Southern California Southern California

Pacific NorthWest Owners Attention

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 04:50 PM
ZR1Doug
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacific NorthWest Owners Attention

I am organizing a little run to Whidbey Is on Sept 23 for the BC Corvette Club. Any forum members interested in meeting up you are most welcome. Not sure of the exact route but definitely going to the winery ;)
Email me at my office norcom@vancouverbc.net if you would like to go and I will give you the details.
AND THAT MEANS YOU BRENNAN!!!!!!!!!
Look forward to see lots of you guys again
Doug.
Old 08-22-2001, 07:01 PM
FineC5
Pro

Default Re: Pacific NorthWest Owners Attention (ZR1Doug)

I was in the group that went last year and I touched base with some folks with the Majestic Glass group at the Seaview Corvette Show a week or so back that did the 'roadwork' on the run last October ...The interest is there for another cruise with both the Seattle Corvette Marque and the Majestic Glass clan plus any forum folks out wanting to get into the rumba line of Vette's getting on the ferry to Clinton and beyond.... :seeya
Old 08-23-2001, 12:32 PM
ZR1Doug
Instructor

Default Re: Pacific NorthWest Owners Attention (FineC5)

I was there too FineC5 and we had a great time which is why I am trying to get this going again. Maybe you could contact some of those people in the Seattle area and see if they are interested. :smash:
Old 08-23-2001, 10:15 PM
Rainy99
Drifting

OK OK!!! ha! I will put this on my calender. I have been so fricking busy this summer I have been slacking in my Corvette duties. Plus the Z is keeping me busy as well. Doug, did you get my email? I will get the word out on the forum and on the separate lists that I am apart of.

Let me know what I need to do. Let me know if the clubs are interested as well.
Old 08-24-2001, 01:49 PM
ZR1Doug
Instructor

Default Re: Pacific NorthWest Owners Attention (Rainy88)

Hey Rainy,
We need to discuss where the best place for us all to meet is. I guess at the ferry dock where we met before but maybe we could meet at Langley and it might be closer for us, but you know that better than me.
Email me directly and let me know where we should meet and how the organizing at your end is going
Old 08-24-2001, 02:32 PM
Rainy99
Drifting

Doug, you have mail at your work account
Old 08-24-2001, 04:42 PM
FineC5
Pro

I talked to Ron Tellis (Majestic Glass) and Tim *** (Corvette Marque/Seattle) ....a.k.a TAC in the forum about the possibility of doing it again ...I checked the events calendars and it looks like a free weekend so maybe we can get this together .....do we have the interest from any other Northwest forum members ???? :eek: :crazy: :chevy
Old 08-24-2001, 04:53 PM
Rainy99
Drifting

I am going to post a few messages on a couple of lists that I am apart of. So hopefully that will help. And getting the local Clubs together is real important for turnout.

We need to post on the C4 and C5 section and keep it alive. I don't think a lot of people check this section of the forum out very much. At least the PNW's do not.

Brennan
Old 08-25-2001, 02:45 PM
Airborne
Drifting

Hey guys! Sounds great... I'll be checking the calendar ASAP!

Last year's cruise was very :cool:
Old 08-28-2001, 09:23 PM
SlowC5
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Pacific NorthWest Owners Attention (Airborne)

What's the plan?

SlowC5
Old 08-29-2001, 07:42 PM
SlowC5
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Pacific NorthWest Owners Attention (SlowC5)

No plan? :(
Old 08-29-2001, 10:23 PM
TAC
Drifting

I talked to Ron Tellis (Majestic Glass) and Tim *** (Corvette Marque/Seattle) ....a.k.a TAC in the forum about the possibility of doing it again ...I checked the events calendars and it looks like a free weekend so maybe we can get this together .....do we have the interest from any other Northwest forum members ???? :eek: :crazy: :chevy
I'm down for it... I'll also bring it up at our 9/8 General Membership meeting. It's gonna be tough to match last year's cruise but we'll work at it. :hat
Old 08-30-2001, 12:48 PM
Gary6699
Advanced

Default Re: Pacific NorthWest Owners Attention (TAC)

TAC - where have you been all summer ??? Am planning on joining the cruise on the 23rd, so will look forward to seeing you.
Gary...

