Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

[Event] Fall Skyline 10/25/08

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 01:36 PM
08 ATOMIC-Z
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Can you please email me the attachment you received. I have a friend in the Department of the Interior and I am sure they will want to here about this.

If we all go up there at the same time and want to go in the park as individuals and pay our money they can't prohibit us from entering our own National Park.

The park belongs to all of us to enjoy. We need to stand up for our rights as AMERICANS.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:09 PM
CH³NO²
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04VaVette
Can you please email me the attachment you received. I have a friend in the Department of the Interior and I am sure they will want to here about this.

If we all go up there at the same time and want to go in the park as individuals and pay our money they can't prohibit us from entering our own National Park.

The park belongs to all of us to enjoy. We need to stand up for our rights as AMERICANS.
Wow....that is totally messed up! Like you say, how can they possibly deny you entrance to the park????? Because you're in a Vette?
Old 10-24-2008, 04:36 PM
*89x2*
Team Owner

Received 2,104 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by CH³NO²
Wow....that is totally messed up! Like you say, how can they possibly deny you entrance to the park????? Because you're in a Vette?

If someone has the (legal) stones, they should push the issue.

I like the part where she said she read all this on Corvette Forum. Well, if you are reading still, I hope you realize how what you have done, will impact you (the National Park Service) now and into the future.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:47 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Wife is sick and we can't make it.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:23 PM
wayneinvirginia
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

It was a very wet day but we still had about 40 cars come out. I saw cars from TN, NJ, VA, MD, and PA.

Most importantly we raised about $800 and a box of toys for Toys for Tots.

Here are a few photos from the assembly before we started the Cruise.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:40 PM
CH³NO²
Melting Slicks

Looks wet!

I was wondering how things went because it rained like a **** here all day!

Glad to see you got some diehards!
Old 10-25-2008, 06:20 PM
KnightmareVette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the pictures Wayne! I missed both cruises this year, but I'll be back in the Spring!
Old 10-26-2008, 01:02 AM
IRON 82
Racer

What another wonderful day besides the rain.

Here are some of my photos. I didn't take alot because of the weather and sorry I didn't have a navigator so I had to take them while driving.

Skyline Drive Fall

Enjoy them.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:52 PM
LilR3dCorvette
Le Mans Master

St: Jude Donor '10

Default Since you've driven the vette in rain b4, I knew it had to be something else...

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
Wife is sick and we can't make it.
We missed you guys sorry wifey is sick, tell her we hope she feels better soon.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:57 PM
LilR3dCorvette
Le Mans Master

Default Great job, folks!

On behalf of the NVCC, I want to say thanks to everyone who worked so hard to pull this event off. It is no small task and I appreciate everyone's efforts on a less-than-perfect weather day. It was nice seeing everyone again!

I spent a good part of today cleaning the vestiges of the cruise weather off of LilRed. She is shiny and happy again I look forward to next year's cruises!
Old 10-27-2008, 12:32 AM
rfatlanta1
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Even a Skyline Cruise in the rain is worth going to! It is as much about the seeing the great people who organize the event (Val, Andy, Ron, & the rest of you- once again, well done) and meeting up with new people who quickly become old pals (Peter, Glen, & Linda, it was great getting to know you & hope to see you again in the spring) as it is about driving the cars (now we all just hate that part, don't we). I have yet to see a vette melt in the rain, although that acid rain can be tough. We followed a gorgeous '63 split window coupe for quite a while and that driver deserves a real pat on the back for bringing out his treasure in the rain. There will be lots of happy kids this Christmas, thanks to the 40 or so wet vettes and the hard work of the Shenandoah Corvette Club. We can't wait 'til the spring cruise- can we sign up now?
Old 10-27-2008, 07:44 AM
vlynnc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07-'08
Default Thanks from Val

What can I say about you folks? You guys are the best, and I appreciate each and every one of you. There will be alot of happy kids at Christmas because you didn't mind a little rain, or a last minute lane change!
Thanks also for your support concerning the park service. I'm hoping ot get this all ironed out by spring, but if not, we will have a great route planned (with an alternate...haha). What's is really about anyway? To me, it's meeting up with old friends and making new ones, having a great time doing it, and helping out a worthy cause. I think all those things were accomplished despite the weather and the park.........
Hope to see you all in the spring (or before!)
Stay safe!
Val
Old 10-27-2008, 12:52 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LilRedCorvette94
We missed you guys sorry wifey is sick, tell her we hope she feels better soon.
Me drive my Vette in the rain before? When? Who told you that lie?
She feels a lot better now, thanks!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:33 AM
berryj
Drifting

Originally Posted by vlynnc
What can I say about you folks? You guys are the best, and I appreciate each and every one of you. There will be alot of happy kids at Christmas because you didn't mind a little rain, or a last minute lane change!
Thanks also for your support concerning the park service. I'm hoping ot get this all ironed out by spring, but if not, we will have a great route planned (with an alternate...haha). What's is really about anyway? To me, it's meeting up with old friends and making new ones, having a great time doing it, and helping out a worthy cause. I think all those things were accomplished despite the weather and the park.........
Hope to see you all in the spring (or before!)
Stay safe!
Val
Thanks again Val for getting this together! My wife and I had a great time even w/ the rain! We're still cruising down the Blue Ridge this week and the colors are tremendous! Looking forward to the next one!

John and Trish
Old 10-28-2008, 10:10 AM
LilR3dCorvette
Le Mans Master

Me drive my Vette in the rain before? When? Who told you that lie?
Gonna make me quote your pic again?

She feels a lot better now, thanks!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:18 AM
66MOSSPORT
Intermediate

I want to give a big, big thanks to all who braved the rain to support our T4T cruise.
I want to thank all of those who helped with the cruise. The following is a list supporters of the cruise:
Jack Evans Chevrolet
Front Royal Police Dept
Front Royal Welcome Center
Holiday Inn and Resorts
Houlihan's
Quality Inn-Skyline Drive
Mid America
Zip Products
Corvette Central
Corvette Museum
Gold Eagle
Carlise Promotions
Loudoun Mutal Ins
The Young Marines
Shenandoah Valley Corvette Club

Again a big thanks to all for you support so others will have somthing for Christmas.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Steel Blue 91
Le Mans Master

Well Damn! You mean to tell me that Jamie and I could have won the "longest distance traveled" (again)!! Sorry guys, business considerations (her employees) prevented us from attending this fall. However, we will be plan on being there in the spring.

Bill
Old 10-31-2008, 09:48 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

The problem is you didn't take out enough credit default insurance on the Corvette Forum Skyline drive cruise. If you had arranged for about $5 billion in coverage from major banks that would have paid you if for any reason the cruise had been canceled then the government would have actually paid you to complete the cruise to avoid the collapse of the financial system.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Hurricane

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran

Originally Posted by 04VaVette

I wasn't able to make it this year but this is really uncool. The previous cruises along Skyline Drive that I participated in were a blast!

Grrrrrr.....how about some letters to Senator Webb and Senator-elect Warner? I would like to see the NPS respond to a few congressional inquiries on this.

Quick Reply: [Event] Fall Skyline 10/25/08