Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Charlotte Cars and Coffee March Event - postponed. Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 AM
MC36
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charlotte Cars and Coffee March Event - postponed. Please Read!

Fellow Cars and Coffee participants*

Sorry it has taken me some time this week to post our event. I have been working with the new property managers at North Lake Common to come to an understanding of what our event has become and our ability to work together (different than the general mall property owner. They only own and manage the store fronts were Panera and Fox and the Hound are). *Unfortunately we were not able to reach a common ground and I have decided to move the location of Charlotte area cars and coffee for future events. *The new location at this time is to be determined. The size that this event as become, the unstructured nature of the event, and the antics of this past month all lead to this decision.*

I know this is short notice for our event tomorrow but the weather forecast seems to have had a premonition about this outcome and it is suppose to rain. This may give us a week or more to find an alternative location that really fits our needs and will be mutual with the property owners. Over the years I have been approached by several alternative locations that extended a warm welcome to host our monthly event. * I will revisit this list I have collected at this time.*

If you could do your part and inform your friends and family members that have enjoyed this event over the past three years of this change I would greatly appreciate it. *We thank North Lake Commons for their past hospitality and wish them luck.*

Stay tuned to charlottecarsandcoffee.com and other sites to see the change it should be posted this week. I would ask if you are going to attend tomorrow that you part behind Men's Warehouse they have given us that lead way with the short notice with the understanding that we will be out by April.*

Sorry for the short notice and inconvenience. We will figure this out and return to the great event this has become for Charlotte area car enthusiast! *

Michael
Old 03-02-2012, 12:24 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Thanks for the great job and keeping this event going. Its unfortunate that it had to come down to this.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Mikey74Stingray
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about moving it closer to town. like south park or something like that
Old 03-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Roush
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 79 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13

Cars and Cervezas?
Old 03-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Tommy Almond
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks Michael for what you have done

Michael I have always looked forward to the 1st Saturday and this event for it was the best around, not only because of classic cars but all the different cars. This truly was "the event" and it was a good location but as is life all things at times do end. Hopefuly you will have great success in landing a new location and we' ll do all we can to spread the word on the new location. I hate that a few "children" had to show their lack of age last month but I was impressed that they could spin tires on wet pavement.....but it was uncalled for and again very childish. We will montior all site for your latest and if I can help in any way do let me know.
Tommy
Old 03-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Ret.Horsecop13
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14
NCM Sinkhole Donor

This is a fun event that I look forward to. I hope you find a new place. You do a great job with this, we all appreciate it!
Old 03-03-2012, 09:15 AM
1Sweet66
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ret.Horsecop13
This is a fun event that I look forward to. I hope you find a new place. You do a great job with this, we all appreciate it!

Always a great excuse to get the old car out and put a few miles on it. Before this event started I never knew that there were this many exoctics and classics in the Charlotte area. (I mean some of the high dollar Italian cars, classic RR & Jags... ) Much different than an Autofair event. You name it and it would show up in one form or another.
Good luck in finding a new place.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

The mall management should recognize that this event draws a large amount of people to their property and can generate a considerable amount of revenue.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:38 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Hitch
The mall management should recognize that this event draws a large amount of people to their property and can generate a considerable amount of revenue.
I thought Panera loved the event. They do nothing and have customers lined up out the door all morning.

I also wonder how many people that regularly attend even realize that it is an organized event. How many attendees can you reach via the internet? I bet 100s keep showing up at the old location. even after the event is moved.

So where and when is it again?

I bet Birkdale Crossings would love to have some more traffic (Hickory Tavern, a few small restaurants, coffee shop) but they couldn't handle a large crowd.... not enough parking.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:09 PM
funit1
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Birkdale would be a great place to have C&C.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 PM
1truL48
Smokin' BBQ Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
NC Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

The event needs a large town center atmosphere with plenty of parking and easy on/easy off an interstate. Also need the coffee atmosphere and ease of walking for families/strollers/photographers/etc.

Birkdale: parking is a premium and no central plaza showcase. Exit 25 and I-77 is a nightmare.

Concord Mills: great parking easy on/easy off I-85 and I-485, good coffee and enclosed mall for strolling. NE Charlotte/SW Cabarrus County

Ballantyne Village: again parking is a premium and easy off I-485 and Johnston Road. Drawback - extreme south Charlotte and Lake Norman and points north and west traffic has a ways to drive

Arsley: I-485 and NC Hwy 49. Good parking for the morning crowd in front of the theater. Coffee shops and hotels. Good access to I-77, I-485, I-85.

Decisions decisions........
Old 03-05-2012, 10:06 PM
1truL48
Smokin' BBQ Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
NC Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Hitch
True - it draws 100s to the property but they show up and leave before the shops open on Saturday mornings. It really generates revenue for Panera Bread. I doubt many other stores see the benefit.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:36 PM
MC36
Instructor

Thanks to all for the suggestions, I am working hard to find a new location! It is not as easy as it looks to find something that is accepting of the event. We will continue to try!

Thanks for the kind words,

Michael
Old 03-30-2012, 08:44 AM
MC36
Instructor

Hello All,

Good new and bad news: The good news is that the Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee group has a new home! We have been invited by the owner of the NC Music Factory and Mattie's Diner to use their facility to host our monthly event. After several locations and site visits this is going to be the best location for us. It has all of the criteria plus some. We have a centralized location in Uptown Charlotte (off of Graham St/NC Music Factory Blvd- corner of Hamilton St and 12th), a very large parking facility, multiple outlets from the property, a great Diner to serve hot coffee and food, and a owner that is also caught up in the car craziness!

Bad news is that with the deal just inked at the last minute there are several things that need to be completed before we start. We need to give Mattie's a chance to prepare for the influx, to establish our event with the Uptown division of Charlotte's Police Department and to complete a new list of compliance rules that need to be approved that we must follow in order to get started. (As you know the poor decisions by a select few lead to this change so to insure that this does not happen again we need some rules laid out. I am going to postpone April's event and resume it in May. Thank you for understanding and I know we are probably going to miss a wonder day weather wise but to insure that this is a long term home for us it is necessary.

I am glad this slight blip is over in our history but on to greater things at our new home!

See you in May,

Michael

Get notified of new replies

To Charlotte Cars and Coffee March Event - postponed. Please Read!

Quick Reply: Charlotte Cars and Coffee March Event - postponed. Please Read!