Southern California Southern California

ALMS Long Beach race

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 02:42 AM
BGC5Vette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAMbrick
This is sad to hear, I already obtained tickets, had some friends flake, and I can now drive down in the vette. I'm not going to buy additional tickets to park in the corral though.
Were the tickets bought from the Grand Prix? If so, you can give them the ticket number and they will let you buy a Corral Pass. Several of us tried to get the passes but they said Must buy at least Gen Admission ticket to buy a corral pass. The manager was disrespectful and rude when I spoke to him.

Funny thing that they mentioned last year they wouldn't have a corral wasn't for the fans. They will find out how the fan support will die because of their greed.

Last edited by BGC5Vette; 03-25-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:46 AM
BGC5Vette
Racer

Originally Posted by Todd157k
We'll be there.. but not in the corral. We get passes through work associates so, no pay=no pass.
I might be in line with you and boycott the coral. They lose and no gain for them.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Nikka
Pro

We will be there
Old 03-26-2011, 08:50 PM
300Z51
Pro

I plan to be there Sat and Sun, but not with the C6. I do side security jobs, so I will be there in the bright yellow polo shirt, directing you all in as I was last year. I believe I met BGC5 there last year. Most attendees were shocked that the security guy was also a Vette owner!
Old 03-27-2011, 05:35 AM
BGC5Vette
Racer

Originally Posted by 300Z51
I plan to be there Sat and Sun, but not with the C6. I do side security jobs, so I will be there in the bright yellow polo shirt, directing you all in as I was last year. I believe I met BGC5 there last year. Most attendees were shocked that the security guy was also a Vette owner!
Yes! I remember talking to you about your C6 last year. Glad your returning to protect and serve the Vettes. I will see what develops with this parking nonsense they added on. I like to attend again.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:12 AM
300Z51
Pro

Originally Posted by BGC5Vette
Yes! I remember talking to you about your C6 last year. Glad your returning to protect and serve the Vettes. I will see what develops with this parking nonsense they added on. I like to attend again.
Well hopefully they'll come to their senses. If so, I'll see you there.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:03 AM
jetning
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Many are disappointed that they require you to purchase a ticket in order to buy a Corvette Corral parking this year. Many have tickets already including the free Friday ticket. I think someone got greedy wanting to make extra money.I think that's a bunch of you know what. I'm not surprise that parking passes are still available, usually they would be sold out at this time.
Here's the deal. I purchased 2 3-day passes for the LBGP for myself, a vette owner, and a friend, who is not. I purchased a Fri and Saturday Corral tix, so that may mean that I should be allowed to purchase another pair of Corral tix, if it's not yet sold out. I will call them today and see if I can still purchase them. Reply here or pm me if I can help.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:52 PM
jetning
Pro

Originally Posted by jetning
Here's the deal. I purchased 2 3-day passes for the LBGP for myself, a vette owner, and a friend, who is not. I purchased a Fri and Saturday Corral tix, so that may mean that I should be allowed to purchase another pair of Corral tix, if it's not yet sold out. I will call them today and see if I can still purchase them. Reply here or pm me if I can help.
I called LBGP today, and was told I can purchase Friday and Saturday Corral tickets. I must purchase by Wednesday though, or they'll sell it if the demand is there. First one to reply or pm me will be granted the favor. Pls specify which day or days you need.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:03 PM
BGC5Vette
Racer

Originally Posted by jetning
I called LBGP today, and was told I can purchase Friday and Saturday Corral tickets. I must purchase by Wednesday though, or they'll sell it if the demand is there. First one to reply or pm me will be granted the favor. Pls specify which day or days you need.
PM sent
Old 03-28-2011, 06:43 PM
jetning
Pro

PM sent
Done deal.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:27 PM
BAMbrick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Several more days and it's time for some sweet racing and good weather!!!

I have some friends who bought some tickets but are trying to back out now. They are trying to get rid of their tickets for 40 dollars. That's general admission for friday AND saturday. Since I'm the one that has all our tickets, I can do my best to get them to your mailbox by thursday. PM me your info if interested. Otherwise these guys are out money. I'll entertain just saturday tickets if you are interested, they just want to cut their losses as much as possible. Sorry about the sales pitch, but it might help some locals out!

As for Long Beach Grand Prix related news, I'm excited to hear the V-12 of the Aston Martin Prototype.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:57 PM
JRS_C5
Intermediate

I'll be going, but I won't be purchasing corral ticket. Has anyone decided on a meeting place to caravan to long beach saturday morning?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So for corral parking and a saturday ticket you are looking at $64??? Ouch.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:45 PM
JRS_C5
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Garrett SNA
So for corral parking and a saturday ticket you are looking at $64??? Ouch.
It's a little pricey but not too bad if you consider that regular city parking there costs 17 dollars.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:43 AM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Anybody know to get to this years Corvette coral parking do you have to drive on lawn to get to the parking lot? My car is super low and wont make it and don't like that idea. Thanks
Old 04-15-2011, 05:23 PM
JRS_C5
Intermediate

Does anyone know if you can get corral tickets at the door? I tried calling but I can't get a hold of anyone.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Torch FRC
Safety Car

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

ALMS at 4:30pm.....Cant wait!!!

Quick Reply: ALMS Long Beach race