Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Corvettes for the Vets - Williamsburg Winery, VA May 25 Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Corvettes for the Vets - Williamsburg Winery, VA May 25 Sunday

UPDATED 4 Apr: the online sign-up for the 50s/60s Sock Hop Dinner on Sat Night is now up and running at http://store.nexternal.com/wmbgstore...nner-p407.aspx. Sign up early as there are only 100 tickets available for this really fun event. Live band, good wine and a pig roast buffet, what more can you ask.

UPDATED 17 Mar.

The Colonial Corvette Club and the Williamsburg Winery are proud to announce the 4th Annual Corvettes for the Vets Show will take place Sunday, May 25, 2014 at the Williamsburg Winery in Williamsburg, Virginia. Proceeds will benefit the USO of Hampton Roads and Central Virginia and VFW Post 4639.

Last year we had 114 Corvettes representing every generation (C1-C6). This year we will have the C7 joining us, to include my Torch Red C7 . There will be a Kick-Off Dinner/Social Gathering at the Winery on Saturday night for all those who arrive early. The show will take place unless there is really bad weather . In that case, the rain date will be Monday, 26 May 2014. Occasionally, there has been rain early in the morning, but it has always cleared up before the show. Below you will find the flyers for the show, as well as, the schedule of events. The lunch this year is being provided by Carrabba's Italian Grill of Williamsburg.

I'm hoping to see a lot of returning Corvettes and Corvette Clubs, as well as, all of you that haven't made it before . We have a really fun time and plenty of good food and camaraderie (even good wine!!). You can go here to see pictures from previous shows.

For all you Forum vendors, we are looking for sponsors for the show to supply items for the goody bags and raffles, to set up a table to sell or even install your wares or to sponsor a banner for your company. Anyone interested in setting up a dyno? If interested in being a sponsor, send me a PM and I'll get you the information. I hope a lot of you can step up and support this event.

Online registration is now up and running at http://store.nexternal.com/wmbgstore...tion-p351.aspx. Meals ticket can be purchased at http://store.nexternal.com/wmbgstore...-vets-c31.aspx.

Moderators: Request this thread be made into a Sticky until 30 May 2014. Thanks.

Last edited by Buzzardz_vette; 04-04-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Vetinvett
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buzzardz_vette
The Colonial Corvette Club and the Williamsburg Winery are proud to announce the 4th Annual Corvettes for the Vets Show will take place Sunday, May 25, 2014 at the Williamsburg Winery in Williamsburg, Virginia. Proceeds will benefit the USO of Hampton Roads and Central Virginia and VFW Post 4639.

Last year we had 114 Corvettes representing every generation (C1-C6). This year we will have the C7 joining us, to include my Torch Red C7 . There will be a Kick-Off Dinner/Social Gathering at the Winery on Saturday night for all those who arrive early. The show will take place unless there is really bad weather . In that case, the rain date will be Monday, 26 May 2014. Occasionally, there has been rain early in the morning, but it has always cleared up before the show. Below you will find the flyers for the show, as well as, the schedule of events. The lunch this year is being provided by Carrabba's Italian Grill of Williamsburg.

I'm hoping to see a lot of returning Corvettes and Corvette Clubs, as well as, all of you that haven't made it before . We have a really fun time and plenty of good food and camaraderie (even good wine!!). You can go here to see pictures from previous shows.

For all you Forum vendors, we are looking for sponsors for the show to supply items for the goody bags and raffles, to set up a table to sell or even install your wares or to sponsor a banner for your company. Anyone interested in setting up a dyno? If interested in being a sponsor, send me a PM and I'll get you the information. I hope a lot of you can step up and support this event.

I will add information on registration as soon as it is finalized.

Moderators: Request this thread be made into a Sticky until 30 May 2014. Thanks.
Same date as Talladega, maybe next year.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Vetinvett
Same date as Talladega, maybe next year.
What's more important, Talledega or supporting our Vets?

