Southern California Southern California

Not MVCC

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:36 PM
mjukich
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not MVCC

Okay. This is not MVCC. I am just some poor guy in San Diego that would like someone(s) to contact me to get together, maybe on some Saturday morning and visit and possibly go on a leisurely drive through the SoCal backcountry to enjoy the scenic beauty. Perhaps we could grab some lunch or take in some event. It would be nice to get a group together for socializing and driving. REMEMBER THIS IS NOT MVCC!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:55 PM
0331MARINE
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: You know your drunk when you swerve to miss the tree then you realize its your air freshener! Covington Ga
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did I miss something with MVCC??? We are heading up to Orange next Sunday for a run if you want to come along. Its going to be a early morning!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 10:16 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by 0331MARINE
Did I miss something with MVCC??? We are heading up to Orange next Sunday for a run if you want to come along. Its going to be a early morning!!!
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...-speedway.html
Old 06-05-2010, 01:49 AM
0331MARINE
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: You know your drunk when you swerve to miss the tree then you realize its your air freshener! Covington Ga

Yep that would be it!!! My wife cant wait for the Bass Pro Shop!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Bring back SCMRs!

Ah, you must've not been around during the infamous SCMR runs that occured twice per year. There were no Cobras, Miatas, Cudas, or Mini Coopers to be found - just C5s and C6s. The lead man (Larry) moved out of state and true SCMRs died. Yes, I miss them quite a bit.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:42 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Old 06-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Dave68
Ah, you must've not been around during the infamous SCMR runs that occured twice per year. There were no Cobras, Miatas, Cudas, or Mini Coopers to be found - just C5s and C6s. The lead man (Larry) moved out of state and true SCMRs died. Yes, I miss them quite a bit.
u think they died???
Old 06-06-2010, 07:17 PM
sallen619
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave68

Bring them back!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Honestly we had too many people driving over their heads, and were just too foolish and not using good judgement.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:42 PM
0331MARINE
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Varmit
Honestly we had too many people driving over their heads, and were just too foolish and not using good judgement.
I've been on a few runs with people like that. Takes the fun out of it.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Bryanwithy
Burning Brakes

I think rather than speak on behalf of everyone, you should only speak for yourself. Many drivers that take part in the MVCC gatherings have gone through professional driver training, and some of us (i speak for myself only) have raced professionally and been involved in racing for many years. The mere fact that certain people have made mistakes while driving a high performance vehicle does not mean that they were "not using good judgment" sometimes accidents happen unfortunately.

There are plenty of events for people that like higher speed (of course street legal ) and then there are a few for those that prefer to have their cars looked at rather than driven, but either way you just have to find what works for you and do it. Enjoy the car and enjoy life, you only have one to live.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:23 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Bryanwithy
I think rather than speak on behalf of everyone, you should only speak for yourself. Many drivers that take part in the MVCC gatherings have gone through professional driver training, and some of us (i speak for myself only) have raced professionally and been involved in racing for many years. The mere fact that certain people have made mistakes while driving a high performance vehicle does not mean that they were "not using good judgment" sometimes accidents happen unfortunately.

There are plenty of events for people that like higher speed (of course street legal ) and then there are a few for those that prefer to have their cars looked at rather than driven, but either way you just have to find what works for you and do it. Enjoy the car and enjoy life, you only have one to live.
Varmit speaks for most of the group Bryan.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:25 AM
mjukich
Cruising

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
Varmit speaks for most of the group Bryan.
Who speaks for the lesser of the group?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Well I'm just going to lay it out here, if people don't like to bad. There was too much crap going on we did not like. Passing on hills and curves, cutting guys off. Some thought it was a friggin race for heaven's sakes. I don't want to hear this stuff about driving schools. Most of us have been to several, fact is public roads are not race tracks. We decided to police these things ourselves and get it back under control. To eliminate some of the problems, we change the meet locations every month and handle the announcements our own way. But I for one, and I can say I do speak for the rest here, do not want to be at an accident scene where someone has been seriously injured because of a participant on one of our runs.

I've had to deal with that way to much in my life, and DO NOT WANT TO DO IT ANYMORE!!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Poppy's Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryanwithy

Me thinks maybe Bryan misread the posters name here
Old 06-07-2010, 10:35 AM
SDLS1Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Well I'm just going to lay it out here, if people don't like to bad. There was too much crap going on we did not like. Passing on hills and curves, cutting guys off. Some thought it was a friggin race for heaven's sakes. I don't want to hear this stuff about driving schools. Most of us have been to several, fact is public roads are not race tracks. We decided to police these things ourselves and get it back under control. To eliminate some of the problems, we change the meet locations every month and handle the announcements our own way. But I for one, and I can say I do speak for the rest here, do not want to be at an accident scene where someone has been seriously injured because of a participant on one of our runs.

I've had to deal with that way to much in my life, and DO NOT WANT TO DO IT ANYMORE!!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:37 AM
mjukich
Cruising

Thanks for the update Varmit. So how do you get on the list? Or, maybe I've been blacklisted but don't know it. I only know 2 or 3 people from their aliases. The wife and I enjoyed the outings and looked forward to it monthly. I don't recollect ever crashing or passing on blind corners or ever really thinking I was taking any chances; although I did have a Cobra drive off a corner behind me.

I guess what we did enjoy was that a group of people got together and were allowed to drive at their own pace. I know there were cars up front, cars in the middle and cars in the back. We thought it was kinda cool that all kinds of people were able to get together and enjoy themselves, whatever form that enjoyment took by simply settling into a group of like drivers.

Will I need to get approval via a driving test or something to continue?
Should I assume that since the group no longer meets in MV there is no MVCC? The last three month the wife and I have dutifully shown up at Fenton, the first month we got redirected to Alpine, then nothing. So, I was just wondering what happened. Since I don't really know who you are I assume you must be the leader of the "non-club." Kinda sounds like its turned into the Masonic's Vehicle Corvettes & Cobras, since its about that secret.

Anyway don't take this post wrong I've enjoyed tremendously the excursions I've taken with the group. They certainly were much more adventurous than anything I've participated in at COCSD (Club of Corvette Slow Drivers).

Get notified of new replies

To Not MVCC

Old 06-07-2010, 12:13 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Varmit is not the leader as there is no leader, but most of us share his thoughts on the direction of this group and it's activities(we are still not a club as no one is leader, there are still no dues, and you can come and go as you please). MV has not always been a meeting spot though. One of the first runs I ever went on with this group 4 years ago, started up north of San Diego. It depends on the day's activities and where they end up.

I will say no more on this matter, as I'm just a regular who has found his niche with the MVCC.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:41 PM
mcc978
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,’18,’19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Well stated Varmit
Old 06-07-2010, 09:13 PM
zagger
Burning Brakes

While I do agree with Varmit on the reckless driving It still makes me wonder why it turned out to be such a secret society. I don't think I ever did any of the dumb things as stated above but if there was something inappropriate I only wish someone would have said something. It really was not cool showing up at Fenton only to find out the grope changed location and getting smart *** remarks on a thread I started earlier asking what is up with the runs was totally inappropriate. I hold no grudges and really enjoyed the drives and camaraderie, be as it may it is not a club. Hope thing can sort themselves and things will return to the way they were.

Quick Reply: Not MVCC