Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

*official 2014 corvette caravan info - Southeast forum info

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 01:11 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,504 Likes on 3,589 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default *official 2014 corvette caravan info - Southeast forum info

I am writing this on Behalf of our Florida Capt. Carrie Sue DeLeon reminding everyone it’s getting close to start making plans for a great vacation traveling the highways and by ways to Bowling Green Ky, home of the Corvette. I have planned an outstanding event as we travel to Ky. To get an idea of what this is all about please watch the video of past Caravans, and the excitement it brings, not just owning Corvette's, but meeting people from all over the country.
Sit back, ask the wife to watch the video, and after you get excited, just say the magic words to the wife, "ELVIS Graceland isn’t that far away, so maybe we'll drop by there to checkout the Kings home." It worked for me.

Here is our Florida website, giving vital information, and what I have in store for everybody.
http://nationalcorvettecaravan.com/fl/

The next link gives you Hotel information in the area of Bowling Green.
http://www.corvettemuseum.org/regist...n/20info.shtml

Last important link is registration for the Caravan.
http://www.corvettemuseum.org/regist...stration.shtml

The Homepage, please register to get information, about what is happening with Caravan.
http://www.corvettemuseum.org/regist...stration.shtml

If you have any questions please e-mail for any concerns.
cdcat6@aol.com
Old 08-28-2013, 11:05 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

If you where thinking about going I hope you made your hotel reservation by now, but don't give up if you hear there full. It's early and people will cancel, also clubs have blocked out room for there club members, which will open has the date gets closer.
Don't give up hope. Has for me, I plan on being there, and right now have no room, but month prior I always get a room.

Hope to see you all your smiling faces at the Museum.

Please remember to register for the Caravan by calling the Museum or at there website.

Last edited by 1bdvet; 08-28-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:38 PM
DennisC5
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Team Corvette of Birmingham will host the Gulf States 2014 Caravan Headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama. This leg of the Caravan, originating in Texas, takes in the south Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida panhandle and Alabama. Our Captain is Glenn Johnson. You will be with us in Birmingham for 2 full days. We have several side trips planned including Talladega and Barber Motorsports Park. Much is also planned for the ladies, shopping and sightseeing. We will all meet where the 2013 Hot Rod Power Tour came through earlier this year at the Met in Hoover. Huge paved area, ideal for everyone to park together by clubs and etc.
The Host Hotel in Birmingham is the Marriott 280. Several Hotels in the area adjacent to the host Hotel. Everything is close to the Interstate for your added convenience. See Yall Soon!
www.teamcorvetteofbirmingham.com
Old 02-12-2014, 07:47 AM
2vetteEd
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdvet
If you where thinking about going I hope you made your hotel reservation by now, but don't give up if you hear there full. It's early and people will cancel, also clubs have blocked out room for there club members, which will open has the date gets closer.
Don't give up hope. Has for me, I plan on being there, and right now have no room, but month prior I always get a room.

Hope to see you all your smiling faces at the Museum.

Please remember to register for the Caravan by calling the Museum or at there website.
Listen to this guy! He's the luckiest guy I know.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:40 AM
DennisC5
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Hotel Rooms

Team Corvette of Birmingham has a room up for raffle in Bowling Green. Hilton Garden Inn for 4 nights, Check in August 27th check out 31st Sunday AM. Tickets are 25.00 per. This raffle benefits the NCM. Our Caravan Captain, Glenn Johnson will draw the winning ticket July 4.
More information for tickets, email us at teamcorvettebham@aol.com
www.teamcorvetteofbirmingham.com
See you in Bowling Green...
Old 04-05-2014, 12:02 PM
desue
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Any tips for a first-timer? I am very excited about this even though we only live about two and a half hours away. (Western Ky-near Paducah-Long enough drive for an old C3)

Last edited by desue; 04-09-2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: because I'm a dummy sometimes....
Old 04-08-2014, 06:45 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

U.S. Air Force
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by desue
Any tips for a first-timer? I am very excited about this even though we only live about an hour an a half away. (Western Ky-near Paducah-Long enough drive for an old C3)
Since you live there, you can tell me of all the great places to visit. Only thing I can tell you bring camera, and some good walking shoes, have fun.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:07 AM
desue
Pro

Originally Posted by 1bdvet
Since you live there, you can tell me of all the great places to visit. Only thing I can tell you bring camera, and some good walking shoes, have fun.
Hum...lots of nature. Mammoth cave is high on my list. They have different types of tours based of level of difficulty the best I remember. (I would wear jeans and bring a light jacket, it's quite chilly in those caves!) There are several caves in the area, one in Bowling Green (lost river?) you take a boat ride through. Haven't been on that one personally. There is a railroad/train museum in BG also that I've been meaning to go to. Beech Bend is an amusement park in BG. This may be out of the way for you but Cumberland Falls near Somerset, Ky is beautiful. (Somerset also has fairly large cruise-ins also.) Kentucky lake is practically in my back yard. I like going to the elk and bison prairie at LBL and to the dam to watch barges pass through the lock if you are that patient!
Sorry, not a whole lot of attractions around here. Do a search of Kentucky tourism and I'm sure you'll find something to do after you get tired of Corvettes.
Correction: I am about 2 1/2 hours away. Must have been half asleep that day!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:15 AM
desue
Pro

And of course a Corvette plant tour!

Get notified of new replies

To *official 2014 corvette caravan info - Southeast forum info

Quick Reply: *official 2014 corvette caravan info - Southeast forum info