Southern California Southern California

It's Raining--So What?!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Sargechris
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Raining--So What?!!

Just got back from an overnite stay at the Mission Inn (Riverside--"Fiesta of Lights")... Drove there AND back in steady rain...

Went shopping all day today--again driving in the rain....

It was a blast! The Vette's aerodynamic shape almost makes wipers unecessary... And it did NOT melt!!

Why did I see so many Porsches driving in the rain, but only a couple other Vettes?? Are not WE the better drivers??

I think it's great to cruise at 70 mph or so, water spray flying outta the wheel wells and droplets defying gravity on the windscreen...

Yes--it's filthy right now--and I Love It!!
Old 12-19-2010, 12:09 AM
C6 Joey
Racer

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

My LMB 2007 is driven rain or shine. I have to, its my daily driver.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:56 AM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Well, God bless you both!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 02:02 AM
0331MARINE
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: You know your drunk when you swerve to miss the tree then you realize its your air freshener! Covington Ga
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove mine Friday in the rain. It started to melt so I had to hurry home and wash, claybar, wax, wash, and claybar it again just to make sure it didnt melt anymore.....
Old 12-19-2010, 02:13 AM
mike1944
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 0331MARINE
I drove mine Friday in the rain. It started to melt so I had to hurry home and wash, claybar, wax, wash, and claybar it again just to make sure it didnt melt anymore.....
I hope you took the wheels off and washed and waxed the fender wells.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:17 AM
0331MARINE
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: You know your drunk when you swerve to miss the tree then you realize its your air freshener! Covington Ga

Originally Posted by mike1944
I hope you took the wheels off and washed and waxed the fender wells.
I used 2 bottles of Mothers Back To Black on each one.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:10 AM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

Thats the kicker, you have the opportunity to wash it afterwards. Too cold up here in mtns to wash them after they get dirty. the water in the hoses freeze and so do your hands so i just have to be a sissy about it and not get them dirty in the winter as they would have to stay dirty for roughly 4 months as it does not warm up enough up here till about late april or early may.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Sargechris
Pro

Originally Posted by bearphoto
Thats the kicker, you have the opportunity to wash it afterwards. Too cold up here in mtns to wash them after they get dirty. the water in the hoses freeze and so do your hands so i just have to be a sissy about it and not get them dirty in the winter as they would have to stay dirty for roughly 4 months as it does not warm up enough up here till about late april or early may.
Weather is the reason I posted my comments on the SoCal Forum... But I forgot about our Mountaineer Vette Drivers!! It WOULD be heart-breaking to look at a dirty Vette for 4 months...

Hmmm--heated indoor wash-bays, anyone!
Old 12-19-2010, 10:29 AM
boblav
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Doug,

If you are down this way, you are more than welcome to use my garage, the pressure washer, the buffer and any supplies I have! I don't have the rack like you do, to scrub the underside, but that could change soon!
Old 12-19-2010, 12:23 PM
0331MARINE
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

This is true. The wife and I are going to come up that way sometime in Jan/Feb for a few days. We will be driving the Hummer not the Vette
Old 12-19-2010, 02:53 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

This is true. The wife and I are going to come up that way sometime in Jan/Feb for a few days. We will be driving the Hummer not the Vette
Oh come on! Bring the vette. The snow is only sometimes a problem and the cinders on the road, well they only chip the paint a little bit, and dont worry about the other cars that are out of control because they were going too fast without chains and have lost control, most likely they will miss you before going over the side! Just joking of course, give a shout when you get up here, will meet for a beer or coffee!
Old 12-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Sargechris
Pro

Oh come on! Bring the vette. The snow is only sometimes a problem and the cinders on the road, well they only chip the paint a little bit, and dont worry about the other cars that are out of control because they were going too fast without chains and have lost control, most likely they will miss you before going over the side! Just joking of course, give a shout when you get up here, will meet for a beer or coffee!
Heck--I'll tag along too!! In the Vette!! (but I'll do it on one of those SoCal 85* Jan days...)

after all--I'll drive ANYWHERE for a good beer!!
Old 12-19-2010, 07:45 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

We've got some pretty good beers up here that go well with pizza. Maybe we should have a gtg up here in the winter, no vettes, use DD's. We also have some pretty good or at least fun shopping in the village that the ladies might enjoy while we sample some of the beers and pizza? Have a weekend gtg or just for the day.

Who's in?
Old 12-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Sargechris
Pro

We've got some pretty good beers up here that go well with pizza. Maybe we should have a gtg up here in the winter, no vettes, use DD's. We also have some pretty good or at least fun shopping in the village that the ladies might enjoy while we sample some of the beers and pizza? Have a weekend gtg or just for the day.

Who's in?
Lisa (wife) and I would go!! (we love Big Bear--are usually up their either skiing (Winter) or on the Harley (Summer)...
Old 12-19-2010, 07:57 PM
vinceg
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Who's in?
Sounds like fun. In June, 2 darn cold in the winter 4 me.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:25 PM
pcfred
Safety Car

Received 141 Likes on 93 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

You're a real trooper Greg, we're proud of you
Old 12-19-2010, 11:57 PM
0331MARINE
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes we left them in the rain!!!!!

How many of you just started crying and ran out into the garage and started waxing your Vette??????

Last edited by 0331MARINE; 12-19-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To It's Raining--So What?!!

Old 12-20-2010, 12:16 AM
pcfred
Safety Car

Received 141 Likes on 93 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Um, better go check them again, I think they are starting to melt now.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:19 AM
0331MARINE
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Thats great!!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:28 AM
GBsC5Vert
Pro

Location: LA/OC border, probably sittin' under the patio, by the pool...smokin' a cigar! SoCal
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=0331MARINE;1576266284]Yes we left them in the rain!!!!!
QUOTE]

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Quick Reply: It's Raining--So What?!!