Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Florida Corvette alignment shops

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 11:07 AM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts
Default Florida Corvette alignment shops

I have a '19 M7 Z that needs some alignment attention from a qualified an recommended shop. I have access to the CH-47960 alignment tool to set rear caster. I live in North Central Florida and none of the dealerships or "specialty" alignment shops around here (Gainesville) have the expertise to do a proper alignment to DSC specs.

If any shops in Jacksonville (North of me) or places like Orlando-Tampa, or even further south of me can do a top notch alignment, I am open to talking with them.

Suggestions sought - thanks!
Old 10-10-2019, 11:37 AM
Viking0728
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm looking for one in the Orlando area as well.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:56 AM
usrodeo4
Drifting

Received 701 Likes on 373 Posts

Have you tried contacting the Corvette Club of Orlando?
Old 10-11-2019, 09:35 AM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Just to re-state my original post, for me, it does not have to be Orlando, although Orlando is fine. It can be either North of me ( I am in Gainesville) or as far south from me as Tampa/St Pete/Fort Lauderdale. It shouldn't be so hard to get this done, but at least where I live, it seems to be.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:40 PM
patron1992
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

I live about two hours from Gainesville. I would suggest calling Sterling Chevrolet in Deland, Florida. They deal with a lot of corvettes. If they don't have the rear caster tool Stringray Bartow will, they are one of the biggest corvette dealers in Florida and are a sponsored vendor on here.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:49 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,686 Likes on 1,485 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

I can recommend a great alignment shop in Bradenton if you want to travel that far.

Old 10-12-2019, 10:51 AM
1stls7
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Webber in West Palm Beach , or look up Ernie Bellows
Old 10-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,088 Likes on 658 Posts

In Orlando, I highly recommend Robert aka @mrr23

He has been in the area forever and he is the best there is with Vette alignments. Sadly I have lost touch with him recently, but I would PM him. Last I talked to him he did not have the rear caster jig thingy but that was years ago. He has always treated everyone's vette right!

Last edited by Flame Red; 10-12-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:45 PM
Null Pointer
Exception ID 10T
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 506 Likes on 333 Posts

Try sending a PM to

eboggs_jkvl

he is a moderator on the c7 forums and is affiliated with one of the Jacksonville Corvette Clubs.

I haven't heard of any shops around JAX, but perhaps Mr. Boggs knows of one.
Good luck with your search.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:27 PM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Flame Red
In Orlando, I highly recommend Robert aka @mrr23

He has been in the area forever and he is the best there is with Vette alignments. Sadly I have lost touch with him recently, but I would PM him. Last I talked to him he did not have the rear caster jig thingy but that was years ago. He has always treated everyone's vette right!
Still don't have the caster measurement tool for c7. Personally, it's a minor thing needing adjusting on the rear.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:31 PM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by NineVettes
I have a '19 M7 Z that needs some alignment attention from a qualified an recommended shop. I have access to the CH-47960 alignment tool to set rear caster. I live in North Central Florida and none of the dealerships or "specialty" alignment shops around here (Gainesville) have the expertise to do a proper alignment to DSC specs.

If any shops in Jacksonville (North of me) or places like Orlando-Tampa, or even further south of me can do a top notch alignment, I am open to talking with them.

Suggestions sought - thanks!
If the car is lowered, it will most likely hit at the rocker panels under the door as I drive it on my lift. Other than that, I can do the alignment. From my understanding, the caster tool is just an attachmentto the steering knuckle to be able to read the angle of it. Never used it, so not that well versed in it. Read about it.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:22 PM
dbletap_ed
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Not sure how far you want to travel.

Eismann’s Corvette in Jupiter. I drive down from Treasure Coast.

eismannscorvettecenter.com
Old 10-14-2019, 05:26 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Try Advance Performance in Tampa http://advanceperformance.com/
Old 10-15-2019, 09:33 AM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MSG C5
I can recommend a great alignment shop in Bradenton if you want to travel that far.
Thanks, Bradenton is probably the closest to me of all the recommended shops so far. Can you provide me some contact information for them?
Old 10-15-2019, 04:14 PM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Null Pointer
Try sending a PM to

eboggs_jkvl

he is a moderator on the c7 forums and is affiliated with one of the Jacksonville Corvette Clubs.

