TRCC Pismo Weekend Pix

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 02:16 PM
User111
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TRCC Pismo Weekend Pix

Here's the pix: TRCC Pismo Pix
What a great weekend! Terry, I'm sorry you had to miss it. First of all....a big thank you to Gary and Daryle for organizing and hosting this fun get together!

I'm not back at home yet, so I haven't lightened any of the pix....I apologize for some of them being on the dark side. I think this is my favorite:

We had a great time, at dinner on the Avila pier on Friday night, driving up the CA coast to Lucia and back, and hanging out at Gary's house for dinner on Saturday. (Unfortunately we have to get back early today and missed today's activities.) I really enjoyed meeting new friends and visiting again with those I've met before. GREAT EVENT!! :yesnod: :yesnod: :D

[Modified by VETGIRL, 10:16 AM 10/7/2001]
Old 10-07-2001, 03:57 PM
SafetyAgentMan
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: TRCC Pismo Weekend Pix (VETGIRL)

Hi Mary,

It was great meeting all of you in Lucia for lunch and we look forward to meeting all of you again at some future get-together.

BTW, I wish we had brought a camera with us. Pam could have taken pictures of all the passengers in their SUV's flashing their lights :eek:, yelling obscenities :cuss and giving us the finger :eek: as Steve (vetterdstr) and I dodged in and out passing them on the coast highway back to Monterey.

Howard :flag
Old 10-07-2001, 10:33 PM
Bill Wammock
Advanced

Default Re: TRCC Pismo Weekend Pix (SafetyAgentMan)

Mary,

Pictures are great !!! Sorry we missed you and the entire event. I did stop by the Motel about 3pm on Friday, to deliver some product to Bob G..... Also met his neighbor, and Steve from Carlsbad.... Glad everyone had a great (safe) time on Hwy One !!!!!!!

Bill.......

Old 10-07-2001, 10:53 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the pics, Mary - we had a great time - good to see you and Phil again! (Sorry about the "ding" you got on the pier from that pallet that ran amok...)

A special thanks to the locals for setting this up: Gary and Daryle, Phil and Jane, Larry and Suzanne (sp?) did a great job organizing and playing host - the hospitality was super, and as usual we enjoyed seeing some old friends and meeting new ones.

We had an uneventful trip home - 4.5 hours - very light LA traffic (well, relatively light for a Sunday...). Couple of 100+ bursts on 166 between Sta Maria and I-5 - nice road: scenic in places, and dead-straight for 23 miles between Maricopa and I-5. The Valentine identified a CHP in time for us to get it shut down, otherwise I'd have probably run up his tailpipe! :eek:

Terry - sorry you couldn't make it, man - we'll be setting something up in the Sandyeggo area in the not-too-distant future - maybe we'll do an "All Reds" meeting, and invite the TRCC, the Maggies, the Lt. Carmines, etc. But in any case, thanks to the TRCC for putting up with some of us "other" colors.

(btw, wait till you see Dawson's (daws c5) pics from the Hummer trip on the dunes... Anyone who thought this would be a "ho-hum" tourist deal (like me) missed an e-ticket ride that was just as unbelievable as it was gravity-defying! :eek: )
Old 10-08-2001, 11:54 AM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

Default Re: TRCC Pismo Weekend Pix (steve hummel)

BTW, I wish we had brought a camera with us. Pam could have taken pictures of all the passengers in their SUV's flashing their lights :eek:, yelling obscenities :cuss and giving us the finger :eek: as Steve (vetterdstr) and I dodged in and out passing them on the coast highway back to Monterey.

Howard :flag
:lol: :lol:

Fortunately I was spared the abuse because my Exhaust kept me from hearing anything going on behind me ;) We did stay behind that group for at least 10 miles before I blew past them.... It may have made them upset because it all happened so fast.

Thanks Mary for the Pics and thank you to Gary for having the gang out for a good time. It was good to see all the familiar faces at Lunch and of course very nice to meet new people too.

vetterdstr :cheers:
Old 10-08-2001, 12:12 PM
CALVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: TRCC Pismo Weekend Pix (vetterdstr)

The SUV drivers just don't understand that you have the power to safely make those kind of moves.

Mary,
Sounds like you had a great weekend, thanks for sharing the pictures.
I spent a lot of time around SLO in the 70's when the beach was wide
open. Did anyone drive there cars on to the sand (at low tide)?
Old 10-08-2001, 02:12 PM
RHILL
Le Mans Master

Default Re: TRCC Pismo Weekend Pix (CALVette)

Mary & Co. sounds like I missed out :cry :cheers:
Old 10-08-2001, 02:26 PM
Red Beach Vettes
Advanced

Mary, great job on the pictures! What a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)
We really enjoyed meeting some super new Vette friends! As Steve indicated, the hummer ride was a true E ticket ride. Took a while to get my stomach to return to normal.
We are looking forward to a "2nd annual" next October :hat :hat :hat
Hope to see you all soon at a future event :seeya :seeya :seeya
Old 10-08-2001, 02:30 PM
Red Beach Vettes
Advanced

Hey, Vettedstr, great to meet ya!!!!!!!!!!! What a car you have!!!!!!!!!!!!
Could you post the video you took of us coming up Hwy1????????

