Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

What to do in Tullahoma TN?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 03:01 PM
man00dude
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default What to do in Tullahoma TN?

We have about 40 Corvettes cruising to the Lynchburg TN BBQ this OCT and are staying in two hotels in Tullahoma.

Besides going to the Lynchburg BBQ on Sat the 27th, what is there to do in Tullahoma?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Oleman
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Head into Murfresboro will not find much in Tullahoma
Old 08-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Silver99v6
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is almost nothing to do in Tullahoma...
Old 08-03-2012, 10:36 AM
MrWhan
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 3-4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I think the Jack Daniels distillery is in Lynchburg and they give tours.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:19 PM
bonecrrusher
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Pace00Jeep
I think the Jack Daniels distillery is in Lynchburg and they give tours.
They do - but no samples since its a dry county.

You can buy JD from there store - and its decently priced.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

I can probably give you some information about what there is to do in Tullahoma when it gets a little closer to the date, say about the first of October.

We have the South Jackson Civic Center (on South Jackson St.) which has some different kind of activity going on every month or so.

Right now, for instance, it's ‘Country’ celebrates 33 years.
Promising to be even better than ever, the 33rd annual “South Jackson Goes Country” raises the curtains beginning Friday, Aug. 10, for a two night, and one afternoon musical extravaganza at the South Jackson Civic Center. The Friday and Saturday night shows begin at 6 p.m., with food and beverages, musical talents, and cloggers entertaining outside before the warm-up show inside the theatre begins at 7 p.m.

The Sunday afternoon matinee has food, music, and cloggers as well beginning at 1 p.m. before the warm up show at 1:30 p.m. Show time for Friday and Saturday is 7:30 p.m., and the curtains rise at 2 p.m. Sunday afternoon for some of the greatest talents anywhere showing their love for the musical arts.
Two different area auto clubs each have about 2 car shows a year.

Be aware that I live in Tullahoma about 10 miles from the Jack Daniel Distillery in Lynchburg. If an emergency of some kind pops up while you folks are in the vicinity that I can help with, give me a call on my home phone or car phone, which I'll give to someone from that group via PM. I hardly ever carry my cell phone unless I'm going out of town. I'd rather not post those phone numbers in open forum.

As has already been observed, there's not a whole lot to do in Tullahoma.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:46 AM
man00dude
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09

Thank you so much. We are definitely interested. We are the Lookingglass Corvette club of Illinois, closer to the St. Louis Metro area is where most of our members are from. We will be going to the JD BBQ on Saturday Oct 27th during the day. Our plans are to find something to do do on Oct 26 late afternoon and into the evening and the same with Oct 27th (late afternoon and into the evening). Head back to Illinois on Sunday 28th morning.

I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

Thanks a bunch.

Manny

Originally Posted by JimTN
I can probably give you some information about what there is to do in Tullahoma when it gets a little closer to the date, say about the first of October.

We have the South Jackson Civic Center (on South Jackson St.) which has some different kind of activity going on every month or so.

Right now, for instance, it's ‘Country’ celebrates 33 years.

Two different area auto clubs each have about 2 car shows a year.

Be aware that I live in Tullahoma about 10 miles from the Jack Daniel Distillery in Lynchburg. If an emergency of some kind pops up while you folks are in the vicinity that I can help with, give me a call on my home phone or car phone, which I'll give to someone from that group via PM. I hardly ever carry my cell phone unless I'm going out of town. I'd rather not post those phone numbers in open forum.

As has already been observed, there's not a whole lot to do in Tullahoma.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:05 AM
man00dude
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09

Hey Jim,

We have close to 40 Corvettes that will Caravan to TN from Illinois. Maybe with all of our gang coming, you can find someone locally that will host a car cruise, and you can round up the usual local car entusiasts for a Friday night ( the 26th) car cruise locally in Tullahoma?

Thanks
Old 08-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by man00dude
Hey Jim,

We have close to 40 Corvettes that will Caravan to TN from Illinois. Maybe with all of our gang coming, you can find someone locally that will host a car cruise, and you can round up the usual local car entusiasts for a Friday night ( the 26th) car cruise locally in Tullahoma?

Thanks
Two different local car clubs. Let me see what I can find out. I responded to your PM. Repeat, there's not a whole lot to do in Tullahoma.

We do have an airport, and nearby, both a Beechcraft Museum and a Staggerwing Museum.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 08-04-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:57 PM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 245 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-13,'16-'17, '19

Originally Posted by bonecrrusher
They do - but no samples since its a dry county.

You can buy JD from there store - and its decently priced.
My club, The East Tennessee Corvette Club, did the Jack Daniels plant tour yesterday. They do now let you taste different blends of their whiskey.