I haven't heard of any shops around JAX, but perhaps Mr. Boggs knows of one.
Good luck with your search.
Thanks, checked out Jacksonville months ago, even checked with the local clubs - no Bueno.....
Old 10-15-2019, 09:00 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,686 Likes on 1,485 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Thanks, Bradenton is probably the closest to me of all the recommended shops so far. Can you provide me some contact information for them?
I thought the shop was in Bradenton, but it’s right over the county border in Sarasota. Tell him that Al from Skyway Corvette Club sent ya.

Last edited by MSG C5; 10-15-2019 at 09:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
McCarthy1986 (04-03-2022)
Old 10-15-2019, 09:18 PM
Null Pointer
Exception ID 10T
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 506 Likes on 333 Posts

Thanks, checked out Jacksonville months ago, even checked with the local clubs - no Bueno.....
I am not surprised. Lots of vettes around Jacksonville, but no indies work on them, just Chevy dealers. Good luck with your search. I'll probably end up taking mine to Orlando when the time comes, unless I can find something highly recommended in Daytona.

Get notified of new replies

To Florida Corvette alignment shops

Old 10-25-2019, 08:01 PM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MSG C5
I thought the shop was in Bradenton, but it’s right over the county border in Sarasota. Tell him that Al from Skyway Corvette Club sent ya.

Do you know if they are still in business? Called a few times last week and got no answer. Left voicemail several days ago and never received call-back?

Not sure why it is so hard to get someone competent to do an alignment on this car!
Old 10-30-2019, 10:23 AM
NineVettes
Burning Brakes

Default Further Updates - Shop To Do Alignment

So, thought I would post this update re my continuing search to find an alignment shop in Fl who is experienced with C7 Z alignments AND knows about/possesses the all important alignment tool to perform a proper rear caster alignment.

1. Multiple calls and VMS' to the shop in Sarasota over 10 days - never a call back.
2. Advance Performance in Tampa discussed this with me on the phone. They do C7 Corvette alignments, but have not done the rear caster alignment. They do not have the proper tools to do it, and after considering the cost of obtaining the correct tool to perform the rear castor alignment, have decided it was not an investment they wished to make.

Pretty sad the GM sells a performance vehicle that requires proper support from its dealers to perform a competent, complete alignment, and their dealerships within a few hours drive of me do not care enough to participate in the GM CH-47960 loan program. Nearly equally sad is that no performance alignment shop who provides C7 alignments is either aware of or has made the decision acquire the specialized to allow them to properly do a full alignment (including rear caster) on my 19 Z06.

Honestly, its sad that I have a "track model" car that is currently less stable at 120 MPH than my DD '16 Audi SQ5.

Makes me start thinking again about the possibility of switching into a '16 or '17 911 Turbo S. I can get tons of support for that car in Jacksonville - and a "certified" car will give me two years of warranty.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:13 AM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '15

So, thought I would post this update re my continuing search to find an alignment shop in Fl who is experienced with C7 Z alignments AND knows about/possesses the all important alignment tool to perform a proper rear caster alignment.

1. Multiple calls and VMS' to the shop in Sarasota over 10 days - never a call back.
2. Advance Performance in Tampa discussed this with me on the phone. They do C7 Corvette alignments, but have not done the rear caster alignment. They do not have the proper tools to do it, and after considering the cost of obtaining the correct tool to perform the rear castor alignment, have decided it was not an investment they wished to make.

Pretty sad the GM sells a performance vehicle that requires proper support from its dealers to perform a competent, complete alignment, and their dealerships within a few hours drive of me do not care enough to participate in the GM CH-47960 loan program. Nearly equally sad is that no performance alignment shop who provides C7 alignments is either aware of or has made the decision acquire the specialized to allow them to properly do a full alignment (including rear caster) on my 19 Z06.

Honestly, its sad that I have a "track model" car that is currently less stable at 120 MPH than my DD '16 Audi SQ5.

Makes me start thinking again about the possibility of switching into a '16 or '17 911 Turbo S. I can get tons of support for that car in Jacksonville - and a "certified" car will give me two years of warranty.
Yep, it's unfortunate that most shops don't want to spend almost $1000.00 for a digital inclinometer and attachment just to set rear caster on a c7. GM never cared about rear caster on any model until the c7. I looked into it as well, not going to spend that kind of money and take 5 or more years just to break even. It's such a minute thing, in the big scheme.

Last edited by mrr23; 10-31-2019 at 04:31 PM.