Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Service in Fort Myers

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 09:09 AM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Default Service in Fort Myers

Just bought a place in Fort Myers and will be bringing my 2006 Z06 with me. Looking for a good shop to service my Vette. Prefer non-dealer.

Also will be looking to hook up with other Vette owners. I see there is a show sponsored by Corvettes of Naples on Nov. 6. I'll plan to stop by and hopefully make some new friends.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:36 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Welcome to the area I live in Cape Coral, I was at a car show today at Roger Dean Chevrolet. Three Vette Clubs were at the show. I am thinking about joining one? Possibly Southwest Florida Corvette Club or Vettes on the Giulf? As far as shops I know of a few on the other coast Horsepower Sales & Torq..I try to do as much as I can on my own. The dealer Roger Dean is not bad. Look forward to meeting a fellow member.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:42 AM
als2052
Burning Brakes

Been using Roger Dean for past 5 years with no issues...& SW Corvette Club your best bet..
Old 10-24-2011, 11:29 PM
VetBoyZR1
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the Ft Myers area, I like Estero Chevy. DO NOT go to Bob Taylor.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:43 AM
grn envy
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by VetBoyZR1
In the Ft Myers area, I like Estero Chevy. DO NOT go to Bob Taylor.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:38 AM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Thank you for your responses. I look forward to meeting fellow Vette owners in Fort Myers.
Old 11-21-2023, 10:20 AM
C6SEUSA
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sefa01
Thank you for your responses. I look forward to meeting fellow Vette owners in Fort Myers.
Bumping this old thread. Is Estero Bay Chevrolet still good? I had a few bad experiences there and the service director was a jerk but he was recently replaced and Estero Bay was purchased by a corporation a few months ago.

Who is this Bob Taylor you mentioned?
Old 11-25-2023, 05:23 AM
1Sikstik
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I believe Bob Taylor is now Rick Hendrick Chevy in Naples. You may want to try Gulfcoast Motorworks for non dealer service but I don't know what their pricing looks like. I know they sell overpriced used cars and exotics so not sure if that mentality spills over into the service department. I do recommend Estero Chevy, they service my Corvettes and have had no problems with them.
Old 11-25-2023, 05:50 AM
C6SEUSA
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Sikstik
I believe Bob Taylor is now Rick Hendrick Chevy in Naples. You may want to try Gulfcoast Motorworks for non dealer service but I don't know what their pricing looks like. I know they sell overpriced used cars and exotics so not sure if that mentality spills over into the service department. I do recommend Estero Chevy, they service my Corvettes and have had no problems with them.
I have used Estero Bay always since I bought my 2005 Corvette from them in 2020. Service has been mostly good but not great.
Issues for me at Estero Bay were: They broke my cup holder and my ride select switch bracket while doing service. The big issue for me was that they did not even tell me but instead I found the broken items before I left the parking lot. They did replace the cup holder and paid me for a ride select switch I bought from a corvette forum member. Then they repaired my trunk hatch release by replacing the body control module but the push button release still never worked. I kept asking them to replace the switch by the license plate but they kept claiming things like key fob battery and key fob distance as the cause. I finally got the service manager to give me a switch for me to put on agreeing that I would pay for the switch if it did not fix the issue. That was a year ago. I put the switch in at that time and the license plate release has worked consistently ever since then.
Ben was a good service writer but he left. Bob, the service manager at the time, was a jerk. Estero Bay sold to a corporation earlier this year.

I took my corvette to Legendary Automotive in Fort Myers to replace my harmonic balancer and some other work. They replace the balancer in early July but it failed in mid-August so they had to replace it again. So far so good ... PTL! But I probably will never go back to them.

I found the place you mentioned ... https://www.gulfcoastmotorworks.com/service

Get notified of new replies

To Service in Fort Myers

Quick Reply: Service in Fort Myers