Southern California Southern California

C5 Corvette Parts Stolen!!! Please Read!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 11:35 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Default C5 Corvette Parts Stolen!!! Please Read!!!

So as some of you may or may not know a few months ago I dropped a valve in my engine so an aquaintance of mine offered to let me use his place and offered to help me pull the engine out of my car in preparation for the new one. Anyway my car has been at his place for maybe 4 months or so while I get everything together to get the car back on the road. Anyway, sometime between the last time I was over to his place until today some one broke into my car (well just opened the doors really) and took my Vortech supercharger with bracket head unit, my LS6 intake manifold (with billet fuel rails, injectors and throttle body), all three of my amplifiers and my stereo. I'm so at a loss for words right now and it hurts to the pit of my stomach. I have full coverage on my car but I'm not sure if they will cover all of this stuff and I just don't have the cash to pay for all of this. Now here's the tricky part. I'm not trying to blame anyone or the guy helping me out but he had moved my car to the side of the street to make room for his truck as well as put all my parts inside my car. I found this out on Thursday because I called him to ask him if I could come over Friday or Saturday to get the parts so that I could put them on my new engine in preparation for installation of the new engine. In addition he said that he had put the car on the street with all of the parts inside it about two weeks ago and the car had been unlocked for about a month. (it had been unlocked since i dropped off some new seats for the car. To my knowledge and rocollection all of the stereo equipment was still in the car at that point and all of thr other components were still in his garage. When I asked him why he left it unlocked and why he put all the components on the interior of my car he said because he didn't know if I was going to come get the car or when I was coming for parts. I said that I wouldn't come get the car because we had a job to finish. A job that he got paid for over 95 percent of before even 50 percent of the work was done. Again I'm not trying to point fingers I'm just stating facts.

I posted this in case some of you guys see parts Forsale in the Fresno area or parts that match what I had.

The amps were two helix competition amps and one JL Audio sub amp 1,000 watt amp (I think). The deck was a eclips double din head unit that I purchased off a forum member here a few months ago. The supercharger is a Vortech T-Trim, the intake was a stock LS6 intake with stock Z06 throttle body, billet machine finished and polished fuel rails with 83 LB fuel injectors. The only serial number I have is for the supercharger head unit and it is 52467

The stuff was taken from E. Vermont St. Fresno, CA.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 08-13-2011 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Removed address at home owners request
Old 08-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Dennis Wilson
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry for the loss. IMO, Its UNBELIEVABLE someone would park a VETTE on the street UNLOCKED, With all those parts inside. NO EXCUSE!!! Something might be fishy! Good luck.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:36 AM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

if you have a home owners or renters insurance it will cover contents of car
Old 08-01-2011, 01:26 AM
C6topless
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

i didn't read in your post that you filed a police report. I suggest you do that.

Also watch Ebay and Craigs list -- both are dumping grounds for stolen parts.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:57 AM
DANZGLASS
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Yea I smell fish! NO one is dumb enough to put it out on the street unlocked with thousands and thousands in parts just sitting there to get taken. Any normal person would call you and tell you they wanted to pull there truck in. Then asked you what you wanted to do with the car and parts.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:36 AM
flynbya2
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

You stated he got paid 90% of monies owed with 50% work done. That leads me to think he had some sort of contract with you for work to your car. You also said he was helping you out,so that sounds a little contradictory.

At any rate,your friend should have insurance which may cover your loss while under his possession. I believe all "service" shops are required to carry this.

Sorry to hear of your issue,but you may be losing a friend soon,if you had one in the first place.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:15 AM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like your supposed buddy jacked you dude...iam sorry for your loss
Old 08-04-2011, 12:55 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Ok so I'm here with the claims adjuster. (nice guy). They are going to cover the damage to the trunk, the intake manifold and throttle body as for the stereo equipment (he said the adjuster that deals with stereo equipment will call me) it's not looking good. He said based on his experience, they may just give me stock stereo stuff. As far as the blower, bracket, injectors Ect. They are not going to cover any of that. So in a nut shell I'm still pretty much at square one and someone completely is getting away with defrauding me of around 10 grand worth of stuff.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:15 PM
heavymetals
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry to hear you got hosed.

An unlocked Vette full of go fast parts sitting on the street.

(what's wrong with this picture?)

If you even want to go down that road, I think your "acquaintance" is liable since he put the car on the street.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:13 PM
One Nut
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Ok so I'm here with the claims adjuster. (nice guy). They are going to cover the damage to the trunk, the intake manifold and throttle body as for the stereo equipment (he said the adjuster that deals with stereo equipment will call me) it's not looking good. He said based on his experience, they may just give me stock stereo stuff. As far as the blower, bracket, injectors Ect. They are not going to cover any of that. So in a nut shell I'm still pretty much at square one and someone completely is getting away with defrauding me of around 10 grand worth of stuff.
Which insurance Co. do you use?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:45 PM
James92
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like your "friend" found a way to make a few quick bucks!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:32 AM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by James92
that is my 'take' on the subject, I wouldnt leave spendy parts in a car even if it was parked at my mums house. I'm thinkin your 'friend' that you were 'payin' figured you werent 'payin' him 'nuff..........'nuff said

Last edited by oldalaskaman; 08-05-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:14 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by 04_Z06_CE
sounds like your supposed buddy jacked you dude...iam sorry for your loss
He left it out there unlocked for a reason.
Go after him!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Vasta
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Talk about a cluster F*uck.

Jesus, good luck man.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:08 PM
LS1 REDBIRD
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
The stuff was taken from E. Vermont St. Fresno, CA.
This is in the better part of Fresno where crime is next to nothing. Sounds like whomever did this knew exactly what they were looking for.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:32 PM
brian90505
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your friend is an idiot, or a thief, or in collusion with the thief. What a mess...

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Corvette Parts Stolen!!! Please Read!!!

Quick Reply: C5 Corvette Parts Stolen!!! Please Read!!!