Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Corvette Expo in Sevierville, TN, March 25-26?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 11:55 AM
snowman0920
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Expo in Sevierville, TN, March 25-26?

Anyone know anything about this? Thinking about taking my son on father/son weekend trip there, but there is no real info on their website. Looks like it hasn't been updated in a while. What do you think? Worth the trip?
Old 01-28-2011, 04:02 PM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 245 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-13,'16-'17, '19

This used to be a great all Corvette show and swap meet. But now it's mixed in with hot rods, trucks, and 60s muscle cars. They seem to focus more on the auction now than on the Corvette show/swap meet.

If you're in the area, by all means it's worth going! If you're only interested in Corvette stuff, I wouldn't drive all the way down here for it.

Tom
Old 01-28-2011, 04:04 PM
VettinFan
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TCW
This used to be a great all Corvette show and swap meet. But now it's mixed in with hot rods, trucks, and 60s muscle cars. They seem to focus more on the auction now than on the Corvette show/swap meet.

If you're in the area, by all means it's worth going! If you're only interested in Corvette stuff, I wouldn't drive all the way down here for it.

Tom
We stopped going.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Drumbum675
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went 4 times in a row over the last 2 years. If the weather cooperates the show is decent. I mainly go for the cruise.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:35 PM
thread baron
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

I go for the show but I am only a couple hrs away. For me it usually includes a couple hours at the show, and then let the wife do some shopping and a nice dinner. As the others have said, if I were travelling a long distance I doubt I would make the trip.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:10 PM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Here's the deal guys. The economy, the Interent and many other factors have changed the car show agenda greatly over the last few years. Corvette Expo is affected as much as any show. The promoters have attempted to keep this show alive by making it interesting to more varied car folks. It still has a car show, but it does now include muscle cars, hot rods etc as well as many Corvettes. The auction is also a focal point of the show, but there are still quite a few Corvette venders on site as well as a few that deal in other high performance vehicles. The auction is probably 50% Ciorvettes and 50% other 'specialty cars.

Several years ago Cooper events moved the show from Chilhowee Park in Knoxville to the Seiveirville events center in an attempt to upgrade the show and the entire venue. Some folks love the change, some hate it. The addition of the 'cruise in' on Friday night has been a hit for many of the attendees. I have organized and led the cruise since its inception. I will be planning the route in for this year's show in a week or two. It will be similar to past cruises as we are very limited on routes due to traffic patterns and the number of Corvettes participating, Typically we end up at or near a favorite restaurant that is big enough to handle several hundred Corvette fanantics. Street rods, muscle cars etrc are not included in the cruise, it is (at least so far) only for Corvettes.

Here is the link to their web sit:
http://www.corvetteexpo.com/

PM me if I can answer any other questions.
Steve

Last edited by Phanni; 01-31-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:00 PM
richhoff
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I went last year for the first time and was not impressed. I had always thought about it, and I was in the area any way. There were a few good vendors there, and some great show cars to look at, but I was glad I hadn't spent a bunch of money just to go there.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
oldvettedrvr
Racer

Oldtimer

I plan on attending, if nothing else to break up the winter. I think the show is decent and you get to see a lot of interesting Corvettes.
I bought my car there before it hit the auction block so it is kind of a 'homecoming" for it. It is <3 hours for me so if the show is not any good I will just play tourist for the weekend.
I am also interested in the cruise on Friday.
ILMV
Old 02-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

You guys that are interested in the cruise, let me know if there is anything I can do to improve the experience. Anything that is reasonable and 'doable' will be considered.
Also you guys look me up if you attend, I'll be helping with the auction cars, then the cruise.

Some one there can point me out..
I'm the good looking one.

Steve
Old 02-01-2011, 09:48 PM
mongooseC6
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The cruise on Friday night is my favorite part.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Drumbum675
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Phanni
You guys that are interested in the cruise, let me know if there is anything I can do to improve the experience. Anything that is reasonable and 'doable' will be considered.
Make it be warm and not rain......
Old 02-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Drumbum675
Make it be warm and not rain......
I'll start working on that today.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:28 PM
98CarmineRedTN
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I used to go

My father and I went for years when it was in Knoxville. When I got my Vette the show had moved to Sevierville. For me the show went WAY down hill with this move. The show is too unorganized, and way to crowded in Sevierville. Last year, I was parked so close to another Corvette, I had to climb in from my roof to get in my car... I seriously doubt I will go.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:55 AM
jsnapp13
Racer

KY Events Coordinator

week-end bump
Old 02-13-2011, 12:32 PM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm going to go this year. Plan is to get the vette together to take if it's not raining. Honda goes if it's raining.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:53 PM
H8TOBL8
Pro

I live 15min away and felt cheated last year. I couldn't imagine my level of disappointment and anger if I had come from further away.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by H8TOBL8
I live 15min away and felt cheated last year. I couldn't imagine my level of disappointment and anger if I had come from further away.
why did you feel cheated?

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Expo in Sevierville, TN, March 25-26?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:10 AM
c5golfguy
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '10

If you are coming, stop by the Jett Vettes and Hunter Performance booths and say hi.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:07 PM
H8TOBL8
Pro

Originally Posted by Phanni
why did you feel cheated?
95% of the cars in the "show" were basically stock.

The vendors consisted of keychains, pins, jackets, knives, random parts needed to repair, etc... (more like a flea market for vetts- bunch of overpriced crap).

The auction had cars that you would find on craigslist.

There were a few vendors that had double din, hydrocarbon, etc.., but you couldn't buy it and take it. You could only place an order as if you were online.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:20 PM
0Chris@HPS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by H8TOBL8
95% of the cars in the "show" were basically stock.

The vendors consisted of keychains, pins, jackets, knives, random parts needed to repair, etc... (more like a flea market for vetts- bunch of overpriced crap).

The auction had cars that you would find on craigslist.

There were a few vendors that had double din, hydrocarbon, etc.., but you couldn't buy it and take it. You could only place an order as if you were online.

As stated above, Come by and check out our booth. No Stock vettes here, I assure. We are bring our 1200hp C6 and a C5 Convertible that will be the fastest stock suspension C5 convertible in the country.

Chris

Quick Reply: Corvette Expo in Sevierville, TN, March 25-26?