Just kidding, enjoy Talledega.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Online registration is now up and running at http://store.nexternal.com/wmbgstore...tion-p351.aspx. Meals ticket can be purchased at http://store.nexternal.com/wmbgstore...-vets-c31.aspx. I've added this info to the original post.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Jig A Low
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hoping to make this with my '81 to show, we've got tickets to the Buffet concert the night before so we won't make the dinner. I'll be signing up in the next few days.

can't wait and I hope the weather is great for it.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Jig A Low
I'm hoping to make this with my '81 to show, we've got tickets to the Buffet concert the night before so we won't make the dinner. I'll be signing up in the next few days.

can't wait and I hope the weather is great for it.
All Parrot Heads are welcome to the car show. Enjoy the concert, I won't be able to make it, I'll be hosting at the dinner Saturday night. See you Sunday.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:38 AM
Jig A Low
Pro

should be good, this will be my first car show entry so it will be a learning experience for me. any tips for things to bring?
Old 03-17-2014, 12:52 PM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Jig A Low
should be good, this will be my first car show entry so it will be a learning experience for me. any tips for things to bring?
Remember to bring some detailing items. Also, a folding chair and some drinks/snacks, although you can buy some at the show. Don't forget your camera. There will be some pop-up tents set up where you can sit in the shade if it gets too hot. Bring some sun screen and bug spray just in case. There will be a large main tent where the lunch will be served by Carrabba's, along with other food vendors. If you order the wine and lunch option, you get to keep the commemorative wine glass, so have something like a towel to wrap it in to keep it from breaking on the way home. I'm sure others will have some recommendations as well.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:32 PM
dannydbloody
Intermediate

Just got my first vett. Maybe I'll make this the first event I go to since it's only 45 minutes away. Anybody know of any clubs in the Hampton roads va area?
Old 03-18-2014, 09:47 AM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Do you mean car clubs or night clubs? If car, then there is my club, the Colonial Corvette Club (Williamsburg), the Hampton Corvette Club (Hampton), and the Beachcombers Corvette Club (Virginia Beach). There used to be the Tidewater Corvette Club, but I'm not sure if that one is still active.

As for night clubs, I'm too old for to have much of a night life anymore.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:03 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,625 Likes on 1,744 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

What fun, would be worth the drive from Michigan I have some Friends down that way. might have to look at a fly in
Old 03-18-2014, 05:03 PM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
What fun, would be worth the drive from Michigan I have some Friends down that way. might have to look at a fly in
Come on down and join the fun. Go get a C7 too. You won't regret it.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:04 PM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
Come on down.........I should have at least 2 of mine there
Old 04-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

OP updated with the sign-up link for the Sat night dinner.
http://store.nexternal.com/wmbgstore...nner-p407.aspx
Old 04-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Less than a month to go. Please sign up early and we'll have your package ready for you at the gate.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:21 PM
dannydbloody
Intermediate

Looks like I'll probably try to make the trip. Anybody in the hampton roads area want to meet up and drive together?
Old 04-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by dannydbloody
Looks like I'll probably try to make the trip. Anybody in the hampton roads area want to meet up and drive together?
Where do you live? I'm in Yorktown and we have several members on the lower end of the Peninsula.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes for the Vets - Williamsburg Winery, VA May 25 Sunday

Old 04-29-2014, 07:47 PM
dannydbloody
Intermediate

Norfolk. On oceanview. A few minutes away from the hrbt
Old 05-01-2014, 11:55 AM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

What do you know? I also ought a vette not too long ago and I'm also looking at this event. I live in Norfolk, off military highway, we could drive up together
Old 05-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by RicardoFors68
What do you know? I also ought a vette not too long ago and I'm also looking at this event. I live in Norfolk, off military highway, we could drive up together
I'll be going early to help setup for the show. I'm sure there will be others leaving later for the show. Make sure to sign up on line soon so we can have your package ready for you at the gate. Also, don't forget the Saturday night Dinner and dance if you're interested. See you at the show.

Quick Reply: Corvettes for the Vets - Williamsburg Winery, VA May 25 Sunday