Southern California Southern California

L.A. Friday Night Road Rally - 4/1/11

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 01:01 AM
PFG
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L.A. Friday Night Road Rally - 4/1/11

It's time once again for Santa Monica Sports Car Club's monthly "First Friday Nighter" road rally on April 1st. This is a "time-speed-distance" rally that will challenge your driving precision and navigational skills at legal (but spirited) speeds. We typically cover 50-75 miles, usually on driver-oriented canyon or country roads. Trophies are awarded to top finishers, and we sometimes give away free entries to future events.

No previous rally experience or special equipment is required to compete. You'll need a navigator, a flashlight, a pen/pencil, and a watch with a second hand. We do have a special class for beginners so that you don't have to compete against seasoned veterans, and we offer some instruction before the event for novices.

Rallies start at the Bank of America parking lot at Devonshire and Sepulveda in Mission Hills. Registration opens at 7 p.m., with first car off at 8:01. The finish will be someplace with pizza and beverages.

Entry fees are $10 for SCCA members. Not a member? You can buy a weekend membership for $8 per car.

Find more info here: http://ffn.smscc.org

You may have noticed that the upcoming rally falls on April Fool's Day...expect the unexpected!

Any questions? Post 'em or PM me. Hope to see you there!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:07 AM
PFG
Intermediate

UPDATE: The April First Friday Niter will run mainly in the Simi Valley area. This will be an excellent rally for first-timers, as there will be a few traps along the way to help you get a feel for how "course" rallies work.

Also, in addition to our normal class-winner trophies, we also give out "Best of Club" awards to the highest finishing teams in marques that turn out five or more entries. We use the term "club" very loosely in this sense; you don't have to come with a formal club to qualify for this prize. Basically, if five 'Vettes show up, even if the teams have never even met each other, at least one of them is guaranteed to go home with a trophy.

So, if you have a regular get-together group, you might think about putting us on your event calendar for a little friendly competition!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Vasta
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I'm in!

Anybody else?
Old 04-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Vasta
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default First time doing a Rally

I couldn't believe it, I won first place in D class last night.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:49 PM
PFG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vasta
I couldn't believe it, I won first place in D class last night.
Outstanding! Congratulations! Hope you'll join us again. (Sorry I couldn't stick around to chat after the rally.)

Get notified of new replies

To L.A. Friday Night Road Rally - 4/1/11

Quick Reply: L.A. Friday Night Road Rally - 4/1/11