Southern California Southern California

Road Rallies in Orange County

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 06:28 PM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Road Rallies in Orange County

Thought it might be fun to try a road rally with my son. I remember doing a few in college with some friends years ago, they were a fun evening of entertainment.....maybe a lot more fun in a GS (ok...it's just a cheesy excuse to drive around all night with the kid!). Anyway, I've seen a first Friday night of the month event up in Mission Hills with the SMSCC...but that's a little far for us. Searched the web, but can't seem to find anything local.

Does anybody know of any events like that in the Orange County area?
Old 06-13-2012, 08:22 PM
T2G2
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator

Check out the "Block of Orange" (they meet on Sundays once a month at Block of Orange and do a road cruise before stopping for lunch) or the Valley VTG, up in Simi Valley off the 118, (they do mountain road cruises but at a good clip)
Both groups met at Bubba Gumps this past sunday for lunch at Santa Monica Pier.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:29 AM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by T2G2
Check out the "Block of Orange" (they meet on Sundays once a month at Block of Orange and do a road cruise before stopping for lunch) or the Valley VTG, up in Simi Valley off the 118, (they do mountain road cruises but at a good clip)
Both groups met at Bubba Gumps this past sunday for lunch at Santa Monica Pier.
Yeah, I've kept an eye on them and might try and make a cruise with them in the future.

The road rallies that I'm talking about though are competitions on the street (not races) where each car gets a set of instructions to follow. Some are timed (i.e. you follow the instructions exactly...and theoretically you end up at the finish line at an exact time), or some just have gimmicks (instructions with tricks in them).

Your "team" is a driver and a navigator (who interprets the instructions, and assists the driver in looking for street signs, etc.). I thought it would be a blast to do with my kid navigating. That way he'd be involved with something challenging to do the entire event. We'd definitely lose...but we'd have a lot more fun than just driving for a burger somewhere.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

The monthly "Block" group has done proper rallies in the past. PM ufso to see if any are planned.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:07 PM
toddalin
Le Mans Master

Received 1,167 Likes on 486 Posts

OCVETTES is putting on a poker run on July 21 and a Braille ralley on July 28. Check their newsletter for details.

http://ocvettes.org/Newsletter.htm

Get notified of new replies

To Road Rallies in Orange County

Quick Reply: Road Rallies in Orange County