Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Galaxy Diner car show (Atlanta) June 7th

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Jeff_in_Atl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Galaxy Diner car show (Atlanta) June 7th

I don't know why I didn't think of posting this since I am running the car show this time but the June Galaxy Diner car show is this Saturday June 7th 4-7pm. http://www.galaxydineratlanta.com/ The price is right, FREE.
http://www.claire-marie.net/GalaxyDinerCruiseIns.htm
BTW Saturday evening is now steak night at the diner. They have some interesting specials.

It looks like there is no rain in the forecast either. About time.

Last edited by Jeff_in_Atl; 06-03-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:31 AM
rgbvette
Heel & Toe

I'm there dude!
Old 06-04-2008, 10:33 AM
candacedianne
Burning Brakes

Sounds like a lot of fun, unfortunately, I think David and I will be attending Mini Mod Day II. Have fun and post pics!
Old 06-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Jeff_in_Atl
Instructor

Oh I forgot to mention Neighbor day (air show) is at PDK airport the same day from 1-5. You can go to the show and stop by the Diner. It's not far from PDK so we will probably see some planes flying over.
http://www.pdkairport.org/

"This year’s airshow is sponsored by the Jim Ellis Automotive Group Atlanta. Early committals to this
year’s airshow include Team RV and an exciting ten-plane formation flight. World renowned acts include
Gary Ward in his MX2 and Greg Koontz in the Super Decathlon. Our own Pat Epps will be performing in
his aerobatic Bonanza, and the hard charging Larry King will be in his super-charged biplane. Kent
Gorton in the Extra 300 and Greg Connell in his Eagle round out the show. It promises to be our best
airshow ever!"

Last edited by Jeff_in_Atl; 06-04-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:03 PM
cyclonend
Instructor

The wife and I are thinking of attending.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Jeff_in_Atl
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_Atl
Oh I forgot to mention Neighbor day (air show) is at PDK airport the same day from 1-5. You can go to the show and stop by the Diner. It's not far from PDK so we will probably see some planes flying over.
http://www.pdkairport.org/

"This year’s airshow is sponsored by the Jim Ellis Automotive Group Atlanta. Early committals to this
year’s airshow include Team RV and an exciting ten-plane formation flight. World renowned acts include
Gary Ward in his MX2 and Greg Koontz in the Super Decathlon. Our own Pat Epps will be performing in
his aerobatic Bonanza, and the hard charging Larry King will be in his super-charged biplane. Kent
Gorton in the Extra 300 and Greg Connell in his Eagle round out the show. It promises to be our best
airshow ever!"

I just heard on the radio that Jim Ellis is bringing a new Z06 Vette and some type of Porsche (I think 911 Carrera turbo 480 hp) and will be racing it down the runway.

Last edited by Jeff_in_Atl; 06-06-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Jeff_in_Atl
Instructor

Well we braved the heat and on the hottest day of the year the A/C going out in the restaurant and had the biggest turn out ever. 34 cars + 5 either late arrivers or didn't want to register. (1 was a brand new C6 with under 1000 miles on it and the other was a new Ford Mustang GT500) Despite the heat everyone seamed to have a great time.

Congratulations John (cycloned) for taking the "post 85 and up" category WINNER in his 2007 Corvette! (My wife wants your car. )
AND
Congratulations Rafael (RGBVette) for taking runner up in the "post 85 and up" category.
You guys and your beginners luck.

When I recover I'll get some pictures up. Just give me a fan.

For all those who didn't make it your missing out.

Last edited by Jeff_in_Atl; 06-07-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:32 AM
MrsScreamnDman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_Atl
Well we braved the heat and on the hottest day of the year the A/C going out in the restaurant and had the biggest turn out ever. 34 cars + 5 either late arrivers or didn't want to register. (1 was a brand new C6 with under 1000 miles on it and the other was a new Ford Mustang GT500) Despite the heat everyone seamed to have a great time.

Congratulations John (cycloned) for taking the "post 85 and up" category WINNER in his 2007 Corvette! (My wife wants your car. )
AND
Congratulations Rafael (RGBVette) for taking runner up in the "post 85 and up" category.
You guys and your beginners luck.

When I recover I'll get some pictures up. Just give me a fan.

For all those who didn't make it your missing out.

SOUND LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TURN OUT, HOPE TO MAKE IT NEXT YEAR. WE HOSTED A "MINI MOD DAY" AND COULD NOT MAKE IT, BUT WE CAN HONESTLY SAY WE KNOW HOW HOT YOU WERE, WE WERE STEAMING (check out our pics on the mini-mod day post). LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AGAIN ON THE 21st, MOUNTAIN RUN. STAY COOL

Get notified of new replies

To Galaxy Diner car show (Atlanta) June 7th

Quick Reply: Galaxy Diner car show (Atlanta) June 7th