Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Buyavette??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Buyavette??

Has anybody bought a vette from them? They seem fine but pricey as far as asking prices.
Can you negotiate with them?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Daddyrama31
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kingman
Has anybody bought a vette from them? They seem fine but pricey as far as asking prices.
Can you negotiate with them?

Thanks
Yes you can. They are good people over there!
Old 07-03-2014, 03:26 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Bought a 72 LT-1 there last year. Good people. The owner reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield, but he's a good guy.
Bought my car from David On.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Default Salesperson

Hi

The person I am dealing with seems to be a nice guy until he asked me to look at his computer screen to see what they paid for the vette. I was going to laugh in his face but figured that was the game he played especially when I am trading in my 02.
They play games while giving you more on the trade and adding it to the price of the one being bought.

It is all mental masturbation.

What I am trying to figure out how far they move as a basis.

Thanks
Old 07-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

I also bought my car from David Ahn. You're right, they move the trade in and the price of the car in close relative fashion. Get more on one, pay more on the other. There was some give when I got mine, but not a ton. Car was what I wanted in the condition and with the number of miles, so I bought it.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Sox-Fan
I also bought my car from David Ahn. You're right, they move the trade in and the price of the car in close relative fashion. Get more on one, pay more on the other. There was some give when I got mine, but not a ton. Car was what I wanted in the condition and with the number of miles, so I bought it.
You are 100% correct a thousand or two is not going to make the difference.

Thanks for the reply
Old 07-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Tick !
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are good guys. I was going to buy a car from them but a private sell came up that was a perfect fit for me. The had about 10 low mileage C5Zs when I was there a couple of weeks ago. Drove a C5Z and a C6 Z51. They really know their vettes Patrick is a great sales guy.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:07 AM
truckplay
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

a buddy of mine bought his car from them. He had a good experience let me know if you need a referal.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Default Referral

Originally Posted by truckplay
a buddy of mine bought his car from them. He had a good experience let me know if you need a referal.
Hi

I am already working with a sales person trading in a pristine 02 for a c6 but I am sure it is not in the same condition which I have to get over

Thanks
Old 07-12-2014, 09:57 PM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Bought my '93 Ruby from them 7 years ago. I still have it. It's been a great car. Jody Warlaw was my salesman (he's no longer there).
Old 07-13-2014, 09:05 AM
dauis2
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my 2000 Arctic White convertible from them a few months ago. They were very easy to deal with and were willing to talk about what I was looking for and let me test drive as many as I wanted. They also fixed things that came up after I bought it (nothing major). However, the shop was not very organized as I had to take it in three times to get everything done, but it was a little hard to get mad when they didn't probably have to fix them.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:31 AM
meine96ws6
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had purchased a C5z, they didn't disclose the accident the car had been in (passenger rear, qtr panel damage) until after I ran the Carfax and brought what up what I found.
The accident paperwork & ticket was in the owners manual book, a long with previous owner details.
1.The cars front sway bar wasn't attached in the center. Only by the endlinks.
2.The plastic trim over the driver's window was broken near the mirror. (Refuse to fix for asking price.)
3. The car ended up leaking really bad in the rain, ruined the headliner, floor boards had sitting puddles.
4.The center caps didn't match, and the brakes pads were near the end of their lives.
5. I drove 5 hours to pick up the car, trailered it home and discovered a lot when I looked at it at home.
6. Had a chance to speak with the previous owner, (great honest guy).
He provided me receipts to all the work done to the car. THE RPM REAR BUILT DIFF WAS NO LONGER ON THE CAR.
7. The rear sway bar bolts were stripped out in the rear cradle. I had to repair
8. The car burned a lot of oil, 1.5 quarts easily between oil changes.

So I hated discovering, that they quickly move trade ins without "really" inspecting them thoughly.

Fast forward 2 years, C5z is gone..and went to look at their Yellow C6z with around 76,xxx miles.
The motor blew during a test drive, oil everywhere, and motor completely locked up 5 minutes into driving. (Car wasn't even at operating temperature). And wasn't driven hard AT ALL! They picked up the car, and I walked away.

Be VERY careful, inspect the car yourself as well, run all the reports you can. If you have any questions pm me.

Hope that helps, i am just giving you a heads up

Last edited by meine96ws6; 07-14-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Buyavette??

Quick Reply: Buyavette??