Southern California Southern California

las vegas locals and memorial day visitors...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 12:29 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Default las vegas locals and memorial day visitors...

for whatever reason, the sticky thread never made it over to this forum but there is a charity cruise coming to las vegas this weekend. for more information, check this link: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...7&forum_id=103
i've spoken to the organizer recently and there have been arrangements made at saturn of henderson to clear off a portion of their lot for a gathering on monday. the dealership has agreed to donate $100 per corvette to cancer research for every car that shows up.
so if you live here or are going to be driving your corvette up to vegas for the long weekend, please make a note of this and come join us.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:58 PM
VegasRed2001
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clutchdust
for whatever reason, the sticky thread never made it over to this forum but there is a charity cruise coming to las vegas this weekend. for more information, check this link: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...7&forum_id=103
i've spoken to the organizer recently and there have been arrangements made at saturn of henderson to clear off a portion of their lot for a gathering on monday. the dealership has agreed to donate $100 per corvette to cancer research for every car that shows up.
so if you live here or are going to be driving your corvette up to vegas for the long weekend, please make a note of this and come join us.
This sounds like fun. What time on Monday?
Old 05-25-2005, 04:17 PM
napacruzerc5
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Isn't there a Red and Black Corvette (Checkerboard) gathering this weekend in Vegas?
Old 05-26-2005, 01:59 AM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

haven't heard about the red and black thing but i've heard there's already alot of out-of-town vettes here for something. that must be what it is. anybody know someone who's a part of that group?
Old 05-26-2005, 11:28 AM
rm50
Melting Slicks

Received 202 Likes on 73 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

The Checkerboard (red & Black) Corvette show is at Buffalo Bills May 27 and 28. This show at the Saturn dealer sounds interesting on Monday. What Time?
Old 05-26-2005, 12:40 PM
sd7ss
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by
i've spoken to the organizer recently and there have been arrangements made at saturn of henderson to clear off a portion of their lot for a gathering on monday. the dealership has agreed to donate [u
$100 per corvette[/u] to cancer research for every car that shows up.
Again, is the dealer going to donate for all Corvettes that show up, or just those that are "officially" part of the tour from Atlanta? And, of course, what time should we show up at Saturn of Henderson?

Thanks
Old 05-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Janet Curran
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Anyone that plans on participating at the Henderson Saturn dealer on Monday and wants to come to Spring Mtn on Tuesday with the Voyagers, please let me know. I need a fairly accurate count. We will have parade laps, a talk with one of the instructors and let you know what is happening at Spring Mountain. Oh yes, I need the count because we plan on having refreshments.

Janet
Old 05-27-2005, 10:35 AM
VegasRed2001
Instructor

Anyone caravaning out from SoCal on Sunday?

I will be heading back to Vegas on Sunday morning and should be hitting Barstow sometime in the AM.

Does anyone know the time at Saturn of Henderson? If I can get that, I can pass the word to some Vegas Corvette owners.

Thanks,

John
Old 05-27-2005, 10:40 AM
Dunton
Instructor

Coming back from Utah on Monday morning from camping. What time is the show?
Old 05-28-2005, 11:21 AM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

here is a portion of the PM i recieved from the organizer. it should give you all the info you need. now let's see those vettes out there!
Saturn of Henderson and Jeff the finance manager there (CF member American_HP) has opened their facility to us on 5/30/05. The dealership has offered to host a meet and greet BBQ for the Voyagers followed by a check presentation to the cause…the BBQ and presentation is scheduled from 11:00 - 2:00 on the 30th. The dealership will provide a photographer and local media coverage (news papers, tv news, etc).

Get this…for the event, the dealership is clearing a large portion of their lot for us and has promised to donate $100 per Corvette that shows to the cause. I think that's awesome…So, get the word out, bring both your cars, call all your local Corvette buddies so we can get a huge donation.

Get notified of new replies

To las vegas locals and memorial day visitors...

Quick Reply: las vegas locals and memorial day visitors...