Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Speedway white Z06 in Orlando Florida

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Scorch
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Speedway white Z06 in Orlando Florida

Hello Floridians! Just wanted to see if anyone has had/heard any experiences with a dealer selling a vette that I'm looking at. Or even if the owner is on this forum or you know him/her.
Auto express enterprises
http://www.autoexpress4u.com/mobile/vehicles/1G1YY12SX15109479-2001-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06.htm
Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Ron C!
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 153 Posts

They are one of the small local used car lots. Given the address, it is one of many in that area. They seem to come and go. Probably a dozen just like them within a couple blocks.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Scorch
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ron C!
They are one of the small local used car lots. Given the address, it is one of many in that area. They seem to come and go. Probably a dozen just like them within a couple blocks.
Ok thanks. I'm on the plane so pending a test drive it'll be mine!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Scorch
Instructor

Didn't end up getting it due to some issues..all 4 wheels had curb rash, a 5 inch scratch on the rear quarter panel, nickel size dent, the driver side seat doesn't lock into place so when my wife drives it and she brakes or accelerates she slides forward and back, the passenger side visor was all messed up, missing paint on the driver side door handle, needs a headlight motor, the car was dirty, radio was missing the power button so a metal piece was sticking out. Seemed like too many little things. He lowered the price a little, but I still need more time to think about it at least.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Raiku898
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is probably wise. Hold out for the right one. It always bothered me when cars had tons of little things wrong. Makes me worry about the big things
Old 10-12-2013, 07:21 PM
dogboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a "run away from it " deal. You have to wonder why a nice machine like that gets destroyed.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:00 PM
Scorch
Instructor

Name:  image-479202292.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  310.3 KB

Scratches
Attached Images      
Old 10-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Scorch
Instructor

Well I was trying to post from the new app and add descriptions to the photos. Here are my pics in case anyone is interested in the car. Curb rash (all 4 wheels have something), small dent, glued center piece, the front bumper piece that says "Corvette" now has a chip in it (wasn't in their previous photos) , chip on drivers door, and the foggy tint on the passenger window. They did call me last week and said that they fixed the tint and the driver seat however while I was there negotiating they offered to send out the "lot boy with a razor blade" to fix the tint... So who knows how it was "fixed". Overall it was in decent condition for the age of the car, but without the right price it's not for me. Btw if you test drive it and are coming back with the Wawa on your right stay in the left lane! There is a monster dip in the road on the right side shortly after passing Wawa.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:32 PM
usgecko
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'14

I took a look at that car out of curiosity. Never test drove it but it looks like total crap from the outside. Suspect it probably leaks, the rear window seal was split in a couple of places. Front fender on passenger side doesn't line up with rocker panel, don't know if someone tried to jack it up wrongly but it doesn't look right. Sad because it has a mod red interior. Oh yeah an totally over priced.

Last edited by usgecko; 10-23-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Scorch
Instructor

I forgot to mention those too things, thanks. The passenger door also rubs the front fender when opening and closing. Add more to the list... Overall I thought the exterior was in decent shape, at least going based on the paint. Another SW I looked at had mismatched paint on the front and rear bumper. I have a friend who works in a body shop so that could be affecting my opinion as I can get it fixed for cheaper than normal. They called again yesterday to know my final answer not knowing that I already flew home. From the sounds of it, it will be on the lot another 5 months since they're not willing to negotiate. He says that it's rare because of the paint (they don't know about the interior). There's one in NY right now with roughly 30k miles and they're not letting it go for less than $30k. At that price range I would be looking at a C6 Z06, but there's a buyer for everything.

Last edited by Scorch; 10-23-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:40 PM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

looks like Goldenrod, I would buy anything in that part of town.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:30 PM
DonsLS1
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts

The guy that's owns the lot is my neighbor. He's had the car for about a year now. He showed it to me the day he bought it from the auction. If I'm not mistaken, he told me he paid $18000 or 19000 for it. I thought he overpaid for it due to the condition. From what I know of him, he's a very nice guy, but I know nothing of his business dealings.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:34 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

in the future ask someone to look for you before you "jump on a plane" tons of folks willing to do that for ya
Old 10-31-2013, 01:51 PM
Scorch
Instructor

Originally Posted by pewter99
in the future ask someone to look for you before you "jump on a plane" tons of folks willing to do that for ya
Well I was actually going down there for my Disney trip and it just so happened the Vette with 30 minutes from Disney. Obviously I would have someone look at it before just "jumping on a plane", but thanks.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:53 PM
Scorch
Instructor

Originally Posted by DonsLS1
The guy that's owns the lot is my neighbor. He's had the car for about a year now. He showed it to me the day he bought it from the auction. If I'm not mistaken, he told me he paid $18000 or 19000 for it. I thought he overpaid for it due to the condition. From what I know of him, he's a very nice guy, but I know nothing of his business dealings.
I would have been very happy with taking it for $19,000 as that would have given me enough to put back into the car to get everything fixed. One of the guys that I dealt with at the dealership told me that it was purchased for $21,000 and that was the lowest he would go. I would think if he's had it for a year now that he would really want to get rid of it.

Get notified of new replies

To Speedway white Z06 in Orlando Florida

Quick Reply: Speedway white Z06 in Orlando Florida