Thanks
Old 10-08-2001, 05:06 PM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

CA Events Coordinator

Default Re: TRCC Pismo Weekend Pix (Red Beach Vettes)

Gary, I could post that Video... but the MB it would take to download it would prob kill my computer! :( Tell you what... I will make you a VHS copy and mail it to you... just send me an E-mail with your address ok?

Old 10-08-2001, 07:56 PM
Red Beach Vettes
Advanced

You got mail! Thanks so much....... this is way to cool :hat :hat ;) ;)
:seeya :seeya
Old 10-08-2001, 09:47 PM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

CA Events Coordinator

I just made your VHS tape with the Caravan coming into Lucia and I also threw in 14 min of Bonus footage that I think you might like. :eek:

Once I get done working tomorrow I will stop by the Post office to send it to you.

Old 10-08-2001, 10:12 PM
Red Beach Vettes
Advanced

Wow, that's fast! Can't wait to see it

Thanks again, so much :seeya :seeya :seeya
Old 10-08-2001, 10:20 PM
BobG
Race Director

Received 3,572 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Mary,
thanks for the pics....I'll try to get ours uploaded soon.

I too wanted to echo my thanks to all of those who worked so hard to make this an OUTSTANDING event! My wife Kathy and I had an absolutely great time not only meeting everyone who went, but all of the activities were well planned and very much top notch. Those who were not able to make it really missed a great time. It is truly unfortunate that the beautiful antelope valley doesn't have anything even close to the beauty of the central coast, so it would be hard to equal the generous hospitality of our hosts this past weekend!!

We hope to be fortunate enough to attend future events such as this. My internet challenged friend and neighbor George also wanted me to let you know he and his wife Judy had a great weekend too

Thanks again to everyone!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Bob and Kathy
Old 10-08-2001, 10:21 PM
BobG
Race Director

We are looking forward to a "2nd annual" next October :hat :hat :hat
That will be great...count us in...

Thanks again,

bob
Old 10-09-2001, 11:51 AM
DAWS C5
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: TRCC Pismo Weekend Pix (BobG)

First off I want to add my thanks to Gary for setting this up. What a great time we had. And to Phil and Larry for their contribution. The TRCC know how to put on a party for sure (and they even allowed some 'mistakes' to participate) :cool:. Since others have described the main events, I'll add some comments on the Hummer ride on Sunday. What a blast! About a 90 minute ride over the sand dunes of Pismo - in a Hummer convertible! The pics don't really do it justice. Picture driving over huge dunes at 50 mph :eek:, then driving down a 40% side slope (yes, we're driving across the side of a 40% slope) :eek::eek:, then up and over a 60% grade :crazy: .

This first picture is taken by shooting up out of the roof of the Hummer over the roll bar as we drive down and across a 60% downgrade :eek:. You can see the top of the passenger door at the bottom. Believe it or not, what you're seeing is the valley bottom where we'll be in a few seconds (still right side up I hope). I kid you not!

The second picture is taken from the valley looking up at the peak of the dune, again over the roll bar and top of the passenger door. About a 60% grade. We made the loop you can see. And the tracks going across the grade :eek:. And we did these stunts for over an hour! All I can say is WOW. :D You gotta try this some day. :yesnod: :yesnod:

More pictures from the weekend and the Hummer ride are at: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/dawson_m/...+10-01&.view=t

You can check out the tour company at http://www.pacificadventuretours.com

Thanks again everyone. :seeya
Old 10-09-2001, 12:19 PM
User111
Melting Slicks

Default Re: TRCC Pismo Weekend Pix (DAWS C5)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Dawson!!!! Yikes....good thing you didn't go to brunch until AFTER that ride! :yesnod: Great pix!

Get notified of new replies

To TRCC Pismo Weekend Pix

Old 10-09-2001, 02:01 PM
Red Beach Vettes
Advanced

Just a few of the better photos that I took
Old 10-09-2001, 02:09 PM
CALVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: TRCC Pismo Weekend Pix (DAWS C5)

Dawson,

Great shots, I'll be you had one hell of a rush as you drove over the edge.
Old 10-09-2001, 03:38 PM
BobG
Race Director

Default Re: TRCC Pismo Weekend Pix (CALVette)

Yes, great shots!! If you think that's an e-ticket ride, you should get a ride in a sand rail..... We used to wheelie up and down those dunes, throwing out a nice rooster tail of sand....ahhh...the good old days when we were young and the ground sure seemed a lot softer than it is now... Be careful though...once the "sand bug" bites it's nearly as addictive as the corvette one...and I can assure you, it's just as expensive..

Glad you had a good time playing in God's sandbox..

bob

Quick Reply: TRCC Pismo Weekend Pix