Southern California Southern California

OC Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default OC Corvettes

What do you think of this shop? Is it recomended over WCC its a lot closer to me, living in dana point.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

I was just quoted $695 for longtube header install not including xpipe and cats? HAHAHAH i wonder if that secretary was serious? I was thinking like 400? I wonder if i could just borrow their tools and do it myself gawdd... what a rip off. WCC is next ill update.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:32 PM
flynbya2
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

They have done a fair amount of work on my car,and I think they are top-notch

You will be in good hands,ask for Sean
Old 03-10-2008, 05:40 PM
FUN LS1
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

OCC is a great shop - they've worked on my C5 and I'm sure will turn wrenches on it again.

As far as DIY goes, I did my complete exhaust install from headers to Corsa's and I saved oodles of money.

I got quotes from severl shops and all seemed fair and within a few $$ of each other - only thing I paid for was tuning.

Had Sean @ OCC tune it and Charlie @ RPM tune it again later - lot's of knowledge out there.

MY VOTE? Do the headers yourself then pay for a tune.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

They do all of the work on my Z16 I drive on the street and my #22 I race on the track.

The race car is down there now and goes there about twice a month between races. They know how to prep a car for performance. For OCC it is track proven knowledge and not guesswork or what is common "street performance knowledge" that I find is usually wrong.

I am sure a few other SCCA and NASA racers who use OCC exclusively for both street and track would agree with me.

I pay them a lot, but it is well worth it for me. Fifteen races last year and I finished everyone of them. A few firsts in there, too. This year I have four races under my belt and two more coming up this weekend and the car works great everytime. OCC is the shop for me for sure.

There is always a line-up of cars down there waiting for mods, work, tuning, etc. If you put your own headers on I figure they will have more time to work on my car. I have told Sean he should raise his rates, for me included, as he has too much work as it is.

Put your headers on, I will race you anytime.

Last edited by Olitho; 03-10-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:43 PM
jetning
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

what do you mean not including x-pipe and cats? they installed my long tubes, cats and x-pipes. i got what i paid for. an 11.73 car on the strip. and a reliable car for some trips.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Z11409
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Olitho
They do all of the work on my Z16 I drive on the street and my #22 I race on the track.

The race car is down there now and goes there about twice a month between races. They know how to prep a car for performance. For OCC it is track proven knowledge and not guesswork or what is common "street performance knowledge" that I find is usually wrong.

I am sure a few other SCCA and NASA racers who use OCC exclusively for both street and track would agree with me.

I pay them a lot, but it is well worth it for me. Fifteen races last year and I finished everyone of them. A few firsts in there, too. This year I have four races under my belt and two more coming up this weekend and the car works great everytime. OCC is the shop for me for sure.

There is always a line-up of cars down there waiting for mods, work, tuning, etc. If you put your own headers on I figure they will have more time to work on my car. I have told Sean he should raise his rates, for me included, as he has too much work as it is.

Put your headers on, I will race you anytime.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Muscles
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

Sean at OCC has always gone out of his way to help me out. I don't take my car to any other shop, he is a good guy and stands behind his work. I can be a pain in the *** customer also, and he makes sure I am happy. You should just go meet him and chat for a bit.

Greg
Old 03-11-2008, 12:51 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

He's got my supercharged C5 right now doing some fixes, and modifying the cooling system. He did the blower install, and the car ran flawless till a hose to the intercooler bit it.

Sean is a GREAT guy to work with.

Now if only I can get my car back and enjoy it again.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:21 AM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Originally Posted by jetning
what do you mean not including x-pipe and cats? they installed my long tubes, cats and x-pipes. i got what i paid for. an 11.73 car on the strip. and a reliable car for some trips.
11.73 with just headers?
That's good #'s!
Old 03-11-2008, 03:43 PM
GRUNIE
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I been going to Sean before his dyno was installed, so I like to think of myself as one of the first customers in his new shop. One time when I couldn't find a ride to pick up my car, he brought it to me that evening. We ended up consuming a few brews my garage He's a great guy and and will be doing more work for me once my stuff on B/O @ WCC comes in I suggest going to his shop to see the operation and talk to Sean about what you want done. He's a busy guy and may one day stop taking on new customers
Old 03-11-2008, 05:05 PM
jetning
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdasvt
11.73 with just headers?
That's good #'s!

no. sorry i forgot to mention he also tuned my nitrous system.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:16 AM
gary buchanan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OCC is a top notch facility hands down, and they will go the extra mile for you with attention to detail
Old 03-12-2008, 11:02 AM
2MFFZo6
Racer

Looks like you touched a nerve In my opinion, "you get what you pay for" I doubt you will find a much better price. Ive never been to occ but I have only heard great things about them.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:58 PM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 390 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Garrett FRC
What do you think of this shop? Is it recomended over WCC its a lot closer to me, living in dana point.
I was quoted a price (over the phone) by WCC. Drove up there in 2 hours and they raised their price $500. I won't do business with them. Period.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Fifty5chevy383ci
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Garrett FRC
I was just quoted $695 for longtube header install not including xpipe and cats? HAHAHAH i wonder if that secretary was serious? I was thinking like 400? I wonder if i could just borrow their tools and do it myself gawdd... what a rip off. WCC is next ill update.
lol and this kid wants to walk into someone else' shop and use their tools?!? Go ahead and do it yourself, but dont call them after youve botched everything up... You sound like a damn fbody guy, maybe you should try ls1tech
Old 03-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Fifty5chevy383ci
lol and this kid wants to walk into someone else' shop and use their tools?!? Go ahead and do it yourself, but dont call them after youve botched everything up... You sound like a damn fbody guy, maybe you should try ls1tech
Alright firebird, i searched posts and a fair header x pipe and cat install price was 400. Obviously i cant use their tools it was a joke.

Get notified of new replies

To OC Corvettes

Old 03-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

And btw WCC quoted me 1000 what a joke.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Cloaked323
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

That's great enjoy

Last edited by Cloaked323; 03-15-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:10 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Just got my C5 back from OCC tonight. Purring like a kitten the whole way home. Had forgotten what boost was like for awhile.

Absolutely great place. I can't say enough good things about Sean and his business. He's an hour and a half(by way of hauling ***) from me, but worth every mile I have to travel.

Quick Reply: OC Corvettes