Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Brake Fest crew...need a head count!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2001, 10:31 PM
LakotasRose
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KNRVette made it down fine..had dinner with them...more are coming tonight and tomorrow from Myrtle Beach so a get together dinner is planned.
For those that want to attend...going to meet at the Hampton Inn at 6PM and head out from there.
I would like to know how many for dinner so I can make reservations at Sarangeti's (Queen's Landing).

Thanks!

Old 07-19-2001, 10:43 PM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 205 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Hi Rose! Wish I could make the dinner. Going to pick up my daughter at Girl Scout camp tomorrow and spending "Quality Time" with the family before I abandon them on Saturday for the show.

So I guess I'll see most of you at the Cracker Barrel Saturday morning at 6:00 am!

Mark

Old 07-20-2001, 12:20 AM
Daves90
Pro

Beings as I dont miss many meals! the wife and I would love to join everyone. Thats the Hampton Inn at exit 36 at 6??? Thanks for taking the time to organize us. Some of us need it more than others..just ask my wife.... on second thought..
Old 07-20-2001, 07:42 AM
LakotasRose
Race Director

QikStik....not a problem ...Understand! See ya Saturday Mornin!

Dave90.....Yes...when you get off at Exit 36 ..turn left onto Hwy 150.. get over into the FAR right lane..... cause you are gonna be making a right turn at the second light (there is a Texaco Station at the light) and there isn't a whole lotta time to do it in.
(actually if ya Know where the Cracker Barrel is ..you got the right road....Hampton Inn is just past the entrance to it. )

Aaaaawwww Shucks....*blushin*......Tain't nuthin!
Wasn't MY idea ..just doin what I can to help!

Old 07-20-2001, 08:29 AM
Alchemist
Race Director

NC Events Coordinator

...ummmm....lessee....dinner on friday evening at one of my favorite resturaunts.... hmmmmmmmmmm....i dunno. I hear them "Corvette Folks" can get a little outta hand at times......

Old 07-20-2001, 08:35 AM
LakotasRose
Race Director

Originally Posted by Alchemist:
[B
...ummmm....lessee....dinner on friday evening at one of my favorite resturaunts.... hmmmmmmmmmm....i dunno. I hear them "Corvette Folks" can get a little outta hand at times......
[/B][/color]
HEY YOU!!!! *LOLOLOL* You ''resemble'' THAT remark! [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2001, 01:27 PM
Alchemist
Race Director

NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by LakotasRose:
[B
HEY YOU!!!! *LOLOLOL* You ''resemble'' THAT remark!
[/B][/color]
????? ????? Who? ME??? ????? ?????

[img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Alchemist (edited 07-20-2001).]
Old 07-20-2001, 02:46 PM
bobstoy
Drifting

Think I'll pass. Tell Ken and Ruthie that I have to many things in the fire now. We will be taking the cruise to Mt Mitchell tomorrow. Sorry
Old 07-20-2001, 02:51 PM
Alchemist
Race Director

NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by bobstoy:
[B
Think I'll pass. Tell Ken and Ruthie that I have to many things in the fire now. We will be taking the cruise to Mt Mitchell tomorrow. Sorry[/B][/color]
I'll pass on the message Bob! We'll miss ya.

BTW...are any of the other QCCC folks comming up for dinner??? I'm calling in the RSVPs at 3]00.
Old 07-20-2001, 02:59 PM
Daves90
Pro

Well as my luck runs...The wife has a business mtg at the house this am at 11.. So I get home from bein up since yesterday at 6pm and she needs me to run to the store.. no problem I'll just jump in the vette and run to the store. The car hasnt been out in a week soo what the heck.. I go to the store,,, start drivin back home and about 1 1/2 miles from the house...nomore motor.. I get out check all the fuses etc.. Sounds like it wants to start but it wont..So I walk home..Then I have to call my good buddy Jim who drops everything he is doing to his car to come rescue me (talk about humiliating!!) So with my FORD van we tow the car home and as Im crankin it Jim hears somethin clunkin in the distributor. SOO somethin must have let go even though the cap and rotor is brand new.. I havent even pulled it apart yet. So here it is almost 2 and I havent been to sleep yet and have to be back at work at 10. Moral of the story is I will have to meet you guys tomorrow and not for dinner.. Im not the best company right now anyway!..Besides I have to personally THANK JIM for rescueing me and thats a drag!! J/K Jim, Really thanks for comin to get me out of the middle of the road..! see ya'll tomorrow at the show.
Old 07-20-2001, 03:06 PM
Alchemist
Race Director

NC Events Coordinator

Dave...that DEFINITELY Sux!!! BUT...it's good to have friends you can count on...eh?

Atta boy Jim! Good Job!!!
Old 07-20-2001, 04:51 PM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Well thanks but Dave does not know I am sending him a bill for my time Anyway, Dave's misfortune rubbed off on me as well. I will not have the brakes done for the show tomorrow. I have been trying to rush all day but I don't want to mess this up and have to go out to dinner with the wife. See ya there sometime tomorrow.

Regards,

Jim

Old 07-20-2001, 05:25 PM
Alchemist
Race Director

NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Jim73:
[B
Well thanks but Dave does not know I am sending him a bill for my time ....
[/B][/color]
ROFLOL!!!! Whatta Pal!!!!

Ok Jim...ya do what ya gotta do...no problem. But ya know....ya COULD just HAPPEN to have a hankerin for some italian...and just HAPPEN to go up to Sarengeti's...and just HAPPEN to see us sitting in the back with a group of a dozen or so other vetters...and just HAPPEN to wanna sit with the gang... We'll all act "suprized". [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/wink.gif[/img] hehehehehehe

[This message has been edited by Alchemist (edited 07-20-2001).]
Old 07-20-2001, 11:55 PM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Would have loved to join you but the wife had already made plans. Hope you had fun and will see you at the show in the morning.

Regards,

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To Brake Fest crew...need a head count!

Quick Reply: Brake Fest crew...need a head count!