Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Service Recommendations in NOVA

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 07:59 PM
cpmatthew
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Recommendations in NOVA

Hello All,

I recently moved with my 2012 Grand Sport to Burke, Virginia. I'm looking for recommendations on where to take it for services. Trusted dealerships, favorite independent shops, etc.

Save the Wave,
Chris
Old 10-15-2018, 02:28 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Koons Chevrolet in Tysons used to have a great tech named Joe Malo. Unfortunately, he's left the Corvette world.

Cooper's Corvette in Triangle/Dumfries used to have an ace named Tom McGrath, who's gone to Koons Auto in Fredericksburg, VA. His son, Tommy, left the industry altogether. Cooper's now is a car dealership, only. No service.

For wheels and tires, I have personally used Skyline Automotive (in Baileys) on several occasions. Ben, and his manager, Nick, use the latest Hunter equipment, and have taken great pride in what they do. I just sent a customer there who was going across country, and he was more than happy - and their prices were reasonable.

For dealership type of service, several on the forum use Pohanka in Chantilly, and a few of our customers have used them for service, no problem.

Hope this is of help.
The following users liked this post:
cpmatthew (10-15-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 03:09 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,023 Likes on 1,057 Posts

For dealerships, folks in the Northern va Corvette Club like Paige Chevrolet (who is the club sponsor, so take that with grain of salt, but people seem to be happy).

For significant dealership work, I make the trek up to Criswell. Bit of a drive, but if you have any significant work done, Dina (service advisor) and the Corvette techs are great.

Every time I have a good experience at Pohanka, it is followed with a bad one the next time. In fairness, the Corvette techs seem to do a good job, but I know what can happen taking another car there, so generally avoid them.
The following users liked this post:
cpmatthew (10-15-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 02:02 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Received 1,630 Likes on 1,051 Posts

I recently found out that there are 3 vendors in Fredericksburg, Virginia that all have the state-of-art Hunter Engineering’s Revolution tire machine. This machine was specifically designed for ease of use in changing wide tire and easily handling custom/speciality wheels like found on the Corvette. This machine is a game changer and represents a state-of-the-art machine in the changing vehicle wide tires on custom/specialty wheels. Both Radley Chevrolet and Radley Cadillac each have this machine and they are just down the road. Express Auto also has this machine. I have had good experiences with Express Auto but not have been to Radley. Hope this info helps someone who needs to swap out tires or wheels on their rides.

Get notified of new replies

To Service Recommendations in NOVA

Quick Reply: Service Recommendations in NOVA