Tom

Last edited by TCW; 08-05-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:44 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Beechcraft Stagger Wing museum is on the airport.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:41 AM
ZR1/Z06
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We went to Tullahoma in July for Middle Tennessee Corvette Club"s "Cruise Into Lynchburg". Had a great time, lot of very nice people with a new club. Tullahoma was nice with many good places to eat and a very Corvette friendly dealership. Stan McNabb Chevrolet. Stan McNabb and Trent McNabb brought a 1958, 1966 and a 2013 427 convertable to the show. They were very friendly and helpful to our group. Eddie Smith of MTCC is an other good contact for the area. George Dickel is the other distillery in the area. We will be returning for next year's show and will be staying in Tullahoma again.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Stan McNabb is Trent Mcnabb's father. Stan has had the local Chevy dealership for 32 years and they are great, especially their service department. Trent runs the dealership now. They organized the local Corvette Club. Although Trent's on vacation somewhere this week, I'm going to find out about the Corvette Club today and see what they want to do.

I'm also going to check on the Beechcraft museum today. They are open from 8:30 AM to 4 PM, Tuesday through Saturday, March through November.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:30 AM
man00dude
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by ZR1/Z06
We went to Tullahoma in July for Middle Tennessee Corvette Club"s "Cruise Into Lynchburg". Had a great time, lot of very nice people with a new club. Tullahoma was nice with many good places to eat and a very Corvette friendly dealership. Stan McNabb Chevrolet. Stan McNabb and Trent McNabb brought a 1958, 1966 and a 2013 427 convertable to the show. They were very friendly and helpful to our group. Eddie Smith of MTCC is an other good contact for the area. George Dickel is the other distillery in the area. We will be returning for next year's show and will be staying in Tullahoma again.
Thanks for the info
Old 08-09-2012, 10:37 AM
man00dude
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09

Stan McNabb is Trent Mcnabb's father. Stan has had the local Chevy dealership for 32 years and they are great, especially their service department. Trent runs the dealership now. They organized the local Corvette Club. Although Trent's on vacation somewhere this week, I'm going to find out about the Corvette Club today and see what they want to do.

I'm also going to check on the Beechcraft museum today. They are open from 8:30 AM to 4 PM, Tuesday through Saturday, March through November.
Hey Jim,

Maybe we can get the dealer and the local Corvette club to have a big Cruz'in Party.

We will be bringing in about 40 Corvettes.

Set the part up for either that Friday or Saturday (late afternoon/evening for either day).

Manny

Last edited by man00dude; 08-09-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey Jim,

Maybe we can get the dealer and the local Corvette club to have a big Cruz'in Party.

We will be bringing in about 40 Corvettes.

Set the part up for either that Friday or Saturday (late afternoon/evening for either day).

Manny
I got a phone call from both the dealership manager (Trent) and the local Corvette club president (Harry Britain) yesterday (Sat.). They are going to host a cruise in, at the dealership I think. They should be contacting you soon, either by phone or email. They know you're going to have about 40 Corvettes. They did host another cruise in last month for some Vettes going to Lynchburg.

Don't know how many are in the local Corvette club, but there are about 13 members of this forum from Tullahoma. The local club will be having their monthly meeting this coming Monday night at the dealership, so I'm sure they're going to discuss the cruise in.

For sure, I'll see you folks at the cruise in.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Here are links to a map of Tullahoma and a map of Coffee County.

The I-24 exit to Tullahoma & Lynchburg is 111. State highway 55 runs from the 111 exit through Tullahoma and to Lynchburg. Manchester and Tullahoma are both in Coffee County.

Jackson St. is the main street in Tullahoma and the McNabb Chevy dealership and several restaurants are on North Jackson St. The 2 hotels you're staying in are probably on North Jackson St.

http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/Maps/city/tullahoma.PDF

http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/Maps/county/co16.pdf

Get notified of new replies

To What to do in Tullahoma TN?

Old 08-12-2012, 04:57 PM
man00dude
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09

Thanks Jim,

The main gal planning this event was staying in Tullahoma last year when they went to the Lynchburg BBQ. She knows her way around which is helpful too.

Here are links to a map of Tullahoma and a map of Coffee County.

The I-24 exit to Tullahoma & Lynchburg is 111. State highway 55 runs from the 111 exit through Tullahoma and to Lynchburg. Manchester and Tullahoma are both in Coffee County.

Jackson St. is the main street in Tullahoma and the McNabb Chevy dealership and several restaurants are on North Jackson St. The 2 hotels you're staying in are probably on North Jackson St.

http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/Maps/city/tullahoma.PDF

http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/Maps/county/co16.pdf
Old 08-13-2012, 09:20 AM
tampatopless
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We have about 40 Corvettes cruising to the Lynchburg TN BBQ this OCT and are staying in two hotels in Tullahoma.

Besides going to the Lynchburg BBQ on Sat the 27th, what is there to do in Tullahoma?
Cow-tipping?
Old 08-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tampatopless
Cow-tipping?
SSShhhhhhhhhh, that's a closely-guarded secret.

Quick Reply: What to do in Tullahoma TN?