Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

[Misfits] Anyone ever go to the Toy Store in Largo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 10:34 PM
VolFan615
Yellow C3/C5
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06
Default [Misfits] Anyone ever go to the Toy Store in Largo?

I've been in the area on business and dropped by the Toy Store today to check out their vettes. I've passed by there before so took the time this time to check it out. Well as soon as they found out I wasn't there to shop I was treated like I had the plage. I tried to talk vettes and they just wanted no part of it. Anyone else had an experience like this?
Old 08-28-2003, 09:15 AM
yellowvette837
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03 thru'19
Tampa Events Princess
2015 C6 of Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

Default Re: [Misfits] Anyone ever go to the Toy Store in Largo? (VolFan615)

I've never been there.

Old 08-28-2003, 10:25 AM
torque91
Racer

I had an experience like that at Bill Heard in Nashville. I test drove a '94 Corvette. When I got back, I starting talking to the salesman about the things I didn't quite like (especially the fact that one of the service lights on the info panel was blacked out with a piece of electrical tape). When I mentioned working up some numbers, the salesman just said it sounded like I didn't like the car and wouldn't even take me inside to talk money. Doesn't sound like a good way to sell cars.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:30 AM
C4DC
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Seems like an accurate description. Prices are high for the cars, but most are nice and there's a pretty large selection (C4's). A couple of the guys there don't seem to know much about vette particulars (tire sizes on stock rims, and saying to me "these rims are off a ZR1" and they were 9.5"ers). They also seem to think that every vette is "rare" and will look all of the cars that were made that year with the same options to make it seem like a valuable investment to justify their price. They can/will also pull off the "typical used car lot" anticsas well.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:36 AM
beachcat
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't been by there in years, don't remember even talking to a salesman.
You would think they would want to talk shop, they might learn something about the vettes that could help them make a sale.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:49 PM
vetteflame79
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06
Default Re: [Misfits] Anyone ever go to the Toy Store in Largo? (beachcat)

I had the sane problem there.when I asked about a car, the salesmen said he did not have time for tire kickers. that was 3 years ago. I have not been back since. I am now looking for a c-4 and would not even consider them. taking a drive over to ROGERS CORVETTES in Orlando. heard it was a good place to buy a vette
Old 08-28-2003, 06:44 PM
seas3to5
Advanced

Default Re: [Misfits] Anyone ever go to the Toy Store in Largo? (vetteflame79)

Same thing here. When we were looking for are C4 we stopped there, to see what they had in stock. Drove up from Ft Lauderdale looked at what they had, the salesman was telling me that some junker was first class. Never repainted and never hit. Must have thought that I was born yesterday. After I told him that it was hit, and still had major damage. He stopped talking and walked away. I was still looking at what they had, but no one woulld even talk to me after that. Of course it was there lost. Went on to buy one down here in Ft Lauderdale, got a first class car at a fair price.

seas3to5 :cool:
Old 08-28-2003, 07:39 PM
BiZ
Le Mans Master

Default Re: [Misfits] Anyone ever go to the Toy Store in Largo? (seas3to5)

I personally would not buy a vette from there. Two of my friends have purchased vettes there in the past. Neither of them would buy from the Toy Store again.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:54 PM
VolFan615
Yellow C3/C5
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Well sounds like it wasn't just me. I also actually made the mistake of asking them if they ever logon to corvetteforum.com. They looked at me like what is the internet? :crazy:

[Modified by VolFan615, 7:55 PM 8/28/2003]
Old 08-29-2003, 02:37 AM
beachcat
Safety Car

In most cases, it's probably better to deal with the current owner of a vette that is being sold. I see places like the Toy Store as a convience store for some idiott who wants to buy a used vette real fast.IMHO
Old 08-29-2003, 09:14 AM
JR_VETTE
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Mid-TN Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default Re: [Misfits] Anyone ever go to the Toy Store in Largo? (torque91)

I had an experience like that at Bill Heard in Nashville. I test drove a '94 Corvette. When I got back, I starting talking to the salesman about the things I didn't quite like (especially the fact that one of the service lights on the info panel was blacked out with a piece of electrical tape). When I mentioned working up some numbers, the salesman just said it sounded like I didn't like the car and wouldn't even take me inside to talk money. Doesn't sound like a good way to sell cars.
The folks at Bill Heard are nothing but a bunch of crooks. Be glad you didn't buy that car. A friend of mine bought a 94 Z28 there (used). He brought it over for me to look at (before it was a done deal) and I mentioned that the catalytic converter was dented and that it could cause a problem one day. Well, he mentioned it to the sales guy, and he said they would make a note of it. 1 week later the convertor clogged up because the inside of it was all broken up. Well, they refused to do anything about it. My friend had to pay for a towing charge, repair, etc. He should have demanded for it to be replaced before closing the deal, so that is his fault, BUT he did mention it so Bill Heard should have covered it.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:54 PM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have contacted those dudes in the past. I traced my cars paperwork to that dealership and contacted them concerning history. It seems that someone bought my car there about 10.5 years ago. I emailed them asking if they had any further paperwork on it and their reply was that they destroy paperwork after 10 years. They seemed to act like I was bothersome to them.

[Modified by 74 vert, 9:58 PM 8/29/2003]
Old 08-30-2003, 08:05 PM
papawana
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,123 Likes on 321 Posts

I used to live close by the Toy Store...rip off artists...they do not know their cars...give bad info....they like to buy up north and attempt to sell the vehicle as a southern car...stay away from them
Old 08-31-2003, 11:06 PM
Beach Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

As most of the other posts, the help did not impress me much, do salesmen ever do? But it seems that they think they have the only game in town and price their cars accordingly. overpriced and not as rare as they think. :nonod:
Old 09-01-2003, 04:55 PM
7vettes
Race Director

Location: If I say it's safe to surf this beach ......then it's safe to surf this beach
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If it's the same outfit that had the Toy Store name in 1989, I was there while on the Left Coast looking at C1's and C2's. They had also operated a location in Lake Park (near West Palm Beach) for a short time during that period.

I was looking at a '65 Roadster that they said was "all original". The car was Maroon with Silver interior and it was plainly obvious that the interior had been spray-dyed and closer inspection revealed all sorts of problems and it was anything but original. But it was priced as an original. :bs
Old 07-09-2014, 04:07 PM
2vettefamily
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 62 Posts

Was there 2 weeks ago looking at a C4(89 6speed)that he got from auction after local Chevy dealer couldn't sell it. Sales guy with bad toupee started telling me how rare it was and that if I didn't buy it, I was crazy. I remember looking underneath and finding a great deal of rust, which he called " just a little surface rust". As I felt the need to run, he ended with "so, are you gonna give me the money or what?" I started to chuckle, thinking how I would never have the nerve to say something like that to a customer of mine. Needless to say, still looking(never again at Toy Store).
Old 07-10-2014, 08:41 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

OMG....talk about digging deep

Get notified of new replies

To [Misfits] Anyone ever go to the Toy Store in Largo?

Quick Reply: [Misfits] Anyone ever go to the Toy Store in Largo?