Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Anyone familiar with Rogers Corvettes in Maitland, FL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 12:46 AM
johnandbeth
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with Rogers Corvettes in Maitland, FL?

I am an out-of-towner, looking at one of his cars via email pics and info. Seems like a really nice car, and I'm really interested, but have to fly to Florida to see the car in person. I've never bought a car without seeing it first, so it seems a little risky to me.

Is anyone familiar with this dealer to offer some feedback? At this point I want the car, but am leary of getting down there and the car not being what I'm expecting.

Thanks for any info!

Thanks for everyone's help. We are going to get the car we've been considering. Thanks!!

Last edited by johnandbeth; 10-23-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:51 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 308 Likes on 138 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Roger has the reputation for delivering exactly what he advertises...he is known to carry the lowest mileage, most expensive used vette's in the country...if he has what you are looking for I doubt you will be dissapointed...

A lot of his inventory is show quality for car collectors only...they have barely been driven and should not be now....
Old 10-21-2007, 06:18 AM
C5naples
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rogers has the finest and cleanest cars I have ever seen. Like the other post said all his cars have low mileage. They may want more for their cars, but you will get a car in excellent condition. I would not hesitate for a second on buying a car from them, you will not be disappointed.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Deftly
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

There is a car show there this weekend. Send the vin and and description of the car anyone of us can scope the car out for you.

I think what one poster was hinting at was if the car you want is an older model with low milage it may not respond well to driving. That all depends on how much Roger drove it to lubricate all the seals while it sat in his show room.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:50 AM
72Greyhound
Heel & Toe

the cars are exactly what you see, no surprises. it was a great experience; start to finish. i spent the day driving, sitting in, and playing with the car. they couldn't have been nicer. wonderful place. would not hesitate to do it again and in fact, will do it again. i did pay the money for a 3rd party mechanical appraisal that was ready for me when i arrived, it was worth the money. the wife and kids got t-shirts from disney, i got my car. seemed fair to me!
Old 10-21-2007, 06:26 PM
tscales
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Phantom II
There is a car show there this weekend. Send the vin and and description of the car anyone of us can scope the car out for you.

I think what one poster was hinting at was if the car you want is an older model with low milage it may not respond well to driving. That all depends on how much Roger drove it to lubricate all the seals while it sat in his show room.
What car show is there this weekend? I'll keep looking in this forum, but if you have details......
Old 10-21-2007, 06:27 PM
tscales
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07

Never mind -- went to their website.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:39 AM
StuzVette
Cherish your Hopes...
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 215 Likes on 132 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07

The Rogers Cruise In 2008 will be going on 10/27/07...
...so if you post the info on the vette you want Im certain that someone will be glad to look up the vette with pics and their evaluation!
...I will be there with StuzVette this weekend and would be happy to check on it...and I promise not to buy it out from under you
Old 10-24-2007, 10:20 AM
tscales
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07

I already went and looked at it for him (and signed up for this Saturday). It's in fantastic condition.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:11 PM
dunbindun(tov)
Safety Car

I bought my 2002 triple black from Roger in May 2005 with 4924 miles on odometer. It's not my DD so it only has 14K now, but it has been totally reliable. I squeaked in under the 36 mo window and added GMPP for my own peace of mind, but have yet to use it.

I got what I paid for.

DBD
Old 10-24-2007, 05:45 PM
geo 84 vette
Instructor

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

i bought 84,92,99 from rogers. great guy to
work with, my 06 new from a dealer oh i did
pick up 04 ssr from rogers
Old 10-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Cool Rod
Pro

Default Top Of The Line

I went there last week. An amazing place with at least 100 Corvettes. A large climate controlled showroom, tile floor, very clean, with a densely packed collection. Other Vettes parked outside. Roger is a nice guy, professional and proud of the quality of his cars. It was an education just walking around with him and him explaining things to me. You could buy a car from him sight unseen and know you will get an excellent car. I just ordered a new Vette, but I think if I had gone there first I would have probably bought a used one instead. All of his cars are mint, and a lot of them are just like new. Two thumbs up!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:33 PM
wjgesq
Heel & Toe

Default Rogers

I bought a 98 C5 from Rogers Corvettes. It was low mileage and very nice shape. He even delivered it out of town and I do not think there was a charge. He was not flexible on price at all. First car I every bought without a discount. So, they are very well represented cars, but do not expect to dicker.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I bought my '02 from Roger in '06 with 864 miles on it. It had no signs of use whatsoever. Yeah, I paid a little extra and I got a -new- C5 after I had test-driven C6s and decided I liked the C5 better. If Roger has what you want at a price you want to pay (btw, I don't think he's overpriced for what he has), you can buy with confidence. Oh, and to echo another poster, no dickering. It will just put him off.

Good luck!
Old 10-31-2007, 01:48 PM
dunbindun(tov)
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Gannet
I bought my '02 from Roger in '06 with 864 miles on it. It had no signs of use whatsoever. Yeah, I paid a little extra and I got a -new- C5 after I had test-driven C6s and decided I liked the C5 better. If Roger has what you want at a price you want to pay (btw, I don't think he's overpriced for what he has), you can buy with confidence. Oh, and to echo another poster, no dickering. It will just put him off.

Good luck!

No games; no surprises. Don't know whether I'll go back as my 02 may outlive me.

DBD

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone familiar with Rogers Corvettes in Maitland, FL?

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with Rogers Corvettes in Maitland, FL?