Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Charlotte NC Xpel

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 05:00 PM
Wilross3
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Charlotte NC Xpel

Anyone have any experience with "Exclusive Detail and Tint" in Charlotte?
http://exclusivedetail.com/xpel-3m-p...ilm-clear-bra/

Any other suggestions for a first class Xpel installer?

Thanks.

Bill
Old 02-21-2016, 09:04 AM
Deiger
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No experience with Exclusive, but very high recommendations for SunStoppers on Independence Blvd. It is out past Matthews. Ask for Gordon.

He did a great job on my removing my 12 year old clear bra on my Ferrari and re-installing a full front clip clear bra and a custom cut on on the tonneau cover.

Most recently did my GTR, also the full front clip. Full security cameras and alarm if you need to leave the car overnight.

Good luck!

Deiger
Old 02-22-2016, 08:56 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Deiger
No experience with Exclusive, but very high recommendations for SunStoppers on Independence Blvd. It is out past Matthews. Ask for Gordon.

He did a great job on my removing my 12 year old clear bra on my Ferrari and re-installing a full front clip clear bra and a custom cut on on the tonneau cover.

Most recently did my GTR, also the full front clip. Full security cameras and alarm if you need to leave the car overnight.

Good luck!

Deiger
Ferrari....GTR.......what about all the po folk ????
Old 02-23-2016, 07:46 PM
Deiger
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well with the money you have in your car and your expenses on it, I should bow down to you!!

As a side note, I only owned 1 car at a time. Wife's rule!!

Cheers!

Deiger
Old 02-24-2016, 08:49 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Deiger
Well with the money you have in your car and your expenses on it, I should bow down to you!!

As a side note, I only owned 1 car at a time. Wife's rule!!

Cheers!

Deiger
Hope is well my friend!
Old 02-24-2016, 11:03 AM
bonecrrusher
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I had the front end of my car wrapped with Xpel and Sunstoppers of Lake Norman - I have had no issue and it looks way better then the 3M competing product.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Wilross3
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bonecrrusher
I had the front end of my car wrapped with Xpel and Sunstoppers of Lake Norman - I have had no issue and it looks way better then the 3M competing product.
Thanks.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:05 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,997 Likes on 5,365 Posts

Exclusive detail did my car in December. I had the front fascia, front of hood/front fenders, mirrors, rockers/side skirts, lower door (from crease down) and rear quarters covered with Expel. I have aftermarket wide front mudguards on the car so there was no reason to do the area of the front fenders behind the front wheel wells. The area on the doors above the crease doesn't need covering since it is out of the line of fire for debris coming off the front wheels.
Will see how well Expel holds up at the beginning of April when I spend 3 days driving around VIR. Of course CMP is the real test for anything like Expel since the asphalt is so gritty.

Bill
Old 02-29-2016, 07:33 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pro Tint in Kannapolis
Old 03-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Jimnc
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 98 Posts

Does Sunstoppers use Expel kits or do they cut their own? I have read the kits don't wrap around the edges as well.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:36 PM
Jimnc
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Exclusive detail did my car in December. I had the front fascia, front of hood/front fenders, mirrors, rockers/side skirts, lower door (from crease down) and rear quarters covered with Expel. I have aftermarket wide front mudguards on the car so there was no reason to do the area of the front fenders behind the front wheel wells. The area on the doors above the crease doesn't need covering since it is out of the line of fire for debris coming off the front wheels.
Will see how well Expel holds up at the beginning of April when I spend 3 days driving around VIR. Of course CMP is the real test for anything like Expel since the asphalt is so gritty.

Bill
Bill,

How is the Xpel from Exclusive Detail holding up? Do you know whether they custom cut the panels or do they order precut kits?

thx
Old 06-22-2016, 11:48 AM
bonecrrusher
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I just had a fender wrapped at Sunstoppers of Lake Norman - I think they switched to a new product line.

Get notified of new replies

To Charlotte NC Xpel

Quick Reply: Charlotte NC Xpel