Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Trusted Corvette dealerships in lower Alabama area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 11:04 AM
3rdWish
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Trusted Corvette dealerships in lower Alabama area?

I know the word "trusted" and dealership in same sentence usually do not go together but my question is this. I am purchasing my C8 from MacMulkin, same as I did my C6 and doing museum delivery. So technically I do not have a dealership to use. Eventually, I'll have to take my car to one for possible recalls or other things I cannot do myself so I am looking for a trustworthy dealership that maybe one of you guys have used in my area that you have had good experience with. I have used Sandy Sansing in Pensacola, FL for a couple of things on my C6, but will not go back. Thought about Pete Moore in P'cola but when I found out they wanted $5K over MSRP for the C8, I would not consider them now if that's they way they do business. I know that doesn't mean their service dept. is bad but just leaves me wondering.

Pensacola, FL, Mobile, AL, Ft. Walton, FL, Destin, FL, Montgomery, AL and even some areas in Mississippi are well within my area. Any recommendations from anyone in my area?
Thanks in advance
Old 03-11-2020, 11:37 AM
BamaBlue
Advanced

Received 61 Likes on 18 Posts

I have 7 trucks in the Fort Rucker Area. We use Gilland Chevrolet in Ozark. I cant speak to their knowledge of corvettes but they are honest and dependable.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:31 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,106 Likes on 720 Posts

I probably wouldn't recommend Hendrick in Hoover. I took my ZR1 by trailer down on a Monday. They suggested I should have it there by noon and leave it with them for a transmission flush. I dragged the empty trailer back 100 miles to the house expecting to pick it up at least in the next day or two. I called that Wednesday to check on the progress and was told that it would be done by Friday morning. I got there at lunch and was told the tech had gone to lunch and would finish it up when he got back. At 3pm I was told that I would need to leave it with them overnight again. I told the guy I was tired of the run around and asked if the vehicle was driveable or if the tech had, indeed, drained the fluid. He admitted he had not even started on it. I told him to bring it around to my trailer. I brought the car the 100 miles back home after not having been touched for a week. It sat outside in the 100+ degrees the whole week. The service writer told me as I was leaving that they would be the only dealership certified to service the C8 in the state of Alabama. Personally, I doubt that seriously. I didn't bother to tell the guy that if they wanted my future business they should take care of the vehicle I currently own. BTW, an older couple heard my conversation with the service writer and volunteered to me that they had been waiting hours just for a battery replacement in their vehicle. They were being told the dealer didn't have one and would have to go get one. They weren't happy either.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:07 AM
CasualGuy
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you’re talking about the service side of things, I highly recommend Sandy and Bubba’s Milton Chevrolet in Milton, FL. Charlie Roberts is their Vette tech, and he’s always taken great care of me and my vehicles (previously a C6 GS and currently a Camaro ZLE). I don’t trust anyone else to work on my stuff. They are a small dealership, so sometimes you need to schedule a few days in advance (ask for Charlie as your tech when scheduling), but it’s worth it IMO.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:21 AM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,404 Likes on 1,019 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
I probably wouldn't recommend Hendrick in Hoover. I took my ZR1 by trailer down on a Monday. They suggested I should have it there by noon and leave it with them for a transmission flush. I dragged the empty trailer back 100 miles to the house expecting to pick it up at least in the next day or two. I called that Wednesday to check on the progress and was told that it would be done by Friday morning. I got there at lunch and was told the tech had gone to lunch and would finish it up when he got back. At 3pm I was told that I would need to leave it with them overnight again. I told the guy I was tired of the run around and asked if the vehicle was driveable or if the tech had, indeed, drained the fluid. He admitted he had not even started on it. I told him to bring it around to my trailer. I brought the car the 100 miles back home after not having been touched for a week. It sat outside in the 100+ degrees the whole week. The service writer told me as I was leaving that they would be the only dealership certified to service the C8 in the state of Alabama. Personally, I doubt that seriously. I didn't bother to tell the guy that if they wanted my future business they should take care of the vehicle I currently own. BTW, an older couple heard my conversation with the service writer and volunteered to me that they had been waiting hours just for a battery replacement in their vehicle. They were being told the dealer didn't have one and would have to go get one. They weren't happy either.
Yeah that's bullshit. I bet Lynn Layton in Decatur ends up certified shortly, they sell a good number.

Last edited by vader86; 03-12-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:07 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,106 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by vader86
Yeah that's bullshit. I bet Lynn Layton in Decatur ends up certified shortly, they sell a good number.
I was really disappointed with Hendrick at Hoover. Mel, at Lynn Layton, took a test ride with me in the ZR1 and did the complete triple flush for my A8 the last time. He did a good job and followed the latest TSB to the letter. If it gets any worse it is not his fault. I talked a friend into taking his ZR1 to Lynn Layton for the triple flush next month. GM really needs to monitor their dealerships better; make sure they are following latest procedures with the latest products and quit encouraging the paid liars of the dealerships in the service departments and on the sales floors.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:34 PM
BamaBlue
Advanced

Received 61 Likes on 18 Posts

My C8 deposit is at Lynn Layton.
The following users liked this post:
SouthernSon (03-12-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Trusted Corvette dealerships in lower Alabama area?

Quick Reply: Trusted Corvette dealerships in lower Alabama area?