Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Chevy dealer service in Orlando Fla

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 04:31 PM
FastMover
Drifting

Location: Tellico Plains, Tn "Wolf" Official Corvette Guard Dog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Chevy dealer service in Orlando Fla

Hey Orlando guys, Who has the best dealer service in the Orlando area,
I managed to avoid going to a dealer for service when I had my C5 and
so far with my C6. No major problems so far except noisy brakes but rather then wait for a problem I would like to get some comments now. I purchased my car from a forum dealer in Montana, ALL the locals wanted MSRP+ 5K and up.
Let me know who you used and how they treated you.... Thanks Jim

Old 07-26-2005, 05:01 PM
CAPTRKO
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

I would like to know as well....I bought mine from a Forum dealer as well, so in the same boat. I would like to know who the best CHEVY/Corvette dealer is!
Old 07-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by FastMover
Hey Orlando guys, Who has the best dealer service in the Orlando area,
I managed to avoid going to a dealer for service when I had my C5 and
so far with my C6. No major problems so far except noisy brakes but rather then wait for a problem I would like to get some comments now. I purchased my car from a forum dealer in Montana, ALL the locals wanted MSRP+ 5K and up.
Let me know who you used and how they treated you.... Thanks Jim

Many Z51 brakes squeal on light application. This is/was considered normal for a racing brake pad. There is a recent GM fix available if the dam things are getting to you.(I plan to do mine)
Old 07-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can only tell you to NOT go to Holler. I took a C4 there once... Not only did they not fix the problem I took the car to them for, they actually pulled a scam on me although I can't prove it. It's a long story but basicly when they gave me my keyback they gave me a key they had made with the wrong resistor. Naturally the car wouldn't start so I couldn't leave the dealership. (How convenient) They ended up changing my ignition switch, claiming there was a broken wire not allowing the computer to read the resistor in the key. When I got home I called up the codes and I got a code that indicated "invalid passkey detected" . There was no code set for passkey circuit open (as in broken wire) or shorted. So how can broken wire transmit an invalid passkey? They gave me the old ignition switch ... The wire looked cut to me... not worn through. Was I set up? It would be very easy to do that.

Last edited by Larry B.; 07-26-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:50 PM
FastMover
Drifting

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by Hoonose
Many Z51 brakes squeal on light application. This is/was considered normal for a racing brake pad. There is a recent GM fix available if the dam things are getting to you.(I plan to do mine)
but not until I need to go for some other reason
Old 07-27-2005, 02:42 AM
Stangkiller
Race Director

CI 5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

I guess it's who you know, i know a few people that work at hollar which is where i would take my car if i had to take it to orlando...Otherwise if you don't mind a drive. Bob Steinmetz in melbourne on US1 he's the corvette tech working for Jim Rathman Chevy.

Chris
Old 07-28-2005, 12:32 PM
duds
Advanced

Default Courtesy Check West Orlando

I have had my C5 to Courtesy on three occasions since I got it last Dec. Always fixed right the first time. Roger, the Vette Serv Mgr, is great to deal with. The main Vette Tech is Keith who has been there many years and highly respected. I originally purchased my C4 from them and was alway happy with their servce.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:01 PM
1carguy
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Orlando Service

I bought mine from Van Gannaway in Eustis. Great dealership to work with and even better service. No BS on the sales side. Easy to deal with. Owner cares. Last experience with Bill Heard was horrible. Roger's Corvettes also excellent to work with.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:44 PM
FastMover
Drifting

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by 1carguy
I bought mine from Van Gannaway in Eustis. Great dealership to work with and even better service. No BS on the sales side. Easy to deal with. Owner cares. Last experience with Bill Heard was horrible. Roger's Corvettes also excellent to work with.

I bought mine from a forum dealer but it was delivered at Van Ganaway. I was wondering about them since they are a small dealed and
I assumed they didn't sell many vettes. When I do need service I will give them a chance. What is your car and do you live in South Lake County
Jim
BTW I purchased my C5 Vert new from Rogers in 2000
Old 07-28-2005, 01:50 PM
FastMover
Drifting

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by duds
I have had my C5 to Courtesy on three occasions since I got it last Dec. Always fixed right the first time. Roger, the Vette Serv Mgr, is great to deal with. The main Vette Tech is Keith who has been there many years and highly respected. I originally purchased my C4 from them and was alway happy with their servce.
duds is that the Courtesy on W Hwy50, I think Courtesy owns all the Chevy dealers in orlando and atleast one Mazda dealer on SOBT

Old 07-28-2005, 04:52 PM
duds
Advanced

Default Yes

Yes, West Colonial (50) Just west of John Young...
Old 07-29-2005, 12:05 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 299 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

It is my understanding that Mike Norris at Next Level Performance is an authorized warranty shop...might want to give him a call...very fine reputation...
Old 07-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Gazpar
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Orlando info

Mike Norris (AKA NLPreformance) [407 682 7223] has the rep of being THE corvette guy in Orlando...
His site is here
(he currently has my 86 vert which Im getting back tommorrow).

From what understand, he is pricey, but good. hes always busy, but if you mention the forum, I think he will squeeze ya in a little sonner than not.
He's also a supporting vendor here.

As for Dealer service, if your a member of the local corvette club you get a decent discount at Holler Chevrolet, But I'm new with them, and dont know the specifics.

There are cheaper 'vette repair options around central Fla that have decent reps, but I dont have any of there contact info. I only know "of them"

All depends what ya need to get done.

DO NOT goto Corvette masters, behind Roger' corvettes.

Hope this helps...
Old 08-05-2005, 05:44 PM
FastMover
Drifting

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by 1carguy
Brake noise finally got to me so I took it to Van Gannaway today, they replaced the pads and now no noise

They did a great job and were very careful with the car. Only the Vette
tech ( Tony) drove the car
Old 08-05-2005, 10:12 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry B.
I can only tell you to NOT go to Holler.
Nice to see things don't change much up there. I used to work for Holler Honda as a service advisor. As a company, they were terrible to work for.

Get notified of new replies

To Chevy dealer service in Orlando Fla

Quick Reply: Chevy dealer service in Orlando Fla