Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Petit Le Mans

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 09:55 AM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default Petit Le Mans

So looks like we are going to Petit le Mans ( 1st time at that race) just curious if anyone from the central fl area is going ?
Old 08-06-2013, 12:36 PM
08velocity
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '13

ok to tag on to my post, I know the corvette corral is first come first serve, my question is we are buying our tickets like NOW ! if there are corral parking tickets still available and we get one, does that guarantee us parking in the corral ?
Old 08-06-2013, 01:09 PM
08velocity
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '13

anyone ?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:45 PM
sgmcneil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there 3 times. Never seen anyone turned away. You'll have a great time.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:58 PM
08velocity
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by sgmcneil
Been there 3 times. Never seen anyone turned away. You'll have a great time.
thanks !! just bought our tickets earlier today !! been to RA many times, never to a race one of my up coming B day presents from my spectacular wife !!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:30 PM
scvette2011
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not from Central Florida, but I have my tickets... I will be in the coral on Saturday. It's always a good time. You will have fun.

Last edited by scvette2011; 08-25-2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 AM
08velocity
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '13

cool, looking forward to the race, and meeting other cf peeps
Old 08-27-2013, 11:46 AM
08velocity
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '13

just curious, of coarse I know no one knows for sure, but what is the weather " usually like around this time of year for the race ?
Old 08-27-2013, 01:38 PM
bbster
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Petit Le Mans

We will be there all 4 days....
Old 08-27-2013, 05:45 PM
69monzacpe
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm not from FL but will be going. Last time I went (2 yrs ago) I drove up the day of the race in the early AM, and had no problem getting tickets and Corral parking. However, they are less expensive if purchased in advance!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Leftlane_1
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 08velocity
just curious, of coarse I know no one knows for sure, but what is the weather " usually like around this time of year for the race ?
Its hit or miss really. Ive been 5 times. I wont be in the coral as I like to camp in the same spot every year in the middle of the valley going from turn 3 to turn 5(you'll see my blue c5z parked on the side of the hill).

Few years ago it rained so hard that they cut the race by 5 hours. It usually rains atleast one day during the 4 day weekend. So if you are there all 4 days, better to prepare for rain. It may be sunshine all day saturday, it could be cold and windy, it could be rain all day. Just never know.

Regardless of it rains or shine, it WILL get chilly once the sun goes down. So make sure to have a jacket and possible even jeans to throw on. Trust me on this. lol
Old 08-28-2013, 09:30 AM
08velocity
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Leftlane_1
Its hit or miss really. Ive been 5 times. I wont be in the coral as I like to camp in the same spot every year in the middle of the valley going from turn 3 to turn 5(you'll see my blue c5z parked on the side of the hill).

Few years ago it rained so hard that they cut the race by 5 hours. It usually rains atleast one day during the 4 day weekend. So if you are there all 4 days, better to prepare for rain. It may be sunshine all day saturday, it could be cold and windy, it could be rain all day. Just never know.

Regardless of it rains or shine, it WILL get chilly once the sun goes down. So make sure to have a jacket and possible even jeans to throw on. Trust me on this. lol
will definitley look for your Z, thanks for the info !! for real can't wait !!! having gone to Sebring for the first time this year now going to the last race is going to rock !! And all because I have an AMAZING wife !! Sebring was my Valentine's present and Petit , was one of my B day presents !!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Leftlane_1
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 08velocity
will definitley look for your Z, thanks for the info !! for real can't wait !!! having gone to Sebring for the first time this year now going to the last race is going to rock !! And all because I have an AMAZING wife !! Sebring was my Valentine's present and Petit , was one of my B day presents !!
Lol. You do the same thing we so. My dad and I do Sebring and petite every year. IMO, Sebring is all about the experience and the history of being at that race. But petite is a great track to just sit and watch some good racing. Sitting at turn 3 to see them "hop" over the curb. Sitting on the hill at turn 5 "spectator hill" to see them snake thru the esses. Being down at turn 6 to basically reach out and touch the cars(closest part of the track you can stand next to). There's just so many advantage points to watch and get good pictures.

But don't be fooled, unlike Sebring being flat, road Atlanta is built in the country hills. So be prepared to get a workout walking around the track and going down the valley.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:47 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

i live about 8 miles from the track. It's a great race and lots of hills to walk so be prepared. The weather can range from very hot to very cool that time of year. The last 2 years the weather has been absolutely great. This year we're having more than our fair share of rain so keep a watch on the weather for our area. It's a great time to be had and lots of vendor stuff to see as well. All in all you'll have a great time.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:12 AM
08velocity
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '13

Oh yeah we know about the hills there, we have been at the track been there several times just never for a race. We went when Yearone used to have the show there. Can't wait !! and having done several parade laps, and hot laps on the track makes it even better !

Get notified of new replies

To Petit Le Mans

Quick Reply: Petit Le Mans