from a local dealer that was a trade-in from another state in November. Took almost 8 weeks to get the pink slip, and another 2 weeks after that to get the CA plates in the mail.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:38 AM
chsia
Instructor

Default Update

I took delivery of the GS CE on Jan. 28 at Irvine Chevy, got the plate 4 days later, and got the title on Feb. 6, 6 business days later! I thought because all the budget cuts it would take forever to get the pink slip. DMV must have put its act together!

Get notified of new replies

To How long does it take to receive title?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How long does it take to receive title?