Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Anyone from the Wilmington, NC area out there?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 07:50 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Anyone from the Wilmington, NC area out there?

Hey all, i have seen sveral gorgeous vettes cruising the streets of wilmington andgot a huge wave fro a great looking white C4 with chromed rims as we passed on highway 17 in brunswick county sunday evening coming back from charleston, SC. well i just wanted to know if there were any of you out there, i would like to meet ya and shoot the breeze sometime if there are!

chris
Old 08-15-2001, 04:15 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Anyone from the Wilmington, NC area out there? (lcvette)

guess im a loner! :cool: bad to the bone
Old 08-15-2001, 04:31 PM
ncvetteman
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The is a C5 owner ther...member "MLCxxx" or something, he's usually fairly active. I'm 2 hours north in G'ville
Old 08-16-2001, 02:53 PM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Anyone from the Wilmington, NC area out there? (ncvetteman)

good old Greenville, i moved here from there and still go back to race at kinston from time to time, i will have to look you up next trip i make up there! I graduated a Pirate from ECU and miss the town tremendously, i am actually thinking about going back for my masters as i've only been gone since Decemebr 99', well perhaps we will see ya soon!

chris
Old 08-16-2001, 04:38 PM
ncvetteman
Safety Car

good old Greenville, i moved here from there and still go back to race at kinston from time to time, i will have to look you up next trip i make up there! I graduated a Pirate from ECU and miss the town tremendously, i am actually thinking about going back for my masters as i've only been gone since Decemebr 99', well perhaps we will see ya soon!

chris
ECU grad myself...I work in Kinston (35min commute), next time you want to run there drop me a line.

Ryan
Old 08-20-2001, 04:50 PM
IxIx DRAGON xIxI
Drifting

I live in Little River, SC
Old 08-27-2001, 05:44 PM
MDL-01C5
Safety Car

Default Re: Anyone from the Wilmington, NC area out there? (IxIx DRAGON xIxI)

I would be one of the priveledged citizens of wonderful Wilmiwood:D
Live up in the Pine Valley area.
I also know another forum member( I forget his forum name) who has a white 91 C4 as well as someone with a Mag Red vert who's online.... I see alot of 'vettes on the road around town, and if I don't wave it's ONLY because I didn't see you
:seeya
Old 08-28-2001, 11:58 AM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Anyone from the Wilmington, NC area out there? (MDL-01C5)

Hey there,
Glad to see im not alone in the wilmington area. thats a beautiful C5 you have there, i would love to see her in person sometime! I live on Airlie Rd. towards Wrightsville Beach, and currently have been unable to drive my vette, for good reasons though!! putting goodies on her!! a buddy of mine and i were down in southport at my fathers shop, a forum member made it down from raleigh, Brian Smith, owner of a yellow 92 six speed. we are currently undergoing a cam installation along with several other goodies, check my sig for details on it. if ya want to join the fun this weekend one day we should be there again, the motor is torn half apart and it is kinda scary looking, but the savings in labor allowed me to get several other great parts for it! well, im gonna get back to work before the boss comes in here and harps on me for spending too much time on the internet (laughing) he really doesn't mind while we are slow!! but drop me a line, we have been making trips to fayetteville on thursday nights to race the test and tune, and a quite a few vette member have been showing up, its a ton of fun. i will be there a week from thrusday if all goes well to test the new parts out and see how they do, we usually convoy up there, its a blast. shoot me an email if it sounds like somehting you'd be interested in doing or just to shoot the breeze, i love to talk vettes!! look forward to hearing from you1

Chris :smash:
Old 08-30-2001, 10:26 PM
1_this
Advanced

I'm here in Wilmington. I do a lot of King Mackerel tournament fishing so I am late in posting.:D

Live in the Middle sound area and this month I was lucky to be featured on Blue Thunder as the car of the month.
Hope to do more in getting involved.

Horace :cheers:
Old 08-31-2001, 10:12 AM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Anyone from the Wilmington, NC area out there? (1_this)

you King fish? thats cool, my father runs a boat and suzuki dealership in southport, so i am usually fixing peoples boats. we help sponser cash prizes for tournaments like the US open, lady angler, and other miscellaneous tourneys. i would love to see that 63 sometime!! i am currently working on my 95, and dad has an 85, 94, and 96 LT4, he is going though his second childhood and we are both high on the hog with go fast desire!!! drop me a line sometime if you'd like to meet, i will never pass the opportunity to get to kow another vette owner especially one with a 63!!! in my favorite color!

talk to ya soo, and i'll be keeping my eyes out for ya on the road. that is if you drive it? later

chris :cheers:
Old 08-31-2001, 07:58 PM
1_this
Advanced

Lets get together and have a :cheers: ! I am leaving to go to hardees next week. I run the Greater Wilmington King Mack Tournament and yes I drive my 63 almost daily! :D

Name of the boat is Just Because and you will probably see me in my work truck Gold 2001 Ford crew cab with a GWKMT logo on the window.

