Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

[Ratpack Grande Dame] Update: Docs Final Words

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 05:59 AM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default [Ratpack Grande Dame] Update: Docs Final Words

Just thought I'd pass along what I learned yesterday. My incisions are healing fine and I should be able to return to work next week.

The other part of the news is that the patholgy report showed the tumor was 'malignant with negative margins'. That means that it was cancerous, but they did get it all. However, it means that it could come back or I could have tumors show up other places. I am to have a chest x-ray every 6 months (to make sure I don't develop any tumors in/on my lungs) and a CAT scan once a year for the foreseeable future to keep an eye on the rest of my organs.

Everytime I try to talk about it though, I start to cry....I know that I am very lucky....at least they got it before I had any real problems, and at least this time, chemo/radiation wasn't an option, so I didn't have to go through that.

Thanks for all your support during this ordeal. It (and EACH OF YOU) means the world to me and Steve. We're grateful to have all of you as our Corvette Forum family.

Love,
Julie!
Old 08-04-2005, 06:33 AM
KnightmareVette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear that you're doing well Julie! Now get back behind the wheel where you belong and show us RatPackers how real driving is done! (Boy bows down to the Grand Dame!)

Michael
Old 08-04-2005, 06:39 AM
MrWhan
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 3-4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I can't imagine what it would be like going thru that and having to check on it every 6 months. But one thing is for sure, we're glad you're ok now!

Steve, on the other hand....

We're always here for ya!
Old 08-04-2005, 06:54 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

All I can say is what a trooper.................of course giving sponge baths to your loved one is fun
Old 08-04-2005, 07:53 AM
oyealiz
Team Owner

Received 232 Likes on 119 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'16

hey girl!

glad to hear of a positive report!!!

Old 08-04-2005, 09:53 AM
MrWhan
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 3-4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by ALLTHROTTLE&NOBOTTLE
........of course giving sponge baths to your loved one is fun
Oh yea!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:12 AM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by KnightmareVette
Glad to hear that you're doing well Julie! Now get back behind the wheel where you belong and show us RatPackers how real driving is done! (Boy bows down to the Grand Dame!)

Michael
Michael,
Getting past you right now would be easy! (I read about your water pump 'issue')!

Hope to see you and Stephanie again soon! Thanks for the kind words.

Julie!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:15 AM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by 98Pace97Coupe
I can't imagine what it would be like going thru that and having to check on it every 6 months. But one thing is for sure, we're glad you're ok now!

Steve, on the other hand....

We're always here for ya!
Ron & Liz,
You guys have been great 'long distance' friends! Yeah, it suxs having to keep an eye on things and 'wondering' what the results will be each time, but I have to keep a positive attitude...I've got lots of things to look forward to!!! And Steve does take really good care of me (& what would he do w/3 Vettes if I wasn't around anymore???)

Julie!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:35 AM
AnteVenom
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Daytona Jam 1 Veteran

Julie,

All in all you did fine and it is great news that they got it all and you are healing.

Everything will work out fine now and you will be much better off checking on things at regular intervals than some who have problems and do not find out about them until too late.

All this means is that we keep you and Steve in our prayers a little longer! LOL

Stay Well!

Chuck
Old 08-04-2005, 11:57 AM
RORIN1
Intermediate

That is really great News Julie. Regular check ups are a good idea anyway, so really no sweat. Hang in there and heal up quickly so you can get back behind the wheel.
PS. We haven't actually met, but I think I was parked in front of you at Waterside. Hope to meet you and Steve formally in the not-too-distant future.
With all good wishes,
Bob
Old 08-04-2005, 12:57 PM
FELNGR8
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Julie, that's really good news. The fact they don't recommend chemo or radiation is a sign of confidence that the cancer was nipped in the bud.

Enjoy life every day. We recently visited Chip Miller's family at Carlisle and what strikes me is how they enjoy life to the utmost and relish every day.

I look forward to seeing you somewhere soon.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:51 PM
IVOZO6
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FELNGR8
Julie, that's really good news. The fact they don't recommend chemo or radiation is a sign of confidence that the cancer was nipped in the bud.

Enjoy life every day.
Yes what he said!!!

Glad you are doing better.

Remember that:

Life is truly way too short, enjoy every day like it was your last, have fun and have NO regrets.

Ivo
Old 08-04-2005, 04:36 PM
MrWhan
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 3-4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by BLONDE C5
Ron & Liz,
You guys have been great 'long distance' friends! And Steve does take really good care of me (& what would he do w/3 Vettes if I wasn't around anymore???)

Julie!
He'd sell me some tires!

Just kidding of course....I think we all choose to "have you around"!
Old 08-04-2005, 06:22 PM
HamCrab87
Pro

As a Relay For Life Team Captain (and as a friend) it warms my heart to hear a success story. I will light a survivor's bag for you next year fer sure!

Just thought I'd pass along what I learned yesterday. My incisions are healing fine and I should be able to return to work next week.

The other part of the news is that the patholgy report showed the tumor was 'malignant with negative margins'. That means that it was cancerous, but they did get it all. However, it means that it could come back or I could have tumors show up other places. I am to have a chest x-ray every 6 months (to make sure I don't develop any tumors in/on my lungs) and a CAT scan once a year for the foreseeable future to keep an eye on the rest of my organs.

Everytime I try to talk about it though, I start to cry....I know that I am very lucky....at least they got it before I had any real problems, and at least this time, chemo/radiation wasn't an option, so I didn't have to go through that.

Thanks for all your support during this ordeal. It (and EACH OF YOU) means the world to me and Steve. We're grateful to have all of you as our Corvette Forum family.

Love,
Julie!
Old 08-04-2005, 07:07 PM
SeaUSA
Racer

Cruise-In III Veteran

We be glad yo innards is doing fine miss Blonde C5 and as Red Green says "Your'e not in this alone, We're pulling for ya!"
Old 08-04-2005, 07:55 PM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by AnteVenom
Julie,

All in all you did fine and it is great news that they got it all and you are healing.

Everything will work out fine now and you will be much better off checking on things at regular intervals than some who have problems and do not find out about them until too late.

All this means is that we keep you and Steve in our prayers a little longer! LOL

Stay Well!

Chuck
Chuck,
Nice to hear from you! The news was just shocking...but I have the best form of medicine: Steve, and all of you!!

Hope to see you at our next drag racing event!!!

Take care,
Julie!
Old 08-04-2005, 07:58 PM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by RORIN1
That is really great News Julie. Regular check ups are a good idea anyway, so really no sweat. Hang in there and heal up quickly so you can get back behind the wheel.
PS. We haven't actually met, but I think I was parked in front of you at Waterside. Hope to meet you and Steve formally in the not-too-distant future.
With all good wishes,
Bob
Thanks Bob! Yes, I do remember your car at Waterside. And yes, we will definitely 'formally' meet soon, I'm sure. (We missed you at the winery cruise!) Corvettes (and their owners) are a great distraction in times of stress....maybe I can work my way into a C6 due to this!!!

Julie!

Get notified of new replies

To [Ratpack Grande Dame] Update: Docs Final Words

Old 08-04-2005, 08:03 PM
MOOELLA
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Ivo, Chuck, Tom, & Billy,

Thanks for all your kind words. They all mean sooo much when facing a somewhat uncertain future....but I will keep on top of this and look at it as a 'speedbump in the road of life'....it may slow me down, but it won't stop me (guess that's the Corvette driver in me!!)

Julie!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:11 PM
RORIN1
Intermediate

Wow! Getting into C6 would be quite a turnabout. I just got the C5 last November and that was an upgrade from a 1980 C3. But, whatever, once you get Vette fever, nothing else will do. Nice that you're looking at smooth sail'n with no radiation, etc. Hope you are out and about in a flash.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Ron 75 L48
Melting Slicks

Love,
Julie!
Julie. Really glad to hear that they got all of it. We need another winery cruise without rain!

Ron

Quick Reply: [Ratpack Grande Dame] Update: Docs Final Words