Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

[Event] Fall Skyline '07 10/20/07

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Jim Strathearn
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PA Events Coordinator
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default [Event] Fall Skyline '07 10/20/07

It's that time again!

Fall Skyline is October 20th, 2007. We'll meet at the used car lot of Jack Evans Chevrolet in Front Royal. Registration will begin at 8:00 AM, and we will roll out at 10:30 AM. Directions to JE Chevy are here:
Go here and click the link for location/hours/directions Remember; it's the used car location!

I had something I just had to do on our usual cruise date so we moved the cruise up a week. I'm beginning to think you all should have just went ahead on our usual date w/o me! We can't get rooms at the Quality Inn, so we can't get their banquet room for a meet and greet. Most lodging accommodations are full that weekend; I guess that's a popular weekend around those parts! I promise to keep our usual weekend date open for next year!

OK - having said all that, here's the plan:

We were able to block 10 rooms at the Super 8 in Front Royal. Here is their contact info:

Super 8 Motel at the intersection of Route 340 and 55 in Front Royal - 10 rooms blocked until 10/1/07. Call 540-636-4888 and reference "Skyline Drive Corvette Cruise" Rate is 78.26 including tax. Includes free continental breakfast, high speed Internet.

Seeing how 10 rooms usually is not enough, I suggested blocking some rooms in Winchester, which is pretty much the home base for SVCC. We blocked 20 rooms at the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott. We also reserved the party room at Hoss's in town for our meet and greet beginning at 6:00 PM. Here is the contact info for Winchester: (Linda and I will be staying in Winchester and will be participating in the meet and greet. Those folks deciding to stay at the Super 8 are free to ride over and join us for dinner; we'd love to see you there.)

Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott close to the intersection of Routes 522 and 81 in Winchester - 20 rooms blocked until 9/28/07. Call 540-665-8881 and reference the "Corvette Event, starting on 10/19/07". Rate is 95.00 not including tax. Includes refrigerator, microwave, and high speed Internet. Free breakfast bar.

To make this cruise even more interesting, Brookside cannot accommodate us that weekend. (They also said they probably could not have accommodated us on our usual weekend as well.) Now I know this won't break a lot of hearts, but we haven't nailed down lunch yet. Maybe we'll just have to drive a little longer and break up and have lunch on our own... We'll see.

And did I mention that we have not completed our $200.00 permit for the park yet? Maybe we'll just completely mix things up this year!

And maybe - just maybe - we'll have a National Corvette Magazine Editor there again this fall... He may even have his nearly completed monster '85 with him!

All in all, this should be an interesting cruise. Frankly, we already have an alternate destination planned for the spring cruise, so maybe this will be the start of some new and hopefully improved Skyline cruises!

The cruise will once again benefit Toys for Tots. Your generosity truly makes a difference in the surrounding communities during the holidays. Kids that would otherwise go without get some really nice gifts thanks to all of you that attend the cruise. We can't thank you all enough for that...

Registration is as follows:

$10.00 per car pre-registered, $15.00 the day of the cruise. This is an increase of our past fees. Skyline Drive is just beautiful this time of year and we very well may go into the park for the cruise. If we do, we need to pony up the $200.00 permit fee. In the past, that fee has been picked up by Corvette Enthusiast Magazine, and then Shenandoah Valley Corvette Club. SVCC is a wonderful, small club that really has to work hard to make up that $200.00 fee so this year we need to cover it. And, if we do not go into the park, that's all the more $$$ for T4T!

Preregistration checks are to be made out to Toys for Tots and can be mailed to:

Jim Strathearn
PO Box 332
Shrewsbury, PA 17361

Please remember to make your checks out to Toys for Tots.

But wait - there's more!

The Shenandoah Valley Balloon Festival, held 20 minutes from Front Royal, is asking for Vette participation on Sunday. Looks like Linda and I may have to stay an extra day... More details to follow...

Last edited by Jim Strathearn; 08-28-2007 at 11:22 AM. Reason: I kant spel
Old 08-28-2007, 10:00 PM
stormrider
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been waiting all year for this, I missed last year, so of course I am in I can stay for the balloon fest too

Last edited by stormrider; 08-29-2007 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:25 PM
wayneinvirginia
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Count me in Jim. I'm sure what ever you put together will be good. Sunday sounds interesting to me as well.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:29 AM
commando57
Instructor

We are sticky status now!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:13 AM
vlynnc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Info on the Balloon fest is here

Since we are invited to participate, there's no charge to get in. Once I talk to the entertainment director, I'll have more details........stay tuned!
Val
Old 08-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Old 08-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Jim Strathearn
Drifting

PA Events Coordinator
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by ALLTHROTTLE&NOBOTTLE
It will be good to see you again Steve!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:02 PM
wayneinvirginia
Drifting

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by vlynnc
Info on the Balloon fest is here

Since we are invited to participate, there's no charge to get in. Once I talk to the entertainment director, I'll have more details........stay tuned!
Val
Val,

How are the folks at the balloon festival asking us to participate? Do they want us to do a show or what?

Wayne
Old 08-31-2007, 11:02 PM
USA C5
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Hey Wayne

We are looking forward to this cruise.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:19 PM
wayneinvirginia
Drifting

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by USA C5
We are looking forward to this cruise.
Hey Ed it will be nice to see you guys there. After the Vette Fest I don't think I'm the most popular member of the C C of R.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:32 AM
tluck
Pro

I'll be there for the sixth time.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:41 AM
vlynnc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Originally Posted by wayneinvirginia
Val,

How are the folks at the balloon festival asking us to participate? Do they want us to do a show or what?

Wayne
Hi Wayne!
They left it up to us....we think on short notice we'll just have everyone come and display their cars and enjoy the day. Maybe next year we will incorporate a judged show, but for this year we will keep it simple. Once I talk to her again today, I'll have times......thanks for asking!
Val
Old 09-04-2007, 07:42 AM
vlynnc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Originally Posted by tluck
I'll be there for the sixth time.
It'll be good to see you Tom! Thanks for your continued support!
Val
Old 09-04-2007, 02:19 PM
wayneinvirginia
Drifting

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by vlynnc
Hi Wayne!
They left it up to us....we think on short notice we'll just have everyone come and display their cars and enjoy the day. Maybe next year we will incorporate a judged show, but for this year we will keep it simple. Once I talk to her again today, I'll have times......thanks for asking!
Val
A picture of the Vettes all lined up in front of the Balloons would make for an unusual and probably fantastic photo op. We need to make sure we can get the cars arranged to try to get a picture like that taken
Old 09-05-2007, 11:24 PM
USA C5
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Vette Fest?

I missed the Vette Fest due to work. You will have to fill me in next time we see each other.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:44 PM
chrisf9801
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am most definitely in! My dad is driving over from Ohio with his C5 to join us too.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:53 PM
63_GrandSport
Le Mans Master

I just bought a C3 but I dont think I will be able to make it Missed the spring one and now the fall.

Get notified of new replies

To [Event] Fall Skyline '07 10/20/07

Old 09-07-2007, 08:41 AM
KnightmareVette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Afraid the Redhead and I are going to miss this one. My car has "eaten" a third fuel pump and I still haven't figured out what is killing them yet. That and all of our money is tied up buying stuff for the baby and setting up a nursery. Hope to see you all in the spring!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

I think I'm in. I'll have to work out a few details.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:26 AM
vlynnc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Originally Posted by KnightmareVette
Afraid the Redhead and I are going to miss this one. My car has "eaten" a third fuel pump and I still haven't figured out what is killing them yet. That and all of our money is tied up buying stuff for the baby and setting up a nursery. Hope to see you all in the spring!
We'll miss you two, but CONGRATULATIONS! We expect to see 3 of you in the spring!
Val

Quick Reply: [Event] Fall Skyline '07 10/20/07