Horace
Old 09-01-2001, 08:55 AM
L&L 99
Racer

Cool live in Little River not to far from Wilm.and Southport we have a show next Saturday come on down.10am till 2pm Chris Wilson Chevrolet Hwy 9.
Little River S.C. :cheers:
Old 09-05-2001, 11:01 AM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Anyone from the Wilmington, NC area out there? (1_this)

1_this,
thats cool, i am currently i am still in progress of finishing my mods listed in my signature and i am working mon-friday here in wilmington and driving to southport in the evenings to work little bit at a time. i think i will have her back together this week/weekend at the latest, the cam is in and the motor is rebolted and last night i finished prepping all the gasket surfaces for refittment of all the parts, so tonight i plan to press the hub back on and then from there it should go really quick. just a matter of bolting and torqueing everything together. i will keep ya posted!!

chris

ps, sounds goo on that :cheers: maybe we can grab a drink at dockside, its about a 30 second walk from my house!! :D
Old 09-06-2001, 05:33 PM
L&L 99
Racer

Hope you get it done and you can come on down :chevy
Old 09-09-2001, 07:30 PM
MDL-01C5
Safety Car

So'd ja get everything put together, bud?
Old 09-09-2001, 08:48 PM
jafranke
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there.

Another member from hurricane central here. I haven't logged into this section for a while so I didn't see you post earlier. You don't see me on the road yet, my 59 still has the body off. Should have installed the drive train this weekend, but didn't get the time.

There are a bunch of owners around. I live right off pine valley drive myself. There's a guy on Chalmers that restores C1 and C2s and resells them. I also know a few others around. (62, 66, etc). There is some guy with a 58-61 under a cover on Oleander just east of College. Haven't met him yet. As soon as I get mine back together I'll be on the road with mine. At my present pace I expect that to me in about year or so.

Jon
Old 09-10-2001, 02:10 AM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Anyone from the Wilmington, NC area out there? (jafranke)

hello al ya wilmington members!!!

shes back together, starte her up for the first time this afternoon! have one more thng to do before sh is road ready but other hen that, the big greasy stuff s done and thres no more grease, at east on the outside of the motor or compartment... should have the exhaust issue of fitting the new hooker longtubes to the SLP 3" cat back done by tuesday night and back on the road!! i gota tl ya though, without the exhaust, straiht through the long tube headers se ounds wicked!! :yesnod: i was grinning for hours today after i got the last touches onthe motor finished, but then after turning her over for the first time and she started and ran terrible, i noticed i had#5 and #7 wires criss crosed, hard tpo tell with the LT motors, can't readily see the dist. mine are done by the wire loom layout and the last two back there were tricky after being hooked up and forgotten about for 3 days. i am interested in making a trip to fayetteville thursday for some trial runs to guage the new mods, anyone interested?!!! iam gong to post a new opis with the idea!! go check in if your interested and hok or wave if ya see the car in my sig around town, i will pull over and shoot the breeze wit ya!!

thanks guys see ya soon!! :seeya
Old 09-17-2001, 04:14 PM
Raistlin
Burning Brakes

Hey Chris,

I'm here in Wilmington. I replied to your Fayetville post, then saw this one.
We should get together and have a :cheers: . I'd like to check out your Vette, sounds awesome.

Stephen
Old 09-18-2001, 11:39 AM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Anyone from the Wilmington, NC area out there? (Raistlin)

Raist,
That sounds great, im always open to meeting Vette owners and grabbing a drink! quick question somewhat off topic, your screename doesn't happen to be derived from the Dragonlance chronicles does it? I'm a huge fan of fantasy reading and htink i've read just about all of them. just was curious....

anyways, i think i may have seen your car around, i have the red 95 with ZR-1 rims, pic in my signature, you outta drop me an email, lcvette1@aol.com, we can meet up and shoot the breeze!!

look forward to talkin to ya!

chris

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone from the Wilmington, NC area out there?

Quick Reply: Anyone from the Wilmington, NC area out there?