Save the :seeya
Old 08-30-2001, 02:53 PM
Rainy99
Drifting

Default Re: Pacific NorthWest Owners Attention (Gary6699)

Things are still being worked on. So no worries

Right now I think the current plan is to meet in Langley on Whidbey Island. Last year we all got on the same ferry by luck and I doubt it will happen again.

Things that still need to be worked out are places to stop for food and places to take pics or hang out for a bit or... So stay tuned!!

***TAC: Let me know what the outcome of the meeting on 9/8. Also, who is a good contact at Majestic? Email me privately. Thanks!

Brennan
Old 08-30-2001, 02:56 PM
SlowC5
Burning Brakes

No cruise in between now and the 23rd??

Can't let the nice weather slip away...

SlowC5
Old 08-31-2001, 12:03 AM
ZR1Doug
Instructor

That is the first open date for us up here. We have Indy this weekend, the BIG Langley Cruise-In the next weekend and another car show the following weekend. If any of you are interested in a nice drive up here the Langley Cruise-In on Sept 8 is the second largest car show on the west coast after Hot August Nights. There should be at least 3,000 cars this year.
But as far as the Whidbey Is cruise, Brennan is looking after the US contingent (just appointed) and I am looking after the Canucks. Brennan and I with some help from others will arrange the route etc. but one stop for sure will be the winery.
Anyway stay tuned.
Doug.
Old 08-31-2001, 12:34 AM
TAC
Drifting

Default Re: Pacific NorthWest Owners Attention (Gary6699)

TAC - where have you been all summer ??? Am planning on joining the cruise on the 23rd, so will look forward to seeing you.
Gary...

Save the :seeya
Nice to hear from you eh! :D It's been a long hot summer. After Missoula we had great fun down in Medford,OR. We had water fights on the jet boats and I met my first fellow Callaway TT owner--Turbocat. I got nabbed for doing 10 over on the way back, though. :cry I wasn't paying atttention to my radar detector. We just got back from Yellowstone this week. That makes 3 for 3 on these trips where the temp got into the 90s. You'ld think we would learn not to drive highway with the top down at those temps but we just keep doing it. At least this time I let an Audi turbo be my front door and it paid off nicely. I got to watch him get nailed. :jester Looking forward to seeing you and all other Canadian vetters.

Get notified of new replies

To Pacific NorthWest Owners Attention

Old 08-31-2001, 12:39 AM
TAC
Drifting

No cruise in between now and the 23rd??

Can't let the nice weather slip away...

SlowC5
Well...there is this planned cruise. There may be problems finding a hotel at this late date but you could call Rick or email him to see what your options are. This will be our first time on this tour but it's an annual CMCS event.

September 15-16 Cascade Loop Tour 2001
Tour includes a stop in Leavenworth for lunch and overnight stay in Winthrop with BBQ. Return route over North Cascades Highway. Info: Rick Milsow at (425) 486-2309 or rickm@hearthstone.org

[Modified by TAC, 8:40 PM 8/30/2001]
Old 08-31-2001, 12:42 AM
TAC
Drifting

Things are still being worked on. So no worries

Right now I think the current plan is to meet in Langley on Whidbey Island. Last year we all got on the same ferry by luck and I doubt it will happen again.

Things that still need to be worked out are places to stop for food and places to take pics or hang out for a bit or... So stay tuned!!

***TAC: Let me know what the outcome of the meeting on 9/8. Also, who is a good contact at Majestic? Email me privately. Thanks!

Brennan
You will get email shortly. I think if we use proper planning we can stage at the park in Mukilteo again and head for the ferry parking right as the current ferry leaves and all get on the same ferry. I will check out the schedule a little later.
Old 08-31-2001, 04:45 PM
MasterDave

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Hi guys, hey I missed the cruise last year but really want to go this time. Keep me informed please of times and where to meet up in the morning. I will be coming from Tacoma so I'll need to get the timing right. Maybe a cell # or something (e-mail). Thanks, looking foreward to it this time..... :cheers: :cool:

Quick Reply: Pacific NorthWest Owners Attention