Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10

Old 03-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Poppy's Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boblav
So, is this open to all makes and models now? Just asking. I have lot's of friends with Miatas and Camaros and Cadillacs, etc. and they always wonder about going on these trips / vette events.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:06 AM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppy's Vette
So, is this open to all makes and models now? Just asking. I have lot's of friends with Miatas and Camaros and Cadillacs, etc. and they always wonder about going on these trips / vette events.
if it is... I'm 100% out.... been on a run with different cars, one of those motogen things.... not the same.....sucks in comparison to runs with just Vetts......
Old 03-18-2010, 12:50 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

I guess i'd like to see it all or mostly all vettes. I am usually open to all cars as i have put on other tours and am going on this years hot rod power tour back east which is anything and everything on wheels and its fun. but this year i am kind of filling in for this annual vette tour to lone pine and i dont want to mess up an annual or semi annual tradition.

If there is an interest for an open car event, that is something we can discuss away from the corvette forum and am happy to help out as i love pretty much all cars and own shelby's, saleens, and trans ams in addition to the vette but lets pm or email about that.

So, if we can keep it all vettes lets do that. Im not sure the guy with the g8 really wants to go and the pantera guy is out.

What i could use from all of you is to try and each bring in at least one more vette owner/couple besides yourselves so we can get our numbers up some. Right now i think we have about 10 rooms reserved that i know of, another 5 or so expressed interest but have not reserved a room yet so we still have lots of room left. It might not be as big as last years but we can still have a high fun factor going and scotty's castle will be awesome.

Thanks for any and all help on this event.

doug
Old 03-18-2010, 01:07 PM
JohnGalt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can attest that all those roads are open now, except for one...having driven on them last weekend - went to Death Valley for the first time, then did a side trip for a lil' day hike:

If I can make it that weekend, I'll be there!

Last edited by JohnGalt; 03-18-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Poppy's Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppy's Vette
Just to be clear ... I was just trying to be polite and instigate a discussion but I'm interested, as in past runs, to go to this because it is a Corvette run. There are in deed lot's of other organized "car" runs and events I can go to if I want the "all make and model" experience. If everyone wants to open it to other makes and models, I will politely with no malice back out.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:43 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by pauldana
if it is... I'm 100% out....
Old 03-18-2010, 04:45 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

No worry's this will be a vette pure run with great times, great drives, food and great people! I appreciate all the input, that is what makes this a great forum!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:43 PM
boblav
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

OK, so draper understands this IS The Corvette Forum, so he's out, excuse me for asking, and lets keep this awesome run Corvettes Only!

Doug, Thanks for all of your effort and hard work, I know its takes a lot. I am looking forward to this run, and meeting some new people as well.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:37 PM
RonSS
Racer

I’m in at the Dow. Best thing about the Dow is the pizza joint across the street…
Old 03-19-2010, 07:49 PM
jimman
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RonSS
I’m in at the Dow. Best thing about the Dow is the pizza joint across the street…
Did someone say free pizza
Old 03-19-2010, 07:53 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

Welcome aboard, yes i expect we will spend some time at the pizza place or bring it to the hotel. Thanks for signing up, should be a good time.

Now i did hear back from NPS yesterday. Due to the time of the year, they do not feel they can handle our own private group tours. I am still trying to get an answer from them that they will be doing the normal tours which i think they are, but just want to make sure. Maybe its just me, but they said their staffing on "saturday" is low so they dont have the extra people to put on priviate tours. Saturdays I'd think are their busiest days so staffing should be up? oh well, more to follow! I know since the temps will be warmer, she said about 85 degrees at the castle and around 100 in the lower valley, they have less tourists so staffing is less but we will get something worked out.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Jedsvet
Pro

Originally Posted by RonSS
Pizza is my favorite food, except maybe Mexican or Thai or Burgers or Pho or steak or ... Oh never mind.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:38 AM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by jimman
Did someone say free pizza
No Jim. just pizza across the street, I think.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:49 AM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

rwpatte for 2 confirmed
Old 03-22-2010, 11:07 AM
bearphoto
Safety Car

SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

Thanks for signing up, it will be a great time. A buddy of mine has a cooksey vette that most likely will be signing up too. He lives in Hesperia.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:06 PM
ufso
Le Mans Master

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by rwpatte
rwpatte for 2 confirmed

Sparky for 2 confirmed also!

MAYBE WE CAN GET A CARAVAN SET UP TO HEAD OUT FRIDAY MORNING???

Get notified of new replies

To Lone Pine/Bishop 2010 spring sign up

Old 03-23-2010, 01:17 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

Ok, after receiving a call about the rooms I gave the hotel a ring to find out about the $89 room prices. I am told the $89 room price is for a king bed in the newer part of the hotel. Those are gone at this point so they are telling me the AAA price for 2 queens is $98. You can still get a king bed in the older building which i'm told is "quaint" and nice, it just does not have quite the amenities the newer section has. The older section of the hotel is $68 plus tax.

So, the $89 rooms are sold out, they still have the 2 queens and suites available for AAA members $98 and $121 or the older section rooms for $68. The older section still has king beds, bathrooms and color tv's and hbo. They just dont have a refrigerator apparently. Same parking lot and lobby entrance for both sections.

Still working with the National Park Service for group tours, their peak season is October to April so since we are in mid May they have reduced staffing. Iwill be headed up there in a week or so to do some reconn of the area and check a few things out.

I will be out of state from March 25th to March29th and will not have my computer with me. Hawaii and all the pageant girls are calling my name so i will be on a photo shoot the end of this week but back next week.

Doug
Old 03-23-2010, 02:32 PM
RonSS
Racer

I stayed in room in the old “Hotel” section of the Dow a few years back. The room was fine and the one I had did have it’s own bathroom, I know some of them don’t. But no A/C and it was warm that weekend. They do have a giant swamp cooler and when it was on that was plenty to keep that little room cool. But I had no control of when it went on or off and I sure wanted it on longer than it was…
Old 03-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Ricks-LS1
Instructor

Sorry to say that Vanita & I will have to back out this year, we have a conflict with the dates. We are sorry that we will have to miss it. The Lone Pine run has become one of our favorite yearly events.
Hope every has a great time & post lots of pics.

Rich

Quick Reply: Lone Pine/Bishop 2010 